Jump to content

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Overturned. 🤨

Oh well, Stevie g’s we tantrum did the trick but but but everyone is against ra peepul 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrupt and incompetent referees exposed again in Scotland.

No wonder Clancy is in the championship this weekend and Mcgeachie in league 2 😂.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was downgraded from violent conduct to "B1d - recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent" which is a cautionable offence. So it turns out either the ref or the linesmen doesn't fully know the rules and it should never have been a red. The ref is reffing a championship game this weekend while the linesman is down in league 2 so that suggests to me the SFA think the linesman was more at fault. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It was downgraded from violent conduct to "B1d - recklessly kicks or attempts to kick an opponent" which is a cautionable offence. So it turns out either the ref or the linesmen doesn't fully know the rules and it should never have been a red. 

Nope, that's not what it shows at all, no matter how some Rangers fans want to spin it. 

What it shows is that so many of the laws of the game are open to interpretation and that the guys on the appeals panel ("we deserve to know who these people are!") had a different interpretation from the linesman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Heavily influenced by Hun-ey G's comments the other day. It is now ok to kick opponents apparently.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope, that's not what it shows at all, no matter how some Rangers fans want to spin it. 

What it shows is that so many of the laws of the game are open to interpretation and that the guys on the appeals panel ("we deserve to know who these people are!") had a different interpretation from the linesman. 

Tbf I did say on a different thread that imo if you kick or attempt to kick an opponent it should be a red. I wasn't aware until yesterday that there was a specific rule a out kicking or attempting to kick an opponent which is only a yellow card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just corrupt and teams in this country aren't competing on a level playing field. 

It is as clear an example of a red card as you will see all season. I am utterly baffled as to how the SFA could possibly overturn this decision. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, faircity said:

It's just corrupt and teams in this country aren't competing on a level playing field. 

It is as clear an example of a red card as you will see all season. I am utterly baffled as to how the SFA could possibly overturn this decision. 

Really?

I thought as these sort of things go it was very much on the soft side. Given the rules quoted above a yellow seems fair enough.

I’d always been under the impression kicking out was a red and like ones that got rescinded last season if it had been a yellow at the time, fair enough, but I was surprised it got rescinded/downgraded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Really?

I thought as these sort of things go it was very much on the soft side. Given the rules quoted above a yellow seems fair enough.

I’d always been under the impression kicking out was a red and like ones that got rescinded last season if it had been a yellow at the time, fair enough, but I was surprised it got rescinded/downgraded.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45115016

If you are telling me that isn't a red card then we will have to agree to disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, faircity said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45115016

If you are telling me that isn't a red card then we will have to agree to disagree. 

I hadn’t seen that zoomed in view. Just saw it live at the time and had a stinking hangover.

:lol:

At the time it looked more like a tangle of legs than a volley to the back of the leg. Who looked at that and decided it was ok.

:shocked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GRBear said:

Corrupt and incompetent referees exposed again in Scotland.

No wonder Clancy is in the championship this weekend and Mcgeachie in league 2 😂.

He cannae be corrupt AND incompetent. Surely one or the other.

His incompetence would’ve got in the way of his corrupt duty to send Morelos off, which he clearly executed to perfection. 

Could you get your paranoia straight before espousing it please?

Thank you. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marky said:

He cannae be corrupt AND incompetent. Surely one or the other.

His incompetence would’ve got in the way of his corrupt duty to send Morelos off, which he clearly executed to perfection. 

Could you get your paranoia straight before espousing it please?

Thank you. 

 

Good news for St Mirren anyway if Morelols can play at thr weekend...

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Freemasons.

Absolutely. Dodgy handshakes all round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Good news for St Mirren anyway if Morelols can play at thr weekend...

 

I want to agree but you know what happens when you tempt fate! 😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×