Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were allowed one because the UK government were certain it would be No.

Catalunya won't be allowed one because the Spanish government are certain it will be Yes.

And sadly, they were right.

Apparently support for independence in Catalonia is currently polling at around 60%. When we started off we were getting about half that.

Yes. When the time called - we shat it

The YES campaign had Westminster sh!!ting it.

If a new rugby team lost to a very old and established rugby team 20-16 I can assure you that they wouldn't have a "we'll never beat them" attitude.

We came very close this time. We will have Independence the next time.

The saying "If at first you don't succeed, try try again" came out the victory at Bannockburn.

Our enemy would like nothing better than for us to be downhearted, and as I've already posted, I for one, will not be giving them any satisfaction on that front in any way shape or form.

Dig in, and get on with the next plan of attack.

Positive, positive, positive! :ok:

Next year's General Election will be crucial for momentum.

Soft Yes voters may not turn-out or perhaps vote as per usual for Westminster - which for my neck of the woods means Labour.

I'd love to see Labour getting a bloody nose.

Ian Davidson is my MP and he got 62.5% of the vote in 2010 on a 54.6% turnout.

Even though his constituency voted Yes it is hard to see him being defeated and this despite him being absolutely despicable.

If Labour do well and Yes parties fail to make substantial inroads at General Election then the Yes movement may have a very short half-life. We don't want that to happen so we all need to make a big effort.

Edited by tomtscotland

Next year's General Election will be crucial for momentum.

Soft Yes voters may not turn-out or perhaps vote as per usual for Westminster - which for my neck of the woods means Labour.

I'd love to see Labour getting a bloody nose.

Ian Davidson is my MP and he got 62.5% of the vote in 2010 on a 54.6% turnout.

Even though his constituency voted Yes it is hard to see him being defeated and this despite him being absolutely despicable.

If Labour do well and Yes parties fail to make substantial inroads at General Election then the Yes movement may have a very short half-life. We don't want that to happen so we all need to make a big effort.

The SNP don't normally do well at Westminster elections. I can see the same happening here. 2010 was a pretty poor vote for the SNP but look what happened in 2011!

I can see a repeat her, hopefully an imporoved vote for the Yes parties but then romp home in 2016.

What I am secretly hoping for is a Tory/Ukip coalition!

officially over 70,000 strong and still rising

Next milestone approximately 76,000 that will be a 200% increase since last Thursday. Then we are within touching distance of 80,000.

2000+ a day registering over the last few days now and this has stabilized since the crazy peaks of immediately post No.

I'll take that.

2000+ a day is prettu feckin awesome.

The SNP would have been budgeting for around 300 grand in membership contributions this year.

The extra members means that amount will be closer to, or over, a £million. If everyone was to renew next year then the SNP's war chest to fight the elections will be considerable....more than all the other parties put together by quite a distance.

The SNP would have been budgeting for around 300 grand in membership contributions this year.

The extra members means that amount will be closer to, or over, a £million. If everyone was to renew next year then the SNP's war chest to fight the elections will be considerable....more than all the other parties put together by quite a distance.

How much are the SNP going to have to pay on posting stuff to all those extra members? I hope their subs cover the bills!