This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

That is brilliant!

:lol:

Lennon did milk it, but given the absolute torrents of abuse he will be enduring, a GIRUY is understandable.

I'm expecting him to be up in front of the beaks at the SFA as they've done players for similar gestures in the past. 

That's all that Really needs done. 

Police involvement is a bad joke

Lennons one of those people who most people tend to find obnoxious and dislike, he does take pelters

at games (given him a fair bit myself) but his arrogance and the way he comes across during interviews doesn't

help him. I don't mind players/managers giving some back but they have to be careful nae to offend some of the

more sensitive souls attending matches these days, they need to do it with a bit of humour, nae tying scarves onto

goal posts or playing flutes etc. 

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Lennons one of those people who most people tend to find obnoxious and dislike, he does take pelters

at games (given him a fair bit myself) but his arrogance and the way he comes across during interviews doesn't

help him. I don't mind players/managers giving some back but they have to be careful nae to offend some of the

more sensitive souls attending matches these days, they need to do it with a bit of humour, nae tying scarves onto

goal posts or playing flutes etc. 

Or maybe fans need to stop being overly sensitive fannies who are happy to give it out then cry when they get a bit back?

What's worse, throwing a glass bottle at someone or tying a scarf to a goal post? 

Lennon's gesture wouldn't even be spoken about if Sevco had won the match.

19 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Or maybe fans need to stop being overly sensitive fannies who are happy to give it out then cry when they get a bit back?

What's worse, throwing a glass bottle at someone or tying a scarf to a goal post? 

Lennon's gesture wouldn't even be spoken about if Sevco had won the match.

I think you're wrong in your last sentence. There seems to be a real trend towards over sensitive, greetin faced childishness among football fans these days. 

It's utterly pathetic when you think of the abuse that rolls down from the stands but there's a feeling that after paying to get in that it's allowed. Some of the stuff from the fans is frankly disgraceful and disgusting and is far more worthy of police investigation. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Guest MorayCupMan

This has turned into an absolute joke with players/mangers getting fined or suspended for celebrating. The likes of Neil Lennon has been getting abuse for years and I like the fact he gives some back to the fans...all in good jest

As for the likes of Griffiths getting into trouble for tying a scarf to a goal post and people getting all hissy about it..total joke.

If anything it puts me off going to the football.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think you're wrong in your last sentence. There seems to be a real trend towards over sensitive, greetin faced childishness among football fans these days. 

It's utterly pathetic when you think of the abuse that rolls down from the stands but there's a feeling that after paying to get in that it's allowed. Some of the stuff from the fans is frankly disgraceful and disgusting and is far more worthy of police investigation. 

a section of rangers fans have certainly become a lot more sensitive and greetin faced over the last 5 years, long gone are the days of "no one likes us we don't care". This band of rangers fans are the new vicTIMS.

1 hour ago, MorayCupMan said:

This has turned into an absolute joke with players/mangers getting fined or suspended for celebrating. The likes of Neil Lennon has been getting abuse for years and I like the fact he gives some back to the fans...all in good jest

As for the likes of Griffiths getting into trouble for tying a scarf to a goal post and people getting all hissy about it..total joke.

If anything it puts me off going to the football.

I don't think Neil Lennon should be punished at all, he cupped his ears, so fecking what. He takes horrendous levels of abuse from fans, particularly rangers fans so nobody should be surprised he gives something back.

Guest BlueGaz
36 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

First home match of the season and Neil Lennon destroys the people's hopes for another season instead of blaming their manager they look to blame elsewhere, give it another couple of weeks and they will finally start looking at we are the people pedro

It already has started, and has been for a wee while.  Hopes for another season are not destroyed though, I think many have underestimated Hibs this year.  

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

a section of rangers fans have certainly become a lot more sensitive and greetin faced over the last 5 years, long gone are the days of "no one likes us we don't care". This band of rangers fans are the new vicTIMS.

Spot on.  

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I mentioned this to Shed yesterday.  All the shite coming from Rangers, fans of at least 2 clubs I have seen fighting between themselves, fan slashes another fan right across the puss in hospitality, Celtic political wing falling out with the club and boycotting games, seen 3 clubs chucking shite at the corner taker, the shite surrounding Griffiths a wee while ago.  Its only the 15th of August.  Its gone mad.  

Edited by BlueGaz

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

First home match of the season and Neil Lennon destroys the people's hopes for another season instead of blaming their manager they look to blame elsewhere, give it another couple of weeks and they will finally start looking at we are the people pedro

If Hearts win there on Saturday then salt n sauce will be joining green pepperami on the boycott list 

33 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I mentioned this to Shed yesterday.  All the shite coming from Rangers, fans of at least 2 clubs I have seen fighting between themselves, fan slashes another fan right across the puss in hospitality, Celtic political wing falling out with the club and boycotting games, seen 3 clubs chucking shite at the corner taker, the shite surrounding Griffiths a wee while ago.  Its only the 15th of August.  Its gone mad.  

Nobody was boycotting games.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Did I not read something that said the GB didn't turn up for Killie game which was after the ban was lifted?  Maybe not an official "boycott" as such mind you.

Ok, not a boycott, a huff.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Not a huff either. You've been given wrong information, clearly.

So, I read that they were not going back to games until the club were prepared to enter into meaningful discussions with them regarding what they can and can't do, or something along those lines.  If it is not a huff or a boycott, what is it?  We can go with that.

Edited by BlueGaz

8 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Did I not read something that said the GB didn't turn up for Killie game which was after the ban was lifted?  Maybe not an official "boycott" as such mind you.

The group are still banned. There was no boycott, official or otherwise.

They banned 900 of us for two games, and allowed 750 back in from the Kilmarnock game. Perhaps people are confusing that the GB boycotting, but they're not, I can assure you.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

So, I read that they were not going back to games until the club were prepared to enter into meaningful discussions with them regarding what they can and can't do, or something along those lines.  If it is not a huff or a boycott, what is it?  We can go with that.

Where did you read that, follow follow or Rangers media? 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Where did you read that, follow follow or Rangers media? 

Neither.  Enlighten me then, are 150 of them still banned?  Whats the craic?

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Neither.  Enlighten me then, are 150 of them still banned?  Whats the craic?

That pretty much is the craic.

They banned 900 of us (the bottom half of the standing section) and let about 750 back in.

They have still banned the Green Brigade and even some folk who aren't members but have their "seats" closest to them that they have assumed wrongly to be. We had hoped it would all be sorted out for the game tomorrow night given how important it is for the team, but it's looking unlikely.

Few folk's perfect away records have been affected because of it too which means the knock on effect is they'll miss out on some of the more popular games like Pittodrie and Tynecastle. It's one big unnecessary mess from both sides.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

They banned 900 of us (the bottom half of the standing section) and let about 750 back in.

They have still banned the Green Brigade and even some folk who aren't members but have their "seats" closest to them that they have assumed wrongly to be. We had hoped it would all be sorted out for the game tomorrow night given how important it is for the team, but it's looking unlikely.

Few folk's perfect away records have been affected because of it too which means the knock on effect is they'll miss out on some of the more popular games like Pittodrie and Tynecastle. It's one big unnecessary mess from both sides.

Is it the GB complaining about the police, the club about the displays, the fines, or a mixture?

49 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

One of the lads I went to school with in the GB and has been since the group were formed and that's exactly what he's told me. He's one of the ones with a perfect away records.

They are 100% still banned and were for the Killie game. Seemingly Celtic not happy with the CSA as they showed the Rosenburg home game on Cetlic TV to pub full of banned GB!