This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Guest BlueGaz
14 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

yeh, not so funny for the supporters of other clubs unfortunately...

Come to Ibrox and play well, instead of sitting 10 behind the ball as many teams do and most used to, and you have a good chance of winning.

Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs as recent examples.  Humped us at Ibrox, didn't need to rely on the refs.

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Self inflicted unfortunately.  The fantasy that OF teams get a huge amount more decisions at home than they should get, would be better discussed in the Game Of Thrones thread than in here.  It is total paranoia.  The hard fact is that the OF have been streets ahead of the rest of Scotland for the majority of our footballing history, its as simple as that.  

ok we'll just agree to disagree on that one. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Parklife said:

I watched the full game, with the benefit of replays :ok: 

Excellent, and if you are one of the 'common consensus' that Shed refers to, then you are wrong.  :ok:

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Come to Ibrox and play well, instead of sitting 10 behind the ball as many teams do and most used to, and you have a good chance of winning.

Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs as recent examples.  Humped us at Ibrox, didn't need to rely on the refs.

ha, well i'm not having that Gaz. I have watched your team rely on the Ref to beat us in Cup Finals I am afraid.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, ShedTA said:

ha, well i'm not having that Gaz. I have watched your team rely on the Ref to beat us in Cup Finals I am afraid.

I am not saying that incidents haven't happened in the past where a refs decision has swung a game, but I won't accept it is constantly for us.  Because its not true.

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Want to elaborate on that?

There was 3 or 4, but the 2 I can remember off the top of my head, 1) we would be lucky to get 1 point against you from the possible 6 remaining, then we beat you.  And the same game, Aberdeen to hump us, but my bet came in on 0-3?  A def third was nothing to with Rangers.

Edited by BlueGaz

13 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

There was 3 or 4, but the 2 I can remember off the top of my head, 1) we would be lucky to get 1 point against you from the possible 6 remaining, then we beat you.  And the same game, Aberdeen to hump us, but my bet came in on 0-3?  A def third was nothing to with Rangers.

So your "betting against my predictions" was Aberdeen losing one game vs Rangers? :lol: Cool.

I'll freely admit i got that wrong  :ok: 

8 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

So you think there was only one bad decision in the game?

No, there were a few. The one bad decision that Rangers can have a grievance over is Stokes not being red carded. IMO Jack was rightly sent off, although obviously the appeals panel feel that sticking your head in to someone and moving it forward is not a red card. Hopefully that ruling is applied consistently going forward. Otherwise folk might just assume that it was done due to the very public whinging from Rangers and their media cronies...  

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So your "betting against my predictions" was Aberdeen losing one game vs Rangers? :lol: Cool.

I'll freely admit i got that wrong  :ok: 

Not at all, read the whole post and not just the part you want to read. :ok:

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Not at all, read the whole post and not just the part you want to read. :ok:

Yeah, other stuff that you can't remember. I'm sure you'll excuse me for not taking that seriously... 

Anyway, i've never claimed to predict football results correctly all the time, so your bizarre line of attack seems a bit bizarre. 

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

IMO Jack was rightly sent off, although obviously the appeals panel feel that sticking your head in to someone and moving it forward is not a red card.  

Its not.  Two players put their foreheads against each other and gob off is not a red card.  They would have to move their heads forward, or they would look really silly trying to do it.  

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, other stuff that you can't remember. I'm sure you'll excuse me for not taking that seriously... 

Anyway, i've never claimed to predict football results correctly all the time, so your bizarre line of attack seems a bit bizarre. 

:lol::lol: "line of attack".

Just chewing the fat, don't be so precious.

12 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Its not.  

I look forward to this being consistently applied :ok: 

11 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol::lol: "line of attack".

Just chewing the fat, don't be so precious.

Says the guy who told the teacher on me for calling him a moron :lol: 

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I look forward to this being consistently applied :ok: 

Says the guy who told the teacher on me for calling him a moron :lol: 

Me too. But wouldn't hold my breath.

You still going on about that :lol:, mind you, its been a few weeks since you last mentioned it.  As stupid as it was, didn't realise it hurt you so much.  :(

25 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Its not.  Two players put their foreheads against each other and gob off is not a red card.  They would have to move their heads forward, or they would look really silly trying to do it.  

So when Charlie Mulgrew didn't move his head forward to Kyle Lafferty it was still a red card???

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

Self inflicted unfortunately.  The fantasy that OF teams get a huge amount more decisions at home than they should get, would be better discussed in the Game Of Thrones thread than in here.  It is total paranoia.  The hard fact is that the OF have been streets ahead of the rest of Scotland for the majority of our footballing history, its as simple as that.  

a former ref openly admitted to being intimidated more at ibrox and park head, they wouldn't be human if they didn't fell intimidated at either ground considering the size of the fan base and the repercussions of making a mistake which goes against them, that ref as willie young.  

You get the media backlash if refs dare to get it wrong against either side, The celtic witch hunt which had a hand in ref strikes is a prime example of this. The media frenzy which followed was insane, Willie Collum was threatened after he gave rangers a penalty for which celtic complained. Now we see shareholding supporters clubs sending out bizarre statements which comes with another media frenzy because a rangers player was sent off and a hibs player wasn't. 

Feck being a ref being under such scrutiny for the sake of a game or even worse being threatened by some half wit whos life revolves around his football team

You would have to be very ignorant or naive to think refs are not more intimidated by Rangers and Celtic. Thats not paranoia, thats a fact.

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

You still going on about that :lol:, mind you, its been a few weeks since you last mentioned it.  As stupid as it was, didn't realise it hurt you so much.  :(

You called me "precious". I'm simply demonstrating that you're like a boy in a greenhouse chucking stones with that one. :) 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Exglasgowasc said:

So when Charlie Mulgrew didn't move his head forward to Kyle Lafferty it was still a red card???

I don't know, if you show me it I will tell you what my opinion is, if you are really bothered :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You called me "precious". I'm simply demonstrating that you're like a boy in a greenhouse chucking stones with that one. :) 

Fair enough.  :ok:

14 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I don't know, if you show me it I will tell you what my opinion is, if you are really bothered :ok:

After that game I had a discussion with WeeBarry'sGotanMBE on here who had been at the game and maintained that the red card was justified on the basis of his view at the game.

I asked him to see the replay and then review his opinion.

He did, and to his credit revised his opinion to somewhere still a little bit north of 'Lafferty's a cheating '.

Guest BlueGaz
8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

After that game I had a discussion with WeeBarry'sGotanMBE on here who had been at the game and maintained that the red card was justified on the basis of his view at the game.

I asked him to see the replay and then review his opinion.

He did, and to his credit revised his opinion to somewhere still a little bit north of 'Lafferty's a cheating '.

I think he admitted cheating did he not?  In the end?