Work Tomorrow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Work Tomorrow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back on Friday after sitting up for a fair bit and watching the results come in and had about three hours kip. There is one guy who is a staunch No but there was no gloating and we were all talking about it in a dignified manner. No gloating or nothing which I was relieved about. Still didn't stop me feeling like absolute shit all day though. Went to a leaving do after work, got royally pished and went home and a right good greet.

Feel sorry for the ones who are going back tomorrow for the first time since the vote.

I would have said this before the vote and I'd say the same now - everyone should be gracious in defeat or victory.

It's not just at work but family, friends etc.

I'm just back from a weekend away with two of my closest and oldest friends, both of whom where staunch No voters. We some great chats, beers and a fantastic weekend. They are some of my closest friends, and although we strongly disagreed (and clearly still do), we have to get on and see what comes next. I was incredibly down on Friday and almost didn't go away but I'm glad I did.

A massively missed opportunity IMO, but the majority has spoken, and we have to respect all opinions and try and be sensible (as much as it hurts).

If it had been a Yes vote, the same should have been applied for those on the other side.

I'm back at work tomorrow as well and am not looking forward to it.

However when i get down about the result i think back to 8.45am in thursday morning when i handed my ballot paper to my 6yo daughter to post in, the emotion overcame me. The memory of that feeling will live with me forever. I pray i get a chance to feel that again.

Nobody who voted No will have felt anything like when they voted and i console myself with that

I would have said this before the vote and I'd say the same now - everyone should be gracious in defeat or victory.

It's not just at work but family, friends etc.

I'm just back from a weekend away with two of my closest and oldest friends, both of whom where staunch No voters. We some great chats, beers and a fantastic weekend. They are some of my closest friends, and although we strongly disagreed (and clearly still do), we have to get on and see what comes next. I was incredibly down on Friday and almost didn't go away but I'm glad I did.

A massively missed opportunity IMO, but the majority has spoken, and we have to respect all opinions and try and be sensible (as much as it hurts).

If it had been a Yes vote, the same should have been applied for those on the other side.

Good stuff Fringo. If we had won by a vote, I would have been ecstatic but we still would have had a divided and hurting nation. We need to build bridges not ditches and also get some of our friends and family and workmates to leave their fears behind and walk across and join us.

been in since Friday.... A few silly remarks from older guys who should know better... You know the ones i'm all right jack. Anyways what pissed them off was a lack of a bite and smiling and saying it aint over yet...

They are to full of themselves to see that the genie is out of the lamp and it aint going back in....

Guys don't rise to any baiting.... remember revenge is best served cold....

Good stuff Fringo. If we had won by a vote, I would have been ecstatic but we still would have had a divided and hurting nation. We need to build bridges not ditches and also get some of our friends and family and workmates to leave their fears behind and walk across and join us.

I agree and we need to rise above any No twats gloating or being pretty stupid. If the shoe were on the foot how would they feel and how would hopefully behave and teat our colleagues, family & friends ?

Unfortunately, there are, and will be, other twats we'll come across like that. Thankfully my friends have been gracious and discreet thus far, and I've tried to be the same on the other side of the vote.

Hopefully (in time at least) we can harness this energy again and turn the down side into something positive again.

After my weekend away I'm now coming back to the harsh reality of it all again as it's hitting me for a 2nd time, but like most other Yes voters I'll need to get on as best as possible and see how/what we can achieve in the coming years.

I think we need to try and not stoop the levels of others who may be gloating. It may sound potentially sanctimonious of me, as many people are hurting in different ways and to different degrees, but it's important we try and rebuild again for another future that can still change for the better one day (I really, really hope).

been in since Friday.... A few silly remarks from older guys who should know better... You know the ones i'm all right jack. Anyways what pissed them off was a lack of a bite and smiling and saying it aint over yet...

They are to full of themselves to see that the genie is out of the lamp and it aint going back in....

Guys don't rise to any baiting.... remember revenge is best served cold....

Easy for you. You're big and scary...

Went into the office on Friday morning and I swear everyone knew not to say a wrong word to me - in my job I work with a lot of service personnel and even they wouldn't look at me, I would either gave lashed out or started crying!! Went to a local wine bar with some like minded people on Friday night and 2 young "Generation Yes" young lasses came over and thanked us saying "thanks for getting us to this stage,we will carry it on" that's when the tears came!!! The only words I can add to that is - This is now the start of a new beginning_and that truly gives me hope xxx SOAR ALBA xxx

Had nothing but "banter" since Friday morning.

Ohhh the banter has been flowing :(

I have given it out enough down here with the banter and have to take it back.

It still hurts because of what it meant but best not to give them a bite and smile. I know we WILL achieve this......that keeps the heart pumping :ok:

Went into the office on Friday morning and I swear everyone knew not to say a wrong word to me - in my job I work with a lot of service personnel and even they wouldn't look at me, I would either gave lashed out or started crying!! Went to a local wine bar with some like minded people on Friday night and 2 young "Generation Yes" young lasses came over and thanked us saying "thanks for getting us to this stage,we will carry it on" that's when the tears came!!! The only words I can add to that is - This is now the start of a new beginning_and that truly gives me hope xxx SOAR ALBA xxx

Love ye sis x

In the office - and one of my colleagues is doing his level best to wind me up. But I think I am winding him up........ he keeps coming back for another go - I just keep smiling and saying, glad you got the result you were looking for.

I did point out that he voted no due to fear, whereas 1.6 million Scots had the foresight to vote YES out of hope and ambition - the look on his face was a bloody picture!

Onward and upwards until the next one!

I was dreading work this morning. The environment I'm in is heavily 'British' and given the debates I had with several people in the run-up, I was expecting a square go with someone. Like others have said, though, it seems most know how I'm feeling and are actually being quite respectful. There's one guy though, who's off today, who I know will get in my face when he comes back. He better keep himself out of nutting distance :angry:

Where I work, a number of the delivery drivers are from in and around Harthill, Airdrie and the like, many are in the Orange Order, pipe bands etc. I came in this morning expecting them to be defensive re what happened in Glasgow on Friday night, claiming that the that those in the Yes rally were partly, even largely responsible. To be fair though, that has not been the case at all. To a man they have been very vocal in condemning the Loyalists for their thuggery, and have said that they were ashamed of the images they saw in the media.

The only guy who i expected to mention it to me hasn't. Although i did hear him deliberately asking someone else about it very loudly. I didn't flinch and kept my gaze where it had been, he's not getting the satisfaction of knowing he's got to me.