Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany.

EddardStark

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you reckon we would get a full house if it was Germany on Saturday?

This Saturday being the first match after the referendum will be strange I think.Lots of people are still suffering or rejoicing,depending on what side your on.I would , never the less,expect a full house anytime against the world champions.

The head to head only matters when comparing the teams who are deadlocked.

If we end up tied on points with Poland it won't matter if we lost by 1 and they lost by 4 to Germany. It will matter what we did against each other!

Only if we both beat each other by the same score, or 2 draws will overall goal difference come into play!

Overall GD is unlikely to come into play for deciding who is 2nd or 3rd in each group. As you say it could happen if the tied teams have exactly the same score in the games against each other. Or it might go that far down the list if 3 teams are tied on the same number of points for either 2nd or 3rd place.

It could be very important though for deciding who is the best 3rd placed team. That is decided by discarding the results against the 6th place team. If the top 2 (or more ) 3rd placed teams have the same number of points then it goes to overall GD.

For that reason alone our narrow defeat in Germany was quite good (as far as defeats go).

Big wins for Germany against Poland or ROI is unlikely to help us get 2nd or 3rd place in our group though. I do think we want Germany to win both games though, by any score line, but a big score line wouldn't do us any harm. Unless of course we end up tying with Germany for 2nd place. :wink2:

Germany should beat these 2 average teams. Regardless of their starting 11.

Agree tho that the Poland game could be tight.

2-1 v Poland and 3-0 against Rep.

you think germany will win 3-0 in dublin

did you watch our game against them, they were gash and this is the same 11

oh yeah neither it is

still, they must up game hugely from when played us to get anywhere near 6 points

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe we played very well and stopped them from playing like they can. Now they are playing 2 teams ranked 40 places below us they might win comfortably.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe we played very well and stopped them from playing like they can. Now they are playing 2 teams ranked 40 places below us they might win comfortably.

how did you think Germany played in that game, well or badly?

Poland have been appalling in the last two campaigns and Lewandowski has by all accounts never kicked a ball for them

but Poland at home against this German 11, and Ireland after a. V impressive win in Georgia

i know one thing, we need points Saturday

we`ll get 3 points vs Germany, don`t know how, don`t know if at all...but we will :)

I feel it ;)

let`s be honest, it`s the best and only time to bite them. Everybody can see they are not as confident as few months earlier due to injuries. But they will recover later on in the campaign i`m absolutely sure, so now or never. Perfect time to play them (if it`s ever perfect time to play Helmuts ...)

...and then we draw with Scotland :)

football it is.

how did you think Germany played in that game, well or badly?

Poland have been appalling in the last two campaigns and Lewandowski has by all accounts never kicked a ball for them

but Poland at home against this German 11, and Ireland after a. V impressive win in Georgia

i know one thing, we need points Saturday

It's hard to say how they played. This isn't the team who won the world cup but they still have some exceptional players.

We played very well, worked very hard at closing them down and denying them space meaning they created very little. We were undone by set pieces again but actually created good chances ourselves.

After the next few games we will know if we played well against a good side or whether they are not that good. I have a feeling Germany will win both comfortably.

and Ireland after a. V impressive win in Georgia

A "very impressive win in Georgia"?

You're ripping the pish, right?

They scored 2 late goals (one after 90 mins) to jammy a win against a team ranked 110th in the world.

You're easily impressed.

Me too but let's not pretend a late win against a rank-rotten side is "very impressive".

I watched the game and you're right, Ireland were very average and didn't really deserve the win. Georgia could have be 2 or 3 nil up at halftime, but the famous Irish jammyness in qualifying (plus a superb goal from a certain A. McGeady) saw them through.

The feeling i get over here is that the media aren't fully behind O'Neill, and are a few of bad results away from turning on him. I spoke to Brian Kerr (the former Ireland manager, now pundit) a couple of months ago about the group and , well, his colourful language made it clear he's no fan of O'Neill's!

Add in the divisive figure of Keane, and IMO Ireland could implode if they don't get things right.

I don't think people have noticed that the first tiebreaker is head-to-head, not goal difference. It's the matches against each other that are important for goal difference, though... ;)

This would mean that the results against the Germans (assuming all three lose both games), the Georgians and the Gibraltarians (assuming all three win them) aren't overly important goal difference wise. We need Poland and Ireland to slip up against Georgia and/or Gibraltar and fail to gain anything from the Germans. While we need to do the opposite...

It's hard to say how they played. This isn't the team who won the world cup but they still have some exceptional players.

We played very well, worked very hard at closing them down and denying them space meaning they created very little. We were undone by set pieces again but actually created good chances ourselves.

After the next few games we will know if we played well against a good side or whether they are not that good. I have a feeling Germany will win both comfortably.

Schwensteiger out for Night was a big plus for Scotland , Germany didnt play at their best but did enough to see off Scotlands challenge

Equally that is NOT taking away from a very positive Scotland Performance which ye can as Scotland fans take alot from

Schwensteiger is out for our game also - which is a massive boost for us when we play them in their place next week.

All I want is good performance from our lads (similar to what ye guys did over there ), something we can build on. If we get something from the game its just an Extra massive bonus

A "very impressive win in Georgia"?

You're ripping the pish, right?

They scored 2 late goals (one after 90 mins) to jammy a win against a team ranked 110th in the world.

You're easily impressed.

Ireland didnt score 2 late goals - probably want to get your facts right there - we scored our first midway through the first half

I agree it was NOT a very impressive perfomance but it was an impressive win . We were the better side without been very good and overall we just about deserved to win it.

However Georgia are a better side than their ranking shows and I think most ppl on here and followers of International football will tell you that. I do believe one of Scotland/Poland will drop points over there.

I said on here before the group started that one of Ireland / Scotland/Poland wud drop points over there and many agreed with me on here - Ireland are now out of that equation (thankfully)

We came away from a hostile place where the georgian side were well up for it in their first game of the group and hoping to claim a win in front of their home fans and make a marker on the group......but they didnt....we put stop to that

Not an very impressive performance but an impressive away win

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising