Why Do We Have So Many Self Loathing Twats ?? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Do We Have So Many Self Loathing Twats ??

glasgow jock

3 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I think this is relevant. Its easy to have a general indifference or even dislike of Scotland when the team isn't doing well but, as per Italy game in 2007, if we show any potential for qualifying or, god please, actually progressing in a tournament then they would change their views very quickly. Its hard to be a Bah Humbug when the majority of the nation are worked up for a game or tournament. 

There will obviously be some of the Rangers who this wouldn't apply to however but thats just them, leave them to it, they don't concern me.

again, I don't think this is just rangers fans. I know a couple of aberdeen fans who refuse to support Scotland because its all about the OF. Every club will have a few ignorant fools. I agree with the rest of your post

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

again, I don't think this is just rangers fans. I know a couple of aberdeen fans who refuse to support Scotland because its all about the OF. Every club will have a few ignorant fools. I agree with the rest of your post

Yep, agreed, first sentence was referring to Scottish football fans in general. Have a mate who is a Hibs fan who has no interest in Scotland who was asking me his chances of tickets if we qualified for Euro 2016.

1 hour ago, Marky said:

Thank you for (probably deliberately) taking my post completely out of context. I love the way you pass that thread off as "different levels of enthusiasm" :lol:

Also, if as a Rangers fan you're not embarrassed by that thread then that is of course your prerogative. I can only confirm that if it was on a St. Mirren board I would be. Each to their own. 

I haven't deliberately taken your post out of context. If I did so it was unintentional. Maybe you should learn to read properly though? I did not pass the Rangers Media thread off as different levels of enthusiasm. I was talking about these boards and the posters comments about the England game. 

I fail to understand why I should be embarrassed by people I don't know, don't like and completely disagree with just because they support the same team as me. They don't represent the club in any way. In fact they have as much in common with you as they do with me. Are you embarrassed by them? 

I know enough Saint Mirren fans to know that they have a very healthy percentage of walloper in their support but they aren't religious Bigots or Scotland haters so you'll be OK with them will you? Or is it just a pick and choose type of thing? 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I haven't deliberately taken your post out of context. If I did so it was unintentional. Maybe you should learn to read properly though? I did not pass the Rangers Media thread off as different levels of enthusiasm. I was talking about these boards and the posters comments about the England game. 

I fail to understand why I should be embarrassed by people I don't know, don't like and completely disagree with just because they support the same team as me. They don't represent the club in any way. In fact they have as much in common with you as they do with me. Are you embarrassed by them? 

I know enough Saint Mirren fans to know that they have a very healthy percentage of walloper in their support but they aren't religious Bigots or Scotland haters so you'll be OK with them will you? Or is it just a pick and choose type of thing? 

No, the point I was making was that you conveniently ignored the fact that I had already acknowledged the every support has its wallopers. 

You seem to be somehow suggesting that Rangers just simply have their pro rata share of wallopers. That is what I disagree with. On the contrary I believe the Rangers support to have considerably higher walloper quotient than any other team in the country. By some distance. 

You seem to be slighted by the fact that I acknowledged you were not one of them.

Anyway I don't intend to argue the point with someone who I regard as one of the good guys.

3 hours ago, Marky said:

No, the point I was making was that you conveniently ignored the fact that I had already acknowledged the every support has its wallopers. 

You seem to be somehow suggesting that Rangers just simply have their pro rata share of wallopers. That is what I disagree with. On the contrary I believe the Rangers support to have considerably higher walloper quotient than any other team in the country. By some distance. 

You seem to be slighted by the fact that I acknowledged you were not one of them.

Anyway I don't intend to argue the point with someone who I regard as one of the good guys.

Again I'm worried about your ability to read. 

I have, at no point, claimed that Rangers have a normal walloper quotient. You made that up. I have no idea of the comparative Walloper Quotient of each club and really don't care. 

I'm not slighted by any of your opinions, I'm disagreeing with you. 

You haven't answered any of the questions I asked in my last post, you've just invented some stuff instead. 

From this I'll assume you have no answers and prefer to rely on your own imagination. Have fun. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Again I'm worried about your ability to read. 

I have, at no point, claimed that Rangers have a normal walloper quotient. You made that up. I have no idea of the comparative Walloper Quotient of each club and really don't care. 

I'm not slighted by any of your opinions, I'm disagreeing with you. 

You haven't answered any of the questions I asked in my last post, you've just invented some stuff instead. 

From this I'll assume you have no answers and prefer to rely on your own imagination. Have fun. 

Ok. Looking at your points, I accept that these people don't represent you. Absolutely!

However, it's a bit of a leap to suggest that they don't represent Rangers. All supporters are absolutely representatives of their club.

Don't really understand the relevance of their being wallopers in the St. Mirren support. As I said before, I had already acknowledged that their are such people in every support.

The difference is I'm not aware of any other set of fans being noted for specific nonsense such as an anti Scotland agenda peppered with religious bigotry. What are St. Mirrren wallopers or Kilmarnock wallopers reputed for? Whether you like it or not, Rangers fans have that reputation. That is an actual fact (a word I don't often use on this forum). Are you saying that reputation is undeserved?

Have I addressed your points to your satisfaction? 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Marky said:

The difference is I'm not aware of any other set of fans being noted for specific nonsense such as an anti Scotland agenda

Didn't want to get back involved in this, and by no means sticking up for the aresholes the OP refers to, but, Tim supporters running buses to Glasgow to support ROI? Pretty specific and nonsense. 

Edited by BlueGaz

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Didn't want to get back involved in this, and by no means sticking up for the aresholes the OP refers to, but, Tim supporters running buses to Glasgow to support ROI? Pretty specific and nonsense. 

Sorry but are you not regularly whanking yourself into foamball over the use of the word hun on here? 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, thplinth said:

Sorry but are you not regularly whanking yourself into foamball over the use of the word hun on here? 

No. Never. Doesn't bother me one iota, and never has. Someone else perhaps?

Just now, BlueGaz said:

No. Never. Doesn't bother me one iota, and never has. Someone else perhaps?

Jeezo. Must be one of the other blues. So hard to keep you all distinguished you talk so much of the same pish. ;)

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, thplinth said:

Jeezo. Must be one of the other blues. So hard to keep you all distinguished you talk so much of the same pish. ;)

Jeezo, must be. :ok:

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

Not even nearly the same thing but carry on...

People chosing to support the national team that their parents/grandparents supported or people wanting Scotland to lose and our players to receive career threatening injuries because they see us as a "Taig 11"  :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

People chosing to support the national team that their parents/grandparents supported or people wanting Scotland to lose and our players to receive career threatening injuries because they see us as a "Taig 11"  :lol:

I knew half of them from here, not an Irish bone between them. Closest they ever get to Ireland is park head, a Guinness and a big green hat on paddys day. Scots through and through. 

Edited by BlueGaz

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I knew half of them from here, not an Irish bone between them. Closest they ever get to Ireland is park head, a Guinness and a big green hat on paddys day. Scots through and through. 

Well they're a bunch of sad bastards then but they don't sound like rampant bigots like the vermin on RM so I'll stand by my view that they are in no way comparable :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

Well they're a bunch of sad bastards then but they don't sound like rampant bigots like the vermin on RM so I'll stand by my view that they are in no way comparable :ok:

I appreciate you are unable to. :ok:

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

Unable to what?

Compare dickheads talking total crap on a forum to Scots actively organising buses to games because of the club they support. 

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Compare dickheads talking total crap on a forum to Scots actively organising buses to games because of the club they support. 

Yeah I'd say that most normal people wouldn't try and compare the two tbh.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, Reevesy said:

Yeah I'd say that most normal people wouldn't try and compare the two tbh.

Fair point. Both arseholes. 

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Politics is irrelevant to INTERNATIONAL football? Where teams represent their NATION, and play under their FLAG and sing the NATIONAL ANTHEM? 

Yeah. Not political at all :lol: 

I don't get your point.  Flags, anthems and all that