This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

35 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Nah. We've got Chris Erskine and Kris Doolan.

I'll give you the third one - that was horrific defending.

But then I have to look at the four that we lost.................

No idea what Bannigan was thinking for the pen...

35 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

On 8/22/2017 at 7:35 AM, vanderark14 said:

34 minutes ago, Ormond said:

12 minutes from ending Celtic's unbeaten run on their patch. How good is Tommy Wright? Working with hee-haw and mixing it with the best. 

According to Liam McLeod on the radio that would have came close to topping winning the Scottish Cup...

11 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

According to Liam McLeod on the radio that would have came close to topping winning the Scottish Cup...

I can't believe Wright is still at us. A club our size is damn lucky to still be hanging onto him.

46 minutes ago, Ormond said:

12 minutes from ending Celtic's unbeaten run on their patch. How good is Tommy Wright? Working with hee-haw and mixing it with the best. 

Its beyond me why the Huns went for crazy Pedro but ignored Tommy and McInnes. Brilliant stuff tho ?

Genuinely interested in the opinions of any Arabs fans who made the trip to Paisley today. What did you think of Lewis Morgan? 

I can barely recall a time he DIDN'T beat his man this afternoon. He's roasted any number of full backs in his short career so far but that was just outstanding. 2 great goals and a quality assist.  

Sadly he's out of contract next summer so we may lose him either next week or in January (which might scupper our promotion dream) but I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can.

A good move to the right team and international football beckons sooner rather than later.

22 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

https://streamable.com/4ahy8

A strange thing to only be yellow carded for.

Hard to see if there's an actual punch, but it does look like a pretty solid red card from that angle.

Motherwell had 2 good goals disallowed for offside/not crossing line and a stonewall penalty turned down according to my correspondent.

:lol:

On 20/08/2017 at 11:09 AM, DoonTheSlope said:

Thought St J were good for 55 mins today, keeper was excellent as was McLean and champion soup taker O'Halloran. He in particular is a cut above  the rest of the St J team. Celtic were pedestrian at times but a point was a good point against one of the better teams. Special shout out to all those fans that as soon as we went 1 nil down at home for the first time in ages started to lose their shit, heard 'get it in the mixer' at least twice and 'get it forward' about 10 times, short memorys galore.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Hard to see if there's an actual punch, but it does look like a pretty solid red card from that angle.

That was my first reaction, he starts to swings his arm and the celtic lad is already heading to the ground, but the intent was there.

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

He absolutely would have if we paid him enough. 

It's a wasted argument. Sheepworriers will always say McInnes wouldn't touch the job, the reality is he's one of their own ?

It's their loss in the end as Tommy and the perma tanned zombie McInnes are both better managers than crazy Pedro ?

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Motherwell had 2 good goals disallowed for offside/not crossing line and a stonewall penalty turned down according to my correspondent.

:lol:

It is hard to see, but the subdued reaction from the Celtic players (as opposed to Sellick TV) does make me wonder if a punch or forearm smash really happened.

I was at Fir Park today and I think your correspondent might be less than entirely impartial. Motherwell well worth the win though against a Hearts team that created very little.

6 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

It is hard to see, but the subdued reaction from the Celtic players (as opposed to Sellick TV) does make me wonder if a punch or forearm smash really happened.

I was at Fir Park today and I think your correspondent might be less than entirely impartial. Motherwell well worth the win though against a Hearts team that created very little.

I wonder if it is his same correspondent who ha a problem with the Carl McHugh red card a few weeks back...