Europa league qualifiers - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Europa league qualifiers

On 6/21/2018 at 2:29 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Thank you. Appreciate that.

(I have some experience of travelling with Aberdeen fans.)

We'll be fine.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:07 PM, Exglasgowasc said:

I'm pretty sure that after some of my recent trips with the Dons I'll be fine. 

You don't need any advice remember?

And neither does the other fella. You both have made that clear.

For your info my missus family including her great grandparents (rip) have lived down there for 40 odd years and her uncle is a cop there to this day. I've come to know it pretty well down the years ( although not by choice).

So take your condescending, wanky attitude and stick it. If you persist with this I'll simply put you on ignore, something I've not used on here before.

Up to you, I couldn't really give a monkeys either way 👍

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Do you think that going to Burnley would be worse than a Dandy travelling to play Rangers or Celtic away?

I'd say so, aye.

Rangers and Celtic have basically no hooligan following now, not in the way they once had. Especially Rangers who used to have a fairly sizeable casual following. They are still there but nowhere near as active. Same can be said for Aberdeen.

Burnley still have a massive hooligan element for a club their size. Just like England at the Euro's, Aberdeen were once a big name in that scene so I'd be amazed if there isn't a welcoming party for travelling fans!

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say so, aye.

Rangers and Celtic have basically no hooligan following now, not in the way they once had. Especially Rangers who used to have a fairly sizeable casual following. They are still there but nowhere near as active. Same can be said for Aberdeen.

Burnley still have a massive hooligan element for a club their size. Just like England at the Euro's, Aberdeen were once a big name in that scene so I'd be amazed if there isn't a welcoming party for travelling fans!

I’m fairly sure Aberdeen will have some friends there from down south. I don’t think it’s gonna be a major problem. If people want a fight, they’ll get one, if they don’t, they won’t. 

18 hours ago, slasher said:

You don't need any advice remember?

And neither does the other fella. You both have made that clear.

No, we both just said we'd be fine.

Just curious what your advice is as I'm open to listening to it.

For your info my missus family including her great grandparents (rip) have lived down there for 40 odd years and her uncle is a cop there to this day. I've come to know it pretty well down the years ( although not by choice).

OK... You know it. We don't. How should we proceed?

So take your condescending, wanky attitude and stick it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

There's no need for that. (My goodness.)

I'm just trying to politely point out that you haven't given us any tips.

(What information can you give us?)

13 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Maybe he means you won’t be given a choice 😮

Gads :crazy:

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd say so, aye.

So why couldn't 'Nash The Slash' say that?

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I’m fairly sure Aberdeen will have some friends there from down south. 

shhh

On 6/24/2018 at 10:23 PM, sbcmfc said:

It’s hardly Millwall Away slasher.

:lol:

Its not far off it...Burnley is a hard wee town, and a town that supports its team. The locals will be delighted with making Europe, and despite some of them appearing to be disappointed with drawing Aberdeen, they'll soon get over that when they realise it gives them a great chance of going through. They'll make it intimidating, and with Aberdeens previous reputation, I'd imagine (in fact, I'd guarantee) there will be bother of some sort at both games.

I'll add a couple of bits then I'm done with this thread. 

Burnleys hooligan element or 'suicide squad' as they call themselves are heavily linked to EDL/BNP groups and will almost certainly target visiting fans. They don't adhere to the unwritten rule of not attacking 'scarfies' either, anyone is fair game. Also the town centre pubs may seem appealing as it's a fairly short walk to Turf Moor, but I'd avoid them or at least start heading towards the ground around 4pm. There are a few pubs within a 10 min walk of the ground that away fans will be fine in.👍

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Burnley have got some proper headcases but if it comes to the crunch, some of the Aberdeen fans on here could easily bore them to death. 😀

Parkie would sort them out. He’s in construction. 😋

9 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Oh dear. Only thing more tragic than clowns causing bother at the fitba - losers bigging up those clowns. Burnley fans sound like a bunch of fannies

Most clarets fans are brand new, every support has its mentalists. Importing some from your 'friends' down south.....that's a special kind of pathetic :lol:

Guest faircity

As long as none of the acne ridden Celtic fans turn up with their Palestine flags then everything should be fine. Though knowing the Green Brigade and their spelling they will see EDL and wonder why Aberdeen are getting in and they aren't. 

29 minutes ago, faircity said:

As long as none of the acne ridden Celtic fans turn up with their Palestine flags then everything should be fine. Though knowing the Green Brigade and their spelling they will see EDL and wonder why Aberdeen are getting in and they aren't. 

Funny that you should mention Celtic but they still talk about the 'battle of Burnley' back in 78 down there when Celtic fans wrecked the joint. A bit before my time but a shameful episode for the club nonetheless.

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

Funny that you should mention Celtic but they still talk about the 'battle of Burnley' back in 78 down there when Celtic fans wrecked the joint. A bit before my time but a shameful episode for the club nonetheless.

I was there. It was awful.

There was a railing down the terracing separating fans and the Celtic fans destroyed it, using the vertical, cast-iron poles as javelins and hurling them into the Burnley fans. (Who themselves were no angels).

35 minutes ago, slasher said:

the best supporters in world, surely not

30 minutes ago, Flure said:

I was there. It was awful.

There was a railing down the terracing separating fans and the Celtic fans destroyed it, using the vertical, cast-iron poles as javelins and hurling them into the Burnley fans. (Who themselves were no angels).

"more than just a club' 😂