Gigs 2020 - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What time do gigs in McChuills (Glasgow) usually finish? Thinking of heading through in a couple of weeks to see Dermo (Northside) but don’t want to be looking at my watch all night worried about catching my train back to Edinburgh 

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Me and Mrs. Ramy went to see Country music legend Shania Twain last night. 45,000 plus, and one eedjit in a Celtic top.. 🤣🤣🤣🍺🍺

20230706_181029.jpg

20230706_204312.jpg

That doesn't impress me much....

23 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I see Paul Heaton has put money behind the bar in 6 boozers near Glasgow Green so punters going to TRNSMT today can have a free pint on him.  Cracking gesture!

I was at Transmt yesterday and he mentioned that. Said he would rather buy folk a drink than pay the money in tax 😂

He was great. Such a laid back guy. He was  like a dad that had just wandered onto the stage . He had a young girl from Bellshill  dueting  with him , she was brilliant. I was mainly there to see Pulp but really enjoyed him. 

21 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Def Leppard we’re good last night, Motley Crue were unbelievable, Tommy Lee even had the not so PC titty cam used 😂😂😂

Weather was horrific, but what a night it was. 

I was expecting the park to be like a mud bath yesterday with all that rain and you old rockers the night before but it was surprisingly dry . 

55 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I was at Transmt yesterday and he mentioned that. Said he would rather buy folk a drink than pay the money in tax 😂

He was great. Such a laid back guy. He was  like a dad that had just wandered onto the stage . He had a young girl from Bellshill  dueting  with him , she was brilliant. I was mainly there to see Pulp but really enjoyed him. 

I was expecting the park to be like a mud bath yesterday with all that rain and you old rockers the night before but it was surprisingly dry . 

Yeah we were there too and managed to get a free drink in the Braemar before going in! The numerous Celtic tops and pictured adorning the walls confirmed I’ll go anywhere for a free beer!! 😂

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Yeah we were there too and managed to get a free drink in the Braemar before going in! The numerous Celtic tops and pictured adorning the walls confirmed I’ll go anywhere for a free beer!! 😂

I was in that bar too on Thursday as I’d had enough of a lunatic taxi driver reversing through red lights on the way to GG 😂

They surprisingly never mentioned a bar tab that night 😂😂

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

😂

Mr Tidy went into Sloans when he was waiting on me as I could only get half day off not the full day. He ordered a pint of neck oil and it cost £6.75, he is still moaning about it today . When he heard he could have got a free pint somewhere he was ragin . 

Bellshill lass with Paul Heaton.

She posted a video of her singing Rotterdam during covid and Paul Heaton ‘liked ‘ it. They kept in touch and when he got the Trnsmt gig asked her if she wanted to duet with him. Dreams do sometimes come true 😊

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Bellshill lass with Paul Heaton.

She posted a video of her singing Rotterdam during covid and Paul Heaton ‘liked ‘ it. They kept in touch and when he got the Trnsmt gig asked her if she wanted to duet with him. Dreams do sometimes come true 😊

She did a few songs online or maybe on Tv around euro2020 games - Scotland top & kilt on - singing Caledonia or FoS, Yes, Sir. , etc.  

She’s been working on her stuff and touring for the past few years so was a nice wee touch to get singing with Heaton.  

I watched a bit of the highlights last night and there was another Scottish lassie (Brooke Combe) on main stage with a scotland top on for her set. Edith Bowman was trying to tout her to the SFA in the post-gig interview. 😂

2 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

She did a few songs online or maybe on Tv around euro2020 games - Scotland top & kilt on - singing Caledonia or FoS, Yes, Sir. , etc.  

She’s been working on her stuff and touring for the past few years so was a nice wee touch to get singing with Heaton.  

I watched a bit of the highlights last night and there was another Scottish lassie (Brooke Combe) on main stage with a scotland top on for her set. Edith Bowman was trying to tout her to the SFA in the post-gig interview. 😂

😂

When George Ezra was on we took a walk about. My husband likes dance music so we wandered to the boogie bar as there was a DJ playing but it was full of weans and that GBX stuff so we wandered off again.
I checked the schedule and someone called Nati  Dreddd was playing on the River stage. My husband says ‘ we will go and see him I enjoy Reggie’. 

Got there. The reggie guy was actually a young scottish girl with and east coast accent singing the polar opposite of reggie. The only connection to reggie was her red ringlet hair . Honest to god if that doesn’t tell you we are 20 yrs too old to be going to these things I don’t know what does . 

We splashed out on the basic VIP tickets as there are seats and decent loos. There was a wee mobile disco there and Karen Dunbar was dj’ing .

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂

When George Ezra was on we took a walk about. My husband likes dance music so we wandered to the boogie bar as there was a DJ playing but it was full of weans and that GBX stuff so we wandered off again.
I checked the schedule and someone called Nati  Dreddd was playing on the River stage. My husband says ‘ we will go and see him I enjoy Reggie’. 

Got there. The reggie guy was actually a young scottish girl with and east coast accent singing the polar opposite of reggie. The only connection to reggie was her red ringlet hair . Honest to god if that doesn’t tell you we are 20 yrs too old to be going to these things I don’t know what does . 

We splashed out on the basic VIP tickets as there are seats and decent loos. There was a wee mobile disco there and Karen Dunbar was dj’ing .

Think I was about 6 feet away from you when you took that video by the looks of it! 

13 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Think I was about 6 feet away from you when you took that video by the looks of it! 

😂 how spooky !

I have a couple of videos around that time as I kept bloody filming in slo mo  so kept trying to take again, have no idea what I hit to get slo mo 🙄 Was like being in a drug induced stupor watching them.

Did you have on a white t shirt with black round the neckline by any chance ? 😁

24 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 how spooky !

I have a couple of videos around that time as I kept bloody filming in slo mo  so kept trying to take again, have no idea what I hit to get slo mo 🙄 Was like being in a drug induced stupor watching them.

Did you have on a white t shirt with black round the neckline by any chance ? 😁

No, I had a navy Fred Perry on!  We were standing at one of the wee barrels next to the covered bit for a spell when Karen Dunbar was DJing.  I had my back to her initially and kept thinking "that DJ sounds awfy like Karen Dunbar"!!

58 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No, I had a navy Fred Perry on!  We were standing at one of the wee barrels next to the covered bit for a spell when Karen Dunbar was DJing.  I had my back to her initially and kept thinking "that DJ sounds awfy like Karen Dunbar"!!

Your identity remains anonymous ! I only  captured a guy in a navy t shirt. 

I would never have known it was Karen Dunbar with that cap on. She said she was playing at the Oran Mor on 24 Sept. A wee local night out for you ! 😊

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Your identity remains anonymous ! I only  captured a guy in a navy t shirt. 

I would never have known it was Karen Dunbar with that cap on. She said she was playing at the Oran Mor on 24 Sept. A wee local night out for you ! 😊

I think one days exposure to Karen Dunbar’s DJing is enough to keep me going for a while!! I also had a grey/blue hat on if that helps identify me in any of your videos! 

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think one days exposure to Karen Dunbar’s DJing is enough to keep me going for a while!! I also had a grey/blue hat on if that helps identify me in any of your videos! 

I have been scouring the footage but you are safe !! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, bonzo said:

Going to see them in Glasgow in November as well, the 100 club is just to say I've been to the 100 club😁

They've got three gigs in Japan lined up for October.  Not bad for a wee covers band from Maidenhead!

• 4 weeks later...