This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 45 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Never a penalty. Craig Thompson has surpassed himself today. Unfortunately, Motherwell had no chance today as a result of him being given the game. 

Couldn't help notice that Lustig made a remarkable recovery and started today despite limping off (running scared) earlier in the week. 

Fvck sake. Is it no Celtic fans that are supposed to be para?  Stay off the coke son that's my advice. 👍

Just now, slasher said:

Fvck sake. Is it no Celtic fans that are supposed to be para?  Stay off the coke son that's my advice. 👍

I don't drink coke - fattening. How about you just revel in another hollow victory and let us adults chat about the difficult stuff?! 👍

Anyway aside from Mr. Uncool's intervention I thought Motherwell gave it a right good go today. Kudos 👍

Great save from Gordon to keep it 1-0, then a rather unsatisfactory series of events killed the game. I haven't seen it yet but there was no need for any card at all never mind red!

Just now, slasher said:

Anyway aside from Mr. Uncool's intervention I thought Motherwell gave it a right good go today. Kudos 👍

Great save from Gordon to keep it 1-0, then a rather unsatisfactory series of events killed the game. I haven't seen it yet but there was no need for any card at all never mind red!

Gold. Absolute gold. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

The offside decision was laughable too

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Read the rules Parkie. Kipre attempted to pull him back, and paid the consequences for it.

And I am no fan of Craig Thomson.

I’m very familiar with the rules. So farmiliar that I even referee games 😂

35 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Thompson and a penalty again in a Cup Final. 

And again, a decisive goal that effectively ends the final as a competition.

How does this clown still keep getting gigs?

Another trophy that means feck all to Celtic.

J

Sorry, but you're quite wrong about that. Certainly amongst our group every Cup and title is cherished as fans who realise this won't last forever 😁

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I’m very familiar with the rules. So farmiliar that I even referee games 😂

Therefore you will know that attempting to impede a player's progress by pulling him back is illegal, and a foul.

And if the offence is committed against the attacking player in the penalty area, a penalty is awarded.

And that's what happened this afternoon.

17 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Therefore you will know that attempting to impede a player's progress by pulling him back is illegal, and a foul.

And if the offence is committed against the attacking player in the penalty area, a penalty is awarded.

It’s really not. He barely touched him. 

I don't think it was a penalty, the defender has been caught out out, attempted to pull him back and most certainly made minimal contact but not enough to merit a penalty and most certainly not enough to merit a red card. The main issue this raises in a wider context is the fact that Motherwell get a guy sent off and concede a goal, so are punished twice for one foul which is ridiculous, something needs to be introduced to prevent this from happening going forward because 9 times outta 10 it kills a game.

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

There wasn't nearly enough contact, if any, to warrant the reaction. 

26 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

In Barney's defence, in strictly technical terms that would be a penalty. I have to say, if I'd been refereeing  (and I have) I wouldn't have given it. 👎

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

There wasn't nearly enough contact, if any, to warrant the reaction. 

We'll have to disagree - Kipre attempted to impede Sinclair, so that's a foul to start off with. Or are you disputing that too?

Did Sinclair embellish it? I've only seen the incident in real time and the BT replays, but on the basis of the opinions on here he has made the most of it. Fair enough.

Red card - never in a million years. Yet another addition to Craig Thomson's greatest tits.

Kipre keeps his hands down, we ain't having this discussion.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

We'll have to disagree - Kipre attempted to impede Sinclair, so that's a foul to start off with. Or are you disputing that too?

Did Sinclair embellish it? I've only seen the incident in real time and the BT replays, but on the basis of the opinions on here he has made the most of it. Fair enough.

Red card - never in a million years. Yet another addition to Craig Thomson's greatest tits.

Kipre keeps his hands down, we ain't having this discussion.

I don't actually disagree with what you're saying in terms of rule application. 

I think Sinclair ran across Kipre who put his hand out to stop him/impede him as you say. I think that's a fairly natural reaction and it happens all over the pitch (no defence). However, I didn't think it was enough to impede Sinclair in any way or cause him to fall to the ground in the manner he did. I think Thompson's interpretation of the rule was extremely harsh. Would liken it to getting a speeding ticket for driving at 70.1 mph in a 70mph zone.