Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Poland V Germany, Roi V Germany.

EddardStark

Schwensteiger out for Night was a big plus for Scotland , Germany didnt play at their best but did enough to see off Scotlands challenge

Equally that is NOT taking away from a very positive Scotland Performance which ye can as Scotland fans take alot from

Schwensteiger is out for our game also - which is a massive boost for us when we play them in their place next week.

All I want is good performance from our lads (similar to what ye guys did over there ), something we can build on. If we get something from the game its just an Extra massive bonus

Ireland didnt score 2 late goals - probably want to get your facts right there - we scored our first midway through the first half

I agree it was NOT a very impressive perfomance but it was an impressive win . We were the better side without been very good and overall we just about deserved to win it.

However Georgia are a better side than their ranking shows and I think most ppl on here and followers of International football will tell you that. I do believe one of Scotland/Poland will drop points over there.

I said on here before the group started that one of Ireland / Scotland/Poland wud drop points over there and many agreed with me on here - Ireland are now out of that equation (thankfully)

We came away from a hostile place where the georgian side were well up for it in their first game of the group and hoping to claim a win in front of their home fans and make a marker on the group......but they didnt....we put stop to that

Not an very impressive performance but an impressive away win

True Dat, you have some great 3 pts from Georgia.

IAH I would take the away points over the home points we just got.

Germany currently losing away in Poland. Game on.

J

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poland will have put a lot into that game. Only two days to recover then a game against us. I think we might win on Tuesday now.

This is my hunch.

Nothing worse than beating your most hated enemy them 3 days later playing some no hope.

To quote Hibs "this is exactly how the results will go". Beat The The Rangers then Draw with Raith.

Edit, Ireland away to Germany in Germany after an away defeat. I see a home win.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Was watching the poland game ....great result for the poles ......but polands first goal was due to a blunder by neuer .

Germany had 64 % to polands 36% .....germany had 22 attempts to polands 4.......Germany didnt deserve to lose it but they somehow did.

I saw nothing from Poland despite their win that would make me think Scotland or Ireland couldnt go there and get something.

Was watching the poland game ....great result for the poles ......but polands first goal was due to a blunder by neuer .

Germany had 64 % to polands 36% .....germany had 22 attempts to polands 4.......Germany didnt deserve to lose it but they somehow did.

I saw nothing from Poland despite their win that would make me think Scotland or Ireland couldnt go there and get something.

Indeed, apart from the fact Poland have 3 pts in the bag, I feel better about the next game compared to Ireland's next game.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

If we are ever going to qualify for a tournament then we need to pick up points in tough away trips to places like warsaw and dublin. Great result for the poles, but it changes nothing for us.

Exactly, everyone is saying what I am thinking. We have to pick up points in Warsaw, Dublin and now Tblisi to qualify. Combined with beating the rivals at home (Starting with Ireland at Parkhead, (did I just write that)?)

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Poland parked the bus and counter attacked at pace.

They were also very aggressive - the referee let them away with some heavy tackles.

Lewandowski looked good.

But they can't play like that against Scotland on Tuesday.

On Tuesday they will have to attack.

Edited by davew

Poland parked the bus and counter attacked at pace.

They were also very aggressive - the referee let them away with some heavy tackles.

Lewandowski looked good.

But they can't play like that against Scotland on Tuesday.

On Tuesday they will have to attack.

Good point. They will have holes.

(ITV currently playing down our win).

J

I felt it and it happened :D

What a night!

Game vs Scotland....we will all think about it tomorrow

Tonight...it`s celebration night, mental eveywhere. It`s our first ever win against Germany.

I cannae fakin belive it still!

Well done but back to earth with a bump on Tuesday. ;-)