The most hated team in Scotland? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The most hated team in Scotland?

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think squirrel humper is trying to explain why Rangers and Celtic have such large supports, even in places like Ayrshire and Lanarkshire. Yes, they've had success, but surely if historically everyone was attracted to a team by success, Queen's Park would have the biggest support in Glasgow and probably be competing with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Not particularly aimed at you, as in most cases if you post on here, you're not really representative of the section of the Rangers support people like to have a go at.

Not so sure.  I think that too many have a view that they don't generate themselves.  They listen to what others say and adopt that stance.  If that is not correct, how comes so many on here have an opinion on something, as if it happened the other day, yet it is something that I haven't witnessed after going for years?  Doesn't add up to me and there is a stereo-type that too many just accept as totally accurate.  

Having said that, there are obviously dick heads, and a lot more than most clubs, but that is always going to be the case due to the size of the support.  Also worthy of note, none of what is said bothers me, I actually like the fact that very few people like Rangers, makes for a good atmosphere every now and then.  I also have a hugely superior tolerance level that most it would seem.  Songs and words and forum posts just don't bother me one iota. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

I have obviously supported them all my life and been going for 25 years, on and off whilst i lived abroad, and hand on heart i have never in my puff had a religious or a political conversation with a rangers fan whilst supporting the team.  it just doesn't happen as much as you would like to believe.  It is a total myth that we are all like that - the vast majority are not.  However, you take these myths away from the likes of you and others, there would be a gaping hole in your life.

In 25 years you have never talked once with another Hun about religion or politics? Aye, and Scotland are going places with Gordon Strachan! :rollsmile:

It's amazing how folk think that a club who operated an openly sectarian signing policy and had fan protests when this was broken, might have a large religious element to much of their following.... 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I think squirrel humper is trying to explain why Rangers and Celtic have such large supports, even in places like Ayrshire and Lanarkshire. Yes, they've had success, but surely if historically everyone was attracted to a team by success, Queen's Park would have the biggest support in Glasgow and probably be competing with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

There's a strong argument to be put that had Queen's Park not remained as an amateur club and had turned pro at the same time as all other clubs then they would have been the biggest club in Scotland. 

They had been the most successful club up until that point, they had the largest ground and were the Scottlsh establishment club.

Hindsight is wonderful, but would Queens Park have attached themselves to one side of the popular Scottish religions of the time?  In a different world, Queens Park would be who Rangers are today. And their name would be more appropriate. 

Let's face it, the popularity of the two biggest clubs is down to indoctrination where religion is the foundation. 

We purportedly have/had good education. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Ormond said:

In 25 years you have never talked once with another Hun about religion or politics? Aye, and Scotland are going places with Gordon Strachan! :rollsmile:

100% not religion, but maybe the odd politics convo in and around the indy ref.  Any other convo i have ever had has been away from football circles. so you can do your little rolly smiley face as much as you want.  

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

100% not religion, but maybe the odd politics convo in and around the indy ref.  Any other convo i have ever had has been away from football circles. so you can do your little rolly smiley face as much as you want.  

:rollsmile:

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's amazing how folk think that a club who operated an openly sectarian signing policy and had fan protests when this was broken, might have a large religious element to much of their following.... 

I think you know better.  You seem more educated than Ormond, so I don't believe you actually mean everything you post. You don't seem like the type to actually believe that things don't change.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I think you know better.  You seem more educated than Ormond, so I don't believe you actually mean everything you post. You don't seem like the type to actually believe that things don't change.

:(

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

Evidently. Problem is they are total arseholes as well.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/301597-good-luck-england/

Republican, nationalist, lefty, tarrier tartan tranny? How on earth can somebody not be ashamed to be part of the Rangers fans? Absolutely unbelievable stupid sets of fans...iam ashamed we formed the Old Firm with these deluded mutants. They are living in their own world. 

They give racist remarks about their own people in many a comments in that thread. 

3 hours ago, deecie said:

Why you ask? Board level corruption at Caley and Thistle along with the SFA desire for a highland team coupled with a total disregard for the fans.

County showed that this merger wasn't needed.

Stewart loves ICT...

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

How many of the folk are actually religious?

20 minutes ago, OLAS said:

Hindsight is wonderful, but would Queens Park have attached themselves to one side of the popular Scottish religions of the time?  In a different world, Queens Park would be who Rangers are today. And their name would be more appropriate. 

Let's face it, the popularity of the two biggest clubs is down to indoctrination where religion is the foundation. 

We purportedly have/had good education. 

That's the other side of the coin, that Rangers would not have had the support they had and so would have been a lot less successful than they've been.  

The view about Rangers is that while they'd always positioned themselves as a Scottish establishment club, which meant Presbyterianism, the sectarianism only came in when Harland and Wolff set up a shipyard in Govan, which meant that there was an influx of Ulster Protestants to work in the yard who adopted their local club.  

There's no real reason to think that Queens Park would have developed in the same way.

This guy is hilarious. I liked how he tried to equate AFC chat with Rangers Media (relatively the same apparently) and then invited people to go 'have a look for themselves'.

Which Mr squirrelhumper then did and immediately reported back quite accurately that he was talking utter fhucking garbage. 'Night and Day'. 1/100th etc...

So then it is aww well everyone has an opinion blah blah. I have never seen a more delusional whackball on here than this and that is saying something.

The scary thing is you can tell he actually believes his own bullshit.

Guest BlueGaz

Shut up you nob.  Are you fkin ersatz in disguise?

Have you read your own posts on here? You live in a fantasy world.  

"Mr squirrelhumper then did and immediately reported back"

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by BlueGaz

12 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

So, having a go at the Aberdeen forums is not allowed because there is a a Rangers forum that is also sad?  Surely, not being part of the Rangers forum allows me to say whatever I want about an Aberdeen forum, even if I was a member, same applies.

This discussion is not about Rangers.  It is about Aberdeen, but you are like most others, cannot help yourself but bring it back to the Gers.

Aberdeen have threads just as sad as the RM stuff that was posted on here the other day.  Big difference is though, I am not infatuated about it like others are, so don't see the point or bother to copy/paste the info across.  That coupled with, for example, VDAs signature on that forum, you have issues!  And it cheers me up from time to time, to see them wallow in their own pity.

:lol::lol::lol:

my my signature is nothing like what's written on RM. 

here it is below low for anyone who gives a feck

Rangers are an occasional disgrace and a permanent embarrassment. Scotland would be a better place if Rangers did not exist.

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers are an occasional disgrace and a permanent embarrassment. Scotland would be a better place if Rangers did not exist.

You are correct of course. But, look at ot this way. Everyone knows of a pub in their town that contains the absolute shite of society. What happens when you knock that pub down? The rats all scurry elsewhere. Same thing with the Hunnery. It's needed so that the scummy feckers can be contained. Kind of like quarantine I suppose.