Europa league qualifiers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Most clarets fans are brand new, every support has its mentalists. Importing some from your 'friends' down south.....that's a special kind of pathetic :lol:

I believe they are also ‘ponced up’ with Hamburg as well as Spurs 🤔

40 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Lots of our fans looked like Alan Wells that night :lol: (showing my age)

Aye, wasn't the best night in the history of the Scotland support.

Fair enough not looking for trouble/trying to avoid it but leaving fans to get a hiding is another matter.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Fair enough not looking for trouble/trying to avoid it but leaving fans to get a hiding is another matter.

Look at our fans now though? Spotty faced twats that look like they’ve went through school without ever giving or receiving a rap in the chops. 

14 hours ago, slasher said:

Most clarets fans are brand new, every support has its mentalists. Importing some from your 'friends' down south.....that's a special kind of pathetic :lol:

Brand new....what the fuck is all that about? Whanky phrase alert. 

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This is brilliant. 

The suicide squad :lol:

How much to get a kickin' off of Margot Robbie?

8 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Milan have been kicked out of the Europa League:

So UEFA are checking where teams stand as to FFP alphabetically?

How long before they get to 'R'? (Or is that 'S'?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just waiting to hear how many points I'll need to qualify for an away ticket.

Rumour is that they'll be starting at 200 points (but who knows?)

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

How much to get a kickin' off of Margot Robbie?

So UEFA are checking where teams stand as to FFP alphabetically?

How long before they get to 'R'? (Or is that 'S'?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just waiting to hear how many points I'll need to qualify for an away ticket.

Whatever way they do it, there’s gonna be a stink kicked up as usual. People will be moaning about dna members getting a head start, but in reality, just like Scotland games, they’ll go to the most deserving fans. 

20 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agree 100% - as you said, however not standing up for yourself & running away is not the norm with our support (certainly didn't use to be)

10 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Agree 100% - as you said, however not standing up for yourself & running away is not the norm with our support (certainly didn't use to be)

We’ve softened as a country nowadays in general though. I’m with Johnny Lawrence in Cobra Kai. All this feelings pish has pussified us.

Edited by Ormond

On 6/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Starting at 165 points...then 155 points... then 140 points...

Demand is going to be over the top.

Loads of 'top Reds' are going to miss out.

Just the way it is. ☹️

I’m a Burnley fan. Have to say the tone on clarets message boards is respectful and friendly. Burnley’s a no nonsense working class town with no less or more idiots than anywhere else. The place is friendly enough to away fans so I’m sure Aberdeen lads will have a good time . Get in the miners social club for a Benedictine , Burnley favourite tipple . The cricket club is for away fans , right next to ground . No bother at all. 

The result will depend on how strong a team Burnley put out . I hope they play a strong team. We had a great season beating a few billy big bollocks teams whose fans whine like fuck .  Our defence is class , top goalies , Tarkowski and Mee are solid . Goals come from midfield .  Defour is world class . Robbie Brady should be fit. Chris wood and Ashley Barnes bang the goals in.  

No disrespect intended but who do Aberdeen have to worry us ? 

43 minutes ago, Tartanclaret said:

I’m a Burnley fan. Have to say the tone on clarets message boards is respectful and friendly. Burnley’s a no nonsense working class town with no less or more idiots than anywhere else. The place is friendly enough to away fans so I’m sure Aberdeen lads will have a good time . Get in the miners social club for a Benedictine , Burnley favourite tipple . The cricket club is for away fans , right next to ground . No bother at all. 

The result will depend on how strong a team Burnley put out . I hope they play a strong team. We had a great season beating a few billy big bollocks teams whose fans whine like fuck .  Our defence is class , top goalies , Tarkowski and Mee are solid . Goals come from midfield .  Defour is world class . Robbie Brady should be fit. Chris wood and Ashley Barnes bang the goals in.  

players who have experience in playing in europe and experience in playing games early in July - hopefully for you, your team is match fit  - I think that could be wake up call - West Ham been done a few times by european teams early in season

take a look at these games where Scot's teams been caught cold, for not being match fit/prepared for these early season games

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/five-embarrassing-european-upsets-scottish-8317903

Edited by euan2020

11 hours ago, Tartanclaret said:

Typical guff comment.

What the fuck have Burnley ever done to worry Aberdeen? Finished 7th and get into Europe, won fuck all in most people’s lifetimes and is in the arse end of nowhere  

The odds are heavily stacked against us, but handing them their arses would make my season. 

Be interesting to see their approach, get through the qualifiers then play weakened teams in the group stages because survival in the epl is more important. 

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Typical guff comment.

What the fuck have Burnley ever done to worry Aberdeen? Finished 7th and get into Europe, won fuck all in most people’s lifetimes and is in the arse end of nowhere  

The odds are heavily stacked against us, but handing them their arses would make my season. 

Be interesting to see their approach, get through the qualifiers then play weakened teams in the group stages because survival in the epl is more important. 

I will be cheering Aberdeen dandydunn.  I will also be cheering Celtic (up to a point).  Time this country stood together.  Maybe we would have a better national side then.