Billy Gilmour - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour

gonzohiggy

Chelsea have played 22 players this season so I would be disappointed if he didn't get a game tonight.

Chelsea will be no were near full strength and I doubt if Man U will be either .

Good experience for the lad anyway to play against seasoned professionals but "huge" will be when he starts an EPL or Champions League game.

39 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Chelsea have played 22 players this season so I would be disappointed if he didn't get a game tonight.

Chelsea will be no were near full strength and I doubt if Man U will be either .

Good experience for the lad anyway to play against seasoned professionals but "huge" will be when he starts an EPL or Champions League game.

Think you’re underplaying the significance somewhat.

its one thing having confidence to play an 18 year old against Grimsby but to do it against Man Utd is a huge vote of confidence from his manager. 

Incidentally, both sides have pretty strong lineups

Edited by gonzohiggy

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Potentially we have 5 players in 3 EFL Cup matches tonight, featuring all EPL teams.

McTominay might be rested, though.

Almost 6. Aberdeen born and bred Terry Taylor , 18 year old, on bench for Wolves tonight but for some odd reason, he has chosen to represent Wales, after his welsh mother

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Wee bit contact. Daft from the full back. Just started watching and also trying to put the kids to bed. How has Gilmour played?

How was it daft from the full back

There was absolutely nothing in it

It was a total dive

1 hour ago, gonzohiggy said:

Think you’re underplaying the significance somewhat.

its one thing having confidence to play an 18 year old against Grimsby but to do it against Man Utd is a huge vote of confidence from his manager. 

Incidentally, both sides have pretty strong lineups

Man Utd have a very strong line up. Chelsea are using it the way way most top teams do, to blood youngsters  and keep fringe players match fit. No way is that a strong Chelsea team.

Man Utd seem to be experimenting with three at the back.

7 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

If a player is touched in the box, it's a penalty.

A defender shouldn't have to make contact with a player in order to defend.

Utter crap

You're thinking of basketball

Edited by Bino's

17 minutes ago, Bino's said:

Utter crap

You're thinking of basketball

If I was a defender and I was stupid enough to make contact with a player in the box, I'd expect to be punished for it. If you make a slide tackle or go for a header, and you get the ball first, well, that's a different story.

The best defenders make contact with the ball.