New jerseys? - Page 22 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

5 hours ago, ElChris04 said:

The template kits ( bar the shorts ) look absolutely shite tbh. 

Also it’s odd they would miss out Glasgow unless they think folk would have zero interest as it looks increasingly unlikely we'll qualify, well what adidas May think.

Reading between the lines it's a sly move from adidas, none of those cities/countries listed by Wanderer have an adidas kit sponsor already apart from of course adidas founded Munich/Germany. E.g Can imagine New Balance etc will be royally fked off, that Irish/Dublin adidas top will fly off the shelves across the water.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Few more leaks are starting to surface.

A number seem to be using the below template, so imagine that is what we are getting (looks somewhat reminiscent of the Rangers 1992-1994 kit, but without the shoulder panels).

sweden-euro-2020-home-kit-2.jpg

I'd take that happily. 

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Few more leaks are starting to surface.

A number seem to be using the below template, so imagine that is what we are getting (looks somewhat reminiscent of the Rangers 1992-1994 kit, but without the shoulder panels).

sweden-euro-2020-home-kit-2.jpg

With the three white stripes down either shoulder? That's the one that I want to see and I requested it to the guy who came asking for suggestions, etc.

I'd buy it in a second. As far as football tops go I love the Rangers 92-94 one (I'm trusting you with the years) Liverpool also had a similar top in the same era, only three white stripes down one shoulder.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

With the three white stripes down either shoulder? That's the one that I want to see and I requested it to the guy who came asking for suggestions, etc.

I'd buy it in a second. As far as football tops go I love the Rangers 92-94 one (I'm trusting you with the years) Liverpool also had a similar top in the same era, only three white stripes down one shoulder.

You see it more in Adidas Euro 2020 Dublin top.

Its effectively the same template as the Russia and Sweden top, but that more Euro 92/WC94 feel to it

ireland-inspired-adidas-euro-2020-dublin

52 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Its effectively the same template as the Russia and Sweden top, but that more Euro 92/WC94 feel to it

Ooft that is honkin 

Russia also getting the same kit, but a bit more bespoke (looks to be based on the 88-90 Soviet splashed paint kit), so safe to assume this is what we are getting also.

EHi1Wr_X4AAC6gl?format=jpg&name=900x900

Believe at least 1 kit from home and away will get that template unless your on the top bracket of deals with adidas (Germany etc) basically same set up as our current yellow away kit. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I might be alone, but I love that!

I would love to see the next Scotland like that one, but with three white stripes down each shoulder.

I do not think we will get that exact design, but lost likely the basic template jersey with the stripe pattern within the design.

38 minutes ago, JECK said:

Believe at least 1 kit from home and away will get that template unless your on the top bracket of deals with adidas (Germany etc) basically same set up as our current yellow away kit. 

Yep, if anything like current kits, most likely home kit will be that template which everyone else is getting for their home kits, with the away a bag standard off the peg effort from the choice available on the link I posted a few pages back (same way us, Wales, Northern Ireland and Belgium all effectively got the same template for our away kits).

18 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I do not think we will get that exact design, but lost likely the basic template jersey with the stripe pattern within the design.

I really hope the stripe pattern is on our new top.

It'll be something something different. Kinda like the 92/93 France top.

https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/img/shirts/294/france-home-football-shirt-1992-1993-s_5195_1.jpg

This is a pure shocker. It looks like something Jimmy Savile would wear on Paddy's Day. The shiny, vertical stripes are manky, and the shoulder pads are an absolute non-sequitur.

I hope the Scotland top is 1000% more classy than this monstrosity.  

12 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

This is a pure shocker. It looks like something Jimmy Savile would wear on Paddy's Day. The shiny, vertical stripes are manky, and the shoulder pads are an absolute non-sequitur.

I hope the Scotland top is 1000% more classy than this monstrosity.  

I doubt we will get anything like that, its nothing more than a marketing ploy by Adidas to have Adidas kits in the countries/cities that are holding Euro 2020 matches where the home nation do not wear Adidas kits (given how the Irish fans have to campaigning for years to get a sponsorless jersey, and how deeply unpopular the New Balance kits have been, this will fly off the shelves across Ireland).

Without actually seeing our kit, the Colombia away jersey is probably the best indication of what we are getting.

Imagine it will be the yellow bits are white on ours, as well as the neck line, and probably red will make up the trim colour on the sleeve.

Probably the only stand out difference is will we get the "splash" imprint or the Adidas vertical stripes like the three that go down the Dublin kit.

colombia-2020-copa-america-away-kit-2.jp

7 hours ago, McTeeko said:

The Colombia strip has that trim on the sleeve as that replicates their flag. No point in our strip having one broad and two thinner bands as it would signify fuck all. 

I suspect that is something put into the design which was easy enough to do for the Russia and Colombia kit, but imagine we will get something like the Sweden top... though I suspect red is more likely than just a random colour (as its kind of the 3rd colour of our kits, what with the socks... certainly give it a nice 96-98 kit vibe about it).

On 10/24/2019 at 8:21 AM, wanderer said:

I doubt we will get anything like that, its nothing more than a marketing ploy by Adidas to have Adidas kits in the countries/cities that are holding Euro 2020 matches where the home nation do not wear Adidas kits (given how the Irish fans have to campaigning for years to get a sponsorless jersey, and how deeply unpopular the New Balance kits have been, this will fly off the shelves across Ireland).

Without actually seeing our kit, the Colombia away jersey is probably the best indication of what we are getting.

Imagine it will be the yellow bits are white on ours, as well as the neck line, and probably red will make up the trim colour on the sleeve.

Probably the only stand out difference is will we get the "splash" imprint or the Adidas vertical stripes like the three that go down the Dublin kit.

colombia-2020-copa-america-away-kit-2.jp

Slap a Scotland badge on this, change the red trim to pink, and I would snap that up immediately!