Masterplan? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Maybe covered elsewhere but forward planning on indy .

holyrood-do we want in labour to take the cuts flak

holyrood- do we decimate them by leaving in only 4 parties standing (other smaller parties aligned

west midden -vote total snp

west midden-abstain or vote green let tories make it worse , therefore showing true colours

west midden- vote labour to show what the liars are worth .

im thinking let slab explain to the electorate , and vote snp in ge letting further tory rule(mismanagement) and the threat to businesses over euro referendum might kick off a re-run ?

Small steps. Unless Scottish government call a snap election which is unlikely, then efforts should be concentrated on having a many YES mps as possible at Westminster whether this is SNP, Green or any alliance. Must be concentrated to destroy labour in Scotland. There is not a cat in hell's chance of Milliband obtaining a majority in the general election. It is imperative for the future purposes of Independence that labour are trounced in thesamee way as the tories are here. Will be interesting to see what the staunch no voters decide to do for the general election.

This country needs a period to heal. The SNP's post election hints at an early re-run has angered all the no voters I have spoken to. If the only way to put an end to this for at least a decade is to undermine the SNP then surely that is what all no voters must do

Peasoupblu - a perfect example of Red Tories, Blue Tories or Lib Dem Tories - or is he UKIP. That is why Labour will be detested here - they are willing to be in bed with the Tories rather than stand for old labour values.

Think you have just shown yourself to be rather pathetic.

Edited by irnbruman

Best for Scotland? You obviously have no idea of the financial tsunami that is about to engulf our people. Stability? When the debt is rising by the day and exceeds £1.4 trillion. It's equivalent to £33,000 per working person. When they have finished making life even tougher from those at the lower levels of society who do you think they are coming for next? Society and business.

Guest faircity

Not hatred, love for my country. I want the best for Scotland and that means a period of healing. Business and society needs stability.

It needs stability yet you will go all out for change. Interesting approach.

Well I can tell you now, spread the word tactical voting to get rid of the SNP. I don't care what party I need to vote for.

That's what I am hearing.

Tories and lib Dems voting labour to keep SNP out.

Labourites voting SNP to hold unionists to their promise.

Maybe even SNPs voting Labour to keep Tories out.

It's fecked up.

Early days but my best guess at the moment is:

In the near future we negotiate for home-rule or devo max whichever title you prefer, that is what we agreed to do and it could work if we are given full fiscal control (unlikely).

If the promises are broken we have a genuine reason to put a new referendum in a future manifesto.

2015 we look to return as many Yes MPs to Westminster after all it will probably be a hung parliament and we could have a large minority party. This would reduce Scottish Labour's fascination with Westminster and give Scotland a louder voice fighting against the 25bn cuts coming in next parliament.

2016 we want Scottish Labour to lose as many seats as possible at Holyrood to Yes supporters. I think this would lead to Scottish Labour realising their only hope is to reinvent themselves as a Scottish left wing party. Losing the Red Tory tag.

2017 It is possible UK votes to leave EU and Scotland votes to remain. This and the previous broken promises will lead to a new referendum in 2020 when we could also have the support of Scottish Labour.

In the meantime we have to speak to No voters understand their concerns and address them that's the only way we will win next time.

Lots of ifs, coulds and maybes but entirely possible.

Early days but my best guess at the moment is:

In the near future we negotiate for home-rule or devo max whichever title you prefer, that is what we agreed to do and it could work if we are given full fiscal control (unlikely).

If the promises are broken we have a genuine reason to put a new referendum in a future manifesto.

2015 we look to return as many Yes MPs to Westminster after all it will probably be a hung parliament and we could have a large minority party. This would reduce Scottish Labour's fascination with Westminster and give Scotland a louder voice fighting against the 25bn cuts coming in next parliament.

2016 we want Scottish Labour to lose as many seats as possible at Holyrood to Yes supporters. I think this would lead to Scottish Labour realising their only hope is to reinvent themselves as a Scottish left wing party. Losing the Red Tory tag.

2017 It is possible UK votes to leave EU and Scotland votes to remain. This and the previous broken promises will lead to a new referendum in 2020 when we could also have the support of Scottish Labour.

In the meantime we have to speak to No voters understand their concerns and address them that's the only way we will win next time.

Lots of ifs, coulds and maybes but entirely possible.

Also if there is a bar on Scots MPs voting on English issues, and more and more issues become English only due to 'more devo', then that could also 'reduce Scottish Labour's fascination with Westminster'

we don't need no stinking masterplan

we go down the Home Rule road.....until a lot of the things that people were unsure of during the indyref are in place......and who knows, the currency issue might sort itself out by then

This country needs a period to heal. The SNP's post election hints at an early re-run has angered all the no voters I have spoken to. If the only way to put an end to this for at least a decade is to undermine the SNP then surely that is what all no voters must do

Scotland needs the best government it can get. That's the SNP. This campaign has reinforced that.

In terms of the UK and healing any divide. It's simple; Westminster makes good on their promises and Milliband is able to deliver on his promise that social justice is best achieved with a no vote.

Do this and independence goes away

In terms of the UK and healing any divide. It's simple; Westminster makes good on their promises and Milliband is able to deliver on his promise that social justice is best achieved with a no vote.

Do this and independence goes away

100% correct.

Just about every Yes voter knows that they won't make good on their promises and that our society will remain deeply unequal though. Hence why we won't give up.

Independence will happen, our moment of victory has simply been delayed.