Question Time Tonight - Page 76 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Question Time Tonight

6 hours ago, Flure said:

I though that the point people were making was not that there were non-Dundee accents but that there were NO Dundee accents.

And for a show coming from Dundee, was strange.

The main point wasn't criticising that there were people with non-Dundee accents there.

Sorry I don't agree. That is not what I saw.

7 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Is it your view that nationalists are, in general, anti English? 

No of course not.  However when it starts seeping into official channels, and to the point where they are actively exploiting it, it suggests it's a bigger problem than some would care to admit.

8 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

No of course not.  However when it starts seeping into official channels, and to the point where they are actively exploiting it, it suggests it's a bigger problem than some would care to admit.

Only the people who wrote those tweets will know what they meant however another complete valid assumption is they are in reference to Labour having a lack of activists on the ground in the local area, that they are having to bus in people from outwith the local area and in fact from outwith Scotland and that similarly they are dependent on telephone support from UK labour and implying that they have little local support.  

I'll bow to your local knowledge but I'd say that's as equally a valid explanation.  

Dimbleby telling Tasmina not to talk about Scottish politics. :blink:

This has happened with a few SNP panellists before. If they are not allowed to talk about Scotland then why invite them on ?

That libertarian low tax guy is an annoying loudmouth.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

Only the people who wrote those tweets will know what they meant however another complete valid assumption is they are in reference to Labour having a lack of activists on the ground in the local area, that they are having to bus in people from outwith the local area and in fact from outwith Scotland and that similarly they are dependent on telephone support from UK labour and implying that they have little local support.  

I'll bow to your local knowledge but I'd say that's as equally a valid explanation.  

I'd say that is a bit of a stretch.  

The Saltcoats stall: all Labour activists there were from within the constituency, the SNP activists present knew all accents were at least Scottish because there was a bit of discussion over Labour "Stealing their patch"...  They chose to lie, about activists being outsiders...  They could have chosen Glasgow, Edinburgh, or Fife accents.  But no, they made a conscious effort to choose the one that would be most offensive to a section of their support.

As for the Call centre lie.  Patricia Gibson apologised for this at a public meeting*, and her reasoning was that she went on the word of an activist.  Again, for the purpose of the lie any call centre outside of the Ayrshire region would have sufficed, but a conscious effort was made to choose London, the most offensive to a section of their support.

*  I've since been told by a member of Patricias staff that Patricia didn't want to run the smear, and that it was Kenny Gibsons call.  I've no reason not to believe him.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scunnered said:

Are we all pyoor raging about the SNP Councillor plant in the audience during the debate last night?  I'm not, but you all must be.  That was quite the rant she managed to get in.  Impartial STV my arse :lol:

Scotland were playing

4 hours ago, Scunnered said:

Are we all pyoor raging about the SNP Councillor plant in the audience during the debate last night?  I'm not, but you all must be.  That was quite the rant she managed to get in.  Impartial STV my arse :lol:

Objectivity from political partisans isn't readily forthcoming. 

Anna ffuucckkiinngg Soubry YET AGAIN!!!!

why oh why does this evil Thatcher clone keep getting on this programme.  Its a total outrage.