Scottish Cup Weekend - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Weekend

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nice try. You were referring to the club the last time I saw you use the word Hun. 

Try again? ? 

If it walks like a Hun, talks like a Hun, smells like a Hun.... Then I'm afraid it's a Hun. :)

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

If it walks like a Hun, talks like a Hun, smells like a Hun.... Then I'm afraid it's a Hun. :)

So you're saying it's the same club then. 

Thanks for clarifying. ? 

Haud oan... Garner's challenge was on Imre?    

Never a card.     I owe Garner a pint and take back whatever I said.  

Imre is more despicable than any Rangers player (apart from that Australian #####). 

Edited by OLAS

4 hours ago, Rossy said:

All of their luck you mean.

Aberdeen played far better on Tuesday than Rangers did today. Go figure.

Maybe we just needed a different referee.

Correct!   

Getting nervous here.  I'm agreeing with Rossy & Parklife and they're agreeing with me.  is this an Aberdeen/Thistle love-in?    Or are we both shiting ourselves for tomorrow? :lol:   

I'll be here to take it / give it!     Hopefully the latter. 

I think we just have an enemy in common.   Newest SPFL upstarts.  Pfft. 

7 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Haud oan... Garner's challenge was on Imre?    

Never a card.     I owe Garner a pint and take back whatever I said.  

Imre is more despicable than any Rangers player (apart from that Australian #####). 

Aye I was in fecking great order when I found out it was Imrie he put up in the air. 

5 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

It looked like he went to blooter the ball out but it got nudged away so he inadvertently followed through on Imrie's arse instead.

Nudged?  I'm guessing you're in the club deck and can hardly see the pitch.  No one was close to him for a nudge.

Never hit Imre hard enough IMHO.  

17 minutes ago, GRBear said:

Aye I was in fecking great order when I found out it was Imrie he put up in the air. 

Now I understand why he was laughing.  I apologise to @Fairbairn about the comment about the idiot who "celebrated".   I would have been that person if I knew it was Imre.

Many Thistle fans have utter hatred of that wee rat.  He's a filthy, filthy animal.  I think I'd rather punch slap Imre than Neil Lennon.  

Edited by OLAS

6 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

If they go through;

hibs v rangers

celtic v Aberdeen 

shoe in

Aberdeen?   Turn the channel from Eire TV to Scottish telly...   Thistle are on fire.   6/1 is free money... to someone.  Probably the bookies. 

24 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Aberdeen?   Turn the channel from Eire TV to Scottish telly...   Thistle are on fire.   6/1 is free money... to someone.  Probably the bookies. 

Whoever wins between Dons - Thistle will be 4th favourite to win the cup.

Matters not. I'll eat ma c0ck if anyone other that Celtic picks up the trophy.

31 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Now I understand why he was laughing.  I apologise to @Fairbairn about the comment about the idiot who "celebrated".   I would have been that person if I knew it was Imre.

Many Thistle fans have utter hatred of that wee rat.  He's a filthy, filthy animal.  I think I'd rather punch slap Imre than Neil Lennon.  

OLAS, you know fine well my leanings. 

I'd be the first in a very long queue to do physical harm to Dougie Imrie.

But nothing on earth can justify Garner being absolved of that assault this afternoon.

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Debian said:

Never a red for Garner. Surprised it was even a booking. 

Yellow card was right.  If it had been a red I wouldn't have complained though, depends how the ref seen it.  When I seen it when I got home, it wasn't a red. <_<

Watching Sportscene earlier I think Beaton's view of the challenge may have been slightly obscured by an Accies player. 

Garner was certainly a lucky boy but I think it was more clumsy than malicious. The Ayr guy's assault was worse.

The goalie should've been off but that was a very hard call to make on the spot, and would've been the linesman's job too...

Edited by Toepoke

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Watching Sportscene earlier I think Beaton's view of the challenge may have been slightly obscured by an Accies player. 

Garner was certainly a lucky boy but I think it was more clumsy than malicious. The Ayr guy's assault was worse.

The goalie should've been off but that was a very hard call to make on the spot, and would've been the linesman's job too...

Having watched the Foderingham incident again I'd absolve the ref as there's no way he could be sure enough to give a red. The linesman is the one that should have spotted it, so it's his fault for the incorrect decision. 

The Ayr boys tackle was worse than Garners. Nearly neutered the Hibs player.