Work Tomorrow - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Work Tomorrow

Am I alone in feeling I can't be bothered with work tomorrow, not just because I'm severely deflated but also because I can't be bothered with the no voters. I also still can't bring myself to talk to any of my no voting friends and I don't know when it will pass. I feel petty and I can't believe I feel like this. I know by voting yes I should be able to walk about with my head held high and that we should now be trying to get on with things etc but it's easier said than done!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had work on Friday after doing an all nighter the night before. Was awful, just wanted to find a corner and cry.

The same happened on Saturday, there was no chance I was going to the football and this is the least interested I have ever been in a game. I haven't been to a game all season as I have been campaigning every Saturday, don't think I've been to one since March actually. I sat at home last Saturday and never even checked the score until Saturday night, I genuinely couldn't care less what it was.

I went to work on Friday.

Thankfully after being on the streets all day on Wednesday and Thursday I crashed out at 1am on Friday so didn't have an all nighter as the adrenaline that got me through the following day at work after the 2011 elections was missing.

I think I was quieter than usual and pretty reserved on Friday and probably had a rather unproductive day.

My head is starting to get back to a better place and am buoyed by the fact nobody seems willing to give up the fight.

We WILL see this through in my lifetime.

It's good that you feel like this. It shows how much you love your country. Keep that feeling inside you but channel it in the right way so that you can continue the fight for an independent nation.

I joined the SNP on Friday and I'm hoping it will give me the sense of direction for the fight that lies ahead.

They are your countrymen and women. Just as they would have had to deal with you had things gone the other way, you should be be mature enough to deal with them respectfully. In the not too distant future I believe there will be an independent Scotland, we should act tomorrow (or I did on Friday as it happens) as I'd hope No supporters will at that time.

Had to work on Friday after 1 hour of sleep. Kept my head down with headphones in and just wanted to cry the whole day. Then it got to about 17:15 and the tirade that everyone expected finally came out. Nobody was safe :lol:

Manager "You can't call people f'ing idiots for voting no"

Me "well they are"

Sympathise with all the people who are dreading going to work tomorrow. I don't work with anyone, so it's not an issue for me. I was at a party on Friday night with at least a half dozen people I know who voted No. Not a single one of them even mentioned the outcome to me. Got the impression they were more releived than triumphalist. Or they were just too feart to say anything.

Either way, just waltz in with a smile on your face and ask who among them is willing to admit they were among the 10,000 who have joined the SNP this weekend?

On monday the horrendous normality will hit home, Yes & No. The cavernous sense of what was just lost.

All the yessers will feel it tomorrow of course but every day that passes you will feel better and better and they (the nossers) will be consigned to feeling worse and worse. As bad as you feel right now if you are a Yes it is nothing to what you will feel as a No. You got off so lightly.

Wasnt meant to be working over the weekend, but went in on Saturday just to get it over with, gave several people dirty looks and told them not to mention it.

Boss is a stereotype No, he is off Monday and Tuesday thankfully, but I can definitely see a rammy on Wednesday when he is back.

I only really speak to 4 people, 2 were No, 2 were Undecided, not sure how I will react, probably not terribly well.

Going back to work in England is going to suck. They all know I took Thursday afternoon and Friday off to come up to Glasgow. They know I've been tweeting and Facebooking about it for months. I don't think they really know how much it meant to me, to all of us.

The worst thing is there is a girl from Peterhead at my work who would have voted no and has been telling me for months, "everyone I know is voted no". She better not start :lol:

On monday the horrendous normality will hit home, Yes & No. The cavernous sense of what was just lost.

All the yessers will feel it tomorrow of course but every day that passes you will feel better and better and they (the nossers) will be consigned to feeling worse and worse. As bad as you feel right now if you are a Yes it is nothing to what you will feel as a No. You got off so lightly.

Thanks, I'll remember this tomorrow.

I have been dreading various things ever since a No.

Going here, going there, seeing this person, see that one...

But every time I have done so it has been supremely cathartic.

Fully accept this situation before you go to work... and then walk in the door and experience the experience.

You will find out who are your real friends, who are the real dicks... and much much more. Just watch from within.