Why Do We Have So Many Self Loathing Twats ?? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Do We Have So Many Self Loathing Twats ??

glasgow jock

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

Mental how non rangers fans can come on here and say they heard this drivel at Ibrox. I've never heard anything of the sort this season. A few plums online, that's about it. I know Celtic fans who are just as anti Scotland.

Don't let that get in the way of a rangers bashing tho!

21 of us on Saturday, 8 rangers fans, four season ticket holders.

There is a portion of dons fans who don't support Scotland and also take delight in Scotland losing, every club has its idiots, that we can agree on. however you and bluenumpty are totally wrong Regarding rangers fans and their anti Scotland/SFA/Tartan Army songs.  It happens at almost every match they play on tv, it's very clear.

12 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Drunk people coming in late unaware that it's taking place is one possibility. I said the same before the SCF.

It wouldn't be deliberately disrupted but there's always the chance there won't be perfect silence, which is why I don't like these. Especially when this will be the second or third silence many of us will be asked to observe for the same tragedy.

And the Bradley Lowery stuff going about social media (clapping in the 6th minute) is way over the top IMO. God bless the little fella but these things don't sit right with me at all. Smacks of ambulance chasing from attention seekers who care more about making themselves look good than caring about the little boy.

I was called all sorts on fb when I disagreed with the thing for the young lad. 

Wasn't even a real fan at one point and completely disrespectful to his parents. 

Imagine the uproar if midway through the applause,something controversial happens and everyone starts booing,the media would go into overdrive,I can just see it, "Tartan Army boo dying England fan". 

I'm not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist about this.  Who care what (a small minority) of rangers fans sing or write on forums... let's not single out any club side... we all have our morons.  Politics and religion are irrelevant to football.

25 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I'm not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist about this.  Who care what (a small minority) of rangers fans sing or write on forums... let's not single out any club side... we all have our morons.  Politics and religion are irrelevant to football.

They're not irrelevant to those that we're laughing at on there. 

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I was called all sorts on fb when I disagreed with the thing for the young lad. 

Wasn't even a real fan at one point and completely disrespectful to his parents. 

Imagine the uproar if midway through the applause,something controversial happens and everyone starts booing,the media would go into overdrive,I can just see it, "Tartan Army boo dying England fan". 

Exactly. I've been to games were people have started applauding and everyone is turning round asking who or what we're actually clapping for. It's ridiculous now but that's the influence social media has now.

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Are you suggesting that you might find a thread like that on any other team's messageboard?

4 minutes ago, Marky said:

Are you suggesting that you might find a thread like that on any other team's messageboard?

Maybe not as extreme, but certainly to the extent that they do not care how Scotland do and consider our national team a laughing stock.  I have seen that on the Celtic and hearts forums.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Maybe not as extreme, but certainly to the extent that they do not care how Scotland do and consider our national team a laughing stock.  I have seen that on the Celtic and hearts forums.

What I have seen on other boards, including my team's, are threads started to wish Scotland luck where you might get the odd walloper like you describe, but for the most part are full of Scotland supporters. 

That thread is more than the opposite of that.

it must be hard to take for guys like you, RB, Blue Gaz etc who by your very presence here are clearly Scotland fans. I refuse to accept though that you are the norm within the Rangers support.

6 minutes ago, Marky said:

What I have seen on other boards, including my team's, are threads started to wish Scotland luck where you might get the odd walloper like you describe, but for the most part are full of Scotland supporters. 

it must be hard to take for guys like you, RB, Blue Gaz etc who by your very presence here are clearly Scotland fans. I refuse to accept though that you are the norm within the Rangers support.

Im not a rangers fan ?

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

There was people on this forum, the Tartan Army message board, saying similar before the Slovenia game.

I've seen the usual comments on other boards, Scotland are shite, international fitba is boring, wouldn't watch if you paid me etc but the huns boards are the only ones I've seen with sectarian hatred towards the team. That's not you, or any other hun on here's fault though, obviously.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why would it be hard for me to take? 

There's a shed load of different factions in every support. It's not like everyone has to agree. 

It's the folk who think that Rangers are the only team with wallopers in their support that are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

The fact that there's different levels of enthusiasm for this game amongst Scotland Supporters shows how a support is always split across a multitude of ways. 

Too many folk think a support is a Hive mind type entity. That's just nonsense. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

There's a shed load of different factions in every support. It's not like everyone has to agree. 

It's the folk who think that Rangers are the only team with wallopers in their support that are living in cloud cuckoo land. 

The fact that there's different levels of enthusiasm for this game amongst Scotland Supporters shows how a support is always split across a multitude of ways. 

Agree with this... it has always been so too.  I started watching Scotland in the seventies and at that time it was the anglos that was the source of division in the fans.  Some fans would round on the likes of dalglish believing he brought his B game to Scotland.  

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Agree with this... it has always been so too.  I started watching Scotland in the seventies and at that time it was the anglos that was the source of division in the fans.  Some fans would round on the likes of dalglish believing he brought his B game to Scotland.  

I'm sure Rangers fans singing the billy boys and booing Celtic players didn't help either...

9 minutes ago, Butthead said:

It's no just rangers supporters that have that attitude tbh.

I'm a united supporter and loads of boys on the United forum hate Scotland and seem to take a lot of pleasure in shite results. 

Bizarre attitude imo.

I can understand if people aren't bothered about international football and don't really care if Scotland win or not, but to actively want us to lose is strange behaviour. 

I do wonder how many of these people had the same attitude before we played Italy in 2007, I know loads of folk who've never shown an interest that were heading to Glasgow to watch it or walking about work the day before in Scotland gear.

22 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I'm a united supporter and loads of boys on the United forum hate Scotland and seem to take a lot of pleasure in shite results. 

Bizarre attitude imo.

Many on the dons forums are the same, some used to follow Scotland but stopped. I'd be willing to bet a lot of it is just bravado in the forums, including rangers media. If Scotland started qualifying again or did a Wales and actually ventured far into a tournament they'd be cheering Scotland on again.

11 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Politics and religion are irrelevant to football.

Politics is irrelevant to INTERNATIONAL football? Where teams represent their NATION, and play under their FLAG and sing the NATIONAL ANTHEM? 

Yeah. Not political at all :lol: 

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

Bizarre attitude imo.

Not something I've noticed in the Motherwell support.

Some people are very much Club 1st, some don't bother at all, but not aware of a significant number who actively dislike the Scottish national team. That does seem a bit backwards.

18 of us going, 12 Well fans , 4 buns and two timmies, all passionate about our country. Do have some bellends at work  who wholeheartedly agree with that shite on Rangurz media. but as most folk say every club has it's morons. The old firm fans stiick out more because in their rabid desire to feel more of a proddy/tim  they think supporting England /ROI  will make them more British/ Irish, where in fact ditching your own country just makes you look like a right knob in most people's eyes

Edited by ankles

As Reevsy said I get not having an interest but actively wanting Scotland to fail because you dont' like the mananagement team or having a backbone of celtic players in the team or whatever totally foreign to me.

You also get a proportion who would be quite happy if England win and a player from their "English" team scores.

It just makes me glad I'll be heading down Saturday with like minded scotland fans.

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Thank you for (probably deliberately) taking my post completely out of context. I love the way you pass that thread off as "different levels of enthusiasm" :lol:

Also, if as a Rangers fan you're not embarrassed by that thread then that is of course your prerogative. I can only confirm that if it was on a St. Mirren board I would be. Each to their own. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd be willing to bet a lot of it is just bravado in the forums, including rangers media. If Scotland started qualifying again or did a Wales and actually ventured far into a tournament they'd be cheering Scotland on again.

I think this is relevant. Its easy to have a general indifference or even dislike of Scotland when the team isn't doing well but, as per Italy game in 2007, if we show any potential for qualifying or, god please, actually progressing in a tournament then they would change their views very quickly. Its hard to be a Bah Humbug when the majority of the nation are worked up for a game or tournament. 

There will obviously be some of the Rangers who this wouldn't apply to however but thats just them, leave them to it, they don't concern me.