Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

Did Aberdeen sell out their allocation for the League Cup Final? I don't think they did. I'm all in favour of 50/50 splits if you can sell out. Empty seats at a cup final is embarrassing and unnecessary.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Did Aberdeen sell out their allocation for the League Cup Final? I don't think they did. I'm all in favour of 50/50 splits if you can sell out. Empty seats at a cup final is embarrassing and unnecessary.

No they didn't.

I think that wasn't helped by the way they allocated their tickets to their fans though, which North east Loon mentioned earlier.

I still can't work out where the 700 comes from though.

If the segregation is the same as the semi final then surely Aberdeen would have to actually have an extra section of the traditional Celtic end to have more tickets, as the semi was a 50/50 split.

3 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I still can't work out where the 700 comes from though.

If the segregation is the same as the semi final then surely Aberdeen would have to actually have an extra section of the traditional Celtic end to have more tickets, as the semi was a 50/50 split.

I don't think anyone knows to be fair. Something has obviously changed,or this would've been brought to attention a long time ago. 

Guest BlueGaz

Surprised it has happened and wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being the club keeping more than they did at the semi, by 700. The last paragraph on the statement Reevesy put up is a bit strange.

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Statement issued by SFA. Celtic FC are fannies. 

Ridiculous that they say Celtic have their "preferred" end. 

Should take what they're given on each occasion and accept it. 

Just now, dandydunn said:

Exactly. But the SFA statement insinuates that Celtic have basically said they won't go in the opposite stand. Celtic have then whinged about getting less tickets ? 

Absolute fannies. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They did take what they were given. You can't expect the famous NOT to have the Aberdeen end?

5 hours ago, slasher said:

It happens.

We could have sold more than the 43,000 we did in 2014 (but weren't allowed to due to segregation).

I thought it would just be that Hampden wasn't perfectly symmetrical that caused the discrepancy.

IIRC they re-used some of the existing Celtic end, and just stuck a roof and seats on it.

It is ironic that getting "the Celtic end" has cost them in terms of tickets.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

It happens.

We could have sold more than the 43,000 we did in 2014 (but weren't allowed to due to segregation).

Exactly. It's not that difficult. If you can hold back up to 12,000 tix for sponsors and don't let Police Scotland rule the roost it's not that difficult to get it right. There should only be empty seats where supply exceeds demand.

19,874 initially with another 1,344 if required,giving 21,218 potentially. 

Cant see an issue with them not selling out with the 2 per account on offer,season tickets could be enough see to that if everyone purchased 2 each. 

Edited by dandydunn