Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 59 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Honestly, you are talking (mostly) rubbish.  Forrest has had plenty games playing in his ideal position on the right.  As many have said he has been very poor.  I think I mentioned in a post a few weeks back that Forrest is a good player when your team is doing well.

i am delighted that Forrest has played a blinder these last two games.  I hope that we can say the same when we come up against some quality opposition.

Well maybe you can name me all of these players who have shone for us while Forrest was playing shite, and who should be in ahead of him? I've got news for you pal, Scotland are generally shite, and we aren't good enough to turn our noses up at players like Forrest who continue to play well for their clubs.

As for Forrest only being a good player when the team are doing well then maybe you didn't see the first half tonight but we were shite and it was him who turned it around, hardly the performance of some sort of luxury player so it would appear to be you who's talking "mostly rubbish"

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I accused pasta mick of only Wanting Celtic players, he admitted it too. So what your Point? 

Do you struggle to read? I just said I’m happy for Forrest and Scotland. 

Keep lashing out, hopefully you get banned again and you can blame everyone else for it again too.

When did I admit that? :lol:

I think our best player is Fraser and don't want Hendry near the team. I want Gordon, Tierney, Forrest and McGregor in the team because I think they are our best players in their positions. Happy to accept McGregor is rated higher than Gordon by some and I think Christie has made a case for himself to be first pick.

I want the best players playing. It just so happens that I think some of the best players play for the best team in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Well maybe you can name me all of these players who have shone for us while Forrest was playing shite, and who should be in ahead of him? I've got news for you pal, Scotland are generally shite, and we aren't good enough to turn our noses up at players like Forrest who continue to play well for their clubs.

As for Forrest only being a good player when the team are doing well then maybe you didn't see the first half tonight but we were shite and it was him who turned it around, hardly the performance of some sort of luxury player so it would appear to be you who's talking "mostly rubbish"

😂 I’ve got news for you ‘pal’....    James Forrest has been mostly shit for scotland..... anonymous....  like a traffic cone.  

Take your green blinkered specs off.....  he can run around like pele for Celtic andvstill do nothing for scotland.  The last two games are the first time he has turned up for us.  Snodgrass for one has done much more for scotland.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

😂 I’ve got news for you ‘pal’....    James Forrest has been mostly shit for scotland..... anonymous....  like a traffic cone.  

Take your green blinkered specs off.....  he can run around like pele for Celtic andvstill do nothing for scotland.  The last two games are the first time he has turned up for us.  Snodgrass for one has done much more for scotland.

Green specs...the patter of another fucking halfwit. Well done.

I think we can all have a leaning towards players from our own clubs, even if it’s just because we are familiar with them.

I was touting Richard Tait as the solution to the right back problem in another thread.

If you’re watching Forrest for Celtic of course you’re going to think he should be in the national team. However he’s been on good form for club in the past and continually anonymous for country, he seemed to shrink when in a Scotland shirt.

That may be down to the role he was being asked to play not suiting him?

Anyway he’s apparently in the form of his life for Celtic and finally carried it over to the national team, long may it continue!

Mcgregor may be a fanny, but he’s a better goalkeeper than Gordon is now in my opinion.

To me Forrest is Scottish football's equivalent of Andy Murray. Long tipped for greatness and the talent is obvious. Murray won many tournaments but fell short of the real big ones. Just like Forrest has won much at club level and proven himself but never cracked it at international level. Murray finally got that self-belief and confidence at the highest level and kicked on. I would say the same can now be said of Forrest. 

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Ifyou’re watching Forrest for Celtic of course you’re going to think he should be in the national team. However he’s been on good form for club in the past and continually anonymous for country, he seemed to shrink when in a Scotland shirt.

That may be down to the role he was being asked to play not suiting him?

Anyway he’s apparently in the form of his life for Celtic and finally carried it over to the national team, long may it continue!

To be honest, he wasn't playing anywhere near how he was before Rodgers came. The transformation has been terrific. Before that he was your typical winger who had sporadic form and was quite frustrating. Problem with international football is you've only got a couple of games to show what you've got so you need to turn up every game. He wasn't just poor to mediocre for Scotland, he just didn't have the form he is currently displaying.

4 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

To be honest, he wasn't playing anywhere near how he was before Rodgers came. The transformation has been terrific. Before that he was your typical winger who had sporadic form and was quite frustrating. Problem with international football is you've only got a couple of games to show what you've got so you need to turn up every game. He wasn't just poor to mediocre for Scotland, he just didn't have the form he is currently displaying.

Nor has he had players around him. We’ve also been dreadful for years.

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Looks like Tierney and Cairney are the only calloffs that start today? 

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Mulgrew is starting.

Jack started for Rangers. 

McGinn is also likely to start for Villa tomorrow but he’s having a fitness test first.

Most players will pull out of an international squad with the slightest knock. Most of the time the players don’t even get a say. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Jack started for Rangers. 

McGinn is also likely to start for Villa tomorrow but he’s having a fitness test first.

Most players will pull out of an international squad with the slightest knock. Most of the time the players don’t even get a say. 

And we can't invoke the 5 day rule because it's not been 5 days.

34 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

And we can't invoke the 5 day rule because it's not been 5 days.

Eh? 

The 5 day rule stops players who have withdrawn from international duty playing for their clubs for up to five days after the international window closes. The last internationals were Tuesday so if we were to invoke the 5 day rule we could stop players playing until Monday. 

The SFA (and most FAs) will not invoke the 5 day rule if a player follows the correct procedure in withdrawing. This normally involves reporting for international duty and being assessed by an SFA doctor but not always (if a player plays abroad or is too injured to travel etc.). 

Tierney, for example, was examined by the Scotland doctor and was sent back to Celtic. There’s no way the SFA would try to stop him playing for Celtic over a week after this happened. 

If you piss players off they could end up withdrawing from international football altogether. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Eh? 

The 5 day rule stops players who have withdrawn from international duty playing for their clubs for up to five days after the international window closes. The last internationals were Tuesday so if we were to invoke the 5 day rule we could stop players playing until Monday. 

The SFA (and most FAs) will not invoke the 5 day rule if a player follows the correct procedure in withdrawing. This normally involves reporting for international duty and being assessed by an SFA doctor but not always (if a player plays abroad or is too injured to travel etc.). 

Tierney, for example, was examined by the Scotland doctor and was sent back to Celtic. There’s no way the SFA would try to stop him playing for Celtic over a week after this happened. 

If you piss players off they could end up withdrawing from international football altogether. 

I should have known better than to argue with you.😪