Wembley Ticket Collection - Page 5 - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wembley Ticket Collection

ATAC

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ATAC said:

ATAC – the Association of Tartan Army Clubs - generally does not conduct conversations on Forums, particularly those where the posters are anonymous. However, we have been following comments within this thread and others and felt it appropriate to respond.

ATAC is a voluntary umbrella group for a number of Scotland Supporters groups (Tartan Armies) throughout the country and beyond. Each member group elects a representative to ATAC who in turn elect a steering group, this is carried out annually. They do not and have never purported to represent all of the wider Scottish support, but do believe that the composition of its membership is broadly representative of all.

We have been reading comments re ATAC ‘hiding’, ‘cosying up’ ‘not wanting to lose its advantages’ etc. If anyone can tell us the advantages we would be delighted to know.

We are certainly not hiding, for those who are not aware - it’s probably helpful to explain what we are doing. We have to confess we are slightly hesitant in doing so, why? – this is a public forum, anyone can read this, including those from press and media – we can see the headlines already “Tartan Army Chiefs meet to discuss Strachan’s future” “Sack the SFA Board say Tartan Army Chiefs”…The use of ‘Chiefs’  is indicative of what is usually printed, not how we perceive ourselves. Anyone can be a Chief, want a turn? We are all Scotland supporters and like everyone we are hurting at the moment, however, with the next International dates not until March 2017, we have time to consult with the membership seek their views and opinions and determine what, if any, actions should be taken. It’s not for an individual or steering group to determine that, that is driven by consensus.

Some threads started by criticising how some people support the national team, others called for the manager to resign / be sacked. Others referred to the SFA Board and the Chief Executive. Threads developed over ticket issuing at Wembley then moved onto criticising ATAC

Our position is very straightforward. Through our member clubs we will seek to identify and sort out the ‘fact’ or ‘valid’ concerns / issues, we know that they are there. These will be taken to our next regular representatives meeting, which co-incidentally is in a couple of weeks. The representatives will discuss and agree next steps. If we require (and most certainly will) to take something to the SSC / SFA we will.

The SSC / SFA do not require to listen or meet with us, they do so as they appreciate that we have taken time to consider things and provide alternatives or solutions. The ‘relationship’ is one of courtesy, it’s no secret that it was not good for a time – when ATAC met with the SFA Commercial team and registered our disgust at the pricing policy for the last campaign, let’s just say we didn’t miss them with our comments. Notwithstanding that we have continued to meet and discuss with the SSC and SFA Security on matters affecting ‘the matchday experience’ everything from ticketing through security at matches home and away. Do we always get what we ask for – most certainly not – but we do find that a number of our suggestions and proposals are adopted.

Now, do you want to influence what we do? You are very welcome. Don’t take this the wrong way, but seldom will we act upon a posting on a messageboard from someone we do not know, just because a vociferous small number of people say “pitchforks outside Hampden at dawn – ATAC lead the attack” will we go away and arrange this – Any reasonably headed person should understand this position. What can you do? Well, ONE poster from here has taken the time to write, they have had the courtesy of a reply, please feel free to contact us. Or if you are so minded, attend any of the meetings of ATAC member clubs, where all sorts of things are discussed including your item, whatever it is.

Of course,if you want to raise it with Hampden directly, then you are perfectly entitled to do so, we can supply the appropriate extension number if you wish.

Please do not start posting questions here – there is a link to contact us on our website– as stated at the outset we generally do not conduct conversations on anonymous forums. And, we fully expect that every line or word will be dissected by some and thrown back at us, we are used to that. We would hope however that you appreciate the sentiment and intent. We are all at the end of the day just Scotland fans trying to support our team.

You started this thread by making a statement on this forum so you are quite rightly held to account by the views of others participating in this forum. Your statement was one-sided and others including myself have criticised the actions of the SSC which you have not done. So if you don't wish to participate on this forum then why start the original thread?

12 hours ago, Flure said:

Oh, now then.

I'm going to guess (and someone older than me - yeah, yeah) will be along to comment, that there was 3-4k MAX in the Travel Club.

I think it had actually jumped significantly before it moved to be the SSC. 

Euro 96 was maybe the catalyst as there was a surge. We were still STC at France 98 and I'm sure by then membership was close to 20k. 

My memory may be fading right enough but pretty sure that was the case prior to the SSC inception. 

I must admit the STC seemed to me to be more inclusive than the SSC and certainly far less corporate in its set up (not having a pop at the SSC staff for that, clearly for me at some point the beaks above decided to shift down the more corporate 'how can we squeeze as much cash from the fans' route)

1 hour ago, TartanTon said:

I think it had actually jumped significantly before it moved to be the SSC. 

Euro 96 was maybe the catalyst as there was a surge. We were still STC at France 98 and I'm sure by then membership was close to 20k. 

My memory may be fading right enough but pretty sure that was the case prior to the SSC inception. 

I must admit the STC seemed to me to be more inclusive than the SSC and certainly far less corporate in its set up (not having a pop at the SSC staff for that, clearly for me at some point the beaks above decided to shift down the more corporate 'how can we squeeze as much cash from the fans' route)

Fair enough. I wouldn't argue.

Just now, scoobydoo said:

i used it as an indication of membership number and it is highly unlikely to be far from the actual number.

It's likely to be very far from the membership number. I joined in 1993, my membership number is 10000 and something and I think there were only about 2500-3000 members when I joined. 

4 minutes ago, aaid said:
4 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's likely to be very far from the membership number. I joined in 1993, my membership number is 10000 and something and I think there were only about 2500-3000 members when I joined. 

so you don't know any more than i do then on the matter

On 18/11/2016 at 9:18 PM, Flure said:

Oh, now then.

I'm going to guess (and someone older than me - yeah, yeah) will be along to comment, that there was 3-4k MAX in the Travel Club.

I would agree, 4K max. And everybody who wanted a ticket for away games got one. I can remember getting 4 for the 1985 game in Cardiff.

I am not suggesting that I am older than you.

4 hours ago, TartanTon said:

Have I read that wrong, or is that not 2001? I think loads and loads of new members joined just before WC 98 which was the first time that demand started to out strip supply. Can't speak for Flure but I'm talking about much earlier than that.

6 hours ago, killieblue said:

joined end of 1997 for world cup 98' still got my number and its in the 21000s

We got ours for going to Greece for the Euro 96 qualifiers, so it must of been December 94 and we are in the 11,500's.

So it jumped up quite a bit during those 3 years. 

7 hours ago, killieblue said:

joined end of 1997 for world cup 98' still got my number and its in the 21000s

The numbers don't mean much as pointed out we are in the hundreds of thousands by number but only late 20,000's or so actual members. Does that mean 140,000 different memberships have been purchased since it started!

Need to also remember though that some people will be counted more than once in that figure if they left and rejoined. I used to be number 23k but let my membership cease in the early 2000's. When I rejoined in 2008 I was number 56k.

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Have I read that wrong, or is that not 2001? I think loads and loads of new members joined just before WC 98 which was the first time that demand started to out strip supply. Can't speak for Flure but I'm talking about much earlier than that.

It is but gives an indication of numbers before it moved to be the SSC. I definitely recall after the Euro 96 draw the membership shot through the roof so I think it's been 4/5k prior to the draw then at least 10/12k the months  after. By the time we went to France it was at least 20k. 

2 hours ago, TartanTon said:

It is but gives an indication of numbers before it moved to be the SSC. I definitely recall after the Euro 96 draw the membership shot through the roof so I think it's been 4/5k prior to the draw then at least 10/12k the months  after. By the time we went to France it was at least 20k. 

Aye, that sounds about right. It probably took a big jump for Euro 96 then another one for WC 98. So the numbers were probably a wee bit higher than I remembered and started to increase a wee bit sooner.

3 hours ago, TartanTon said:

that's my understanding. i never went to the sfa for an away ticket until 98 qualifiers i think it was. just used to pitch up,and buy one. i got 16000 something but still got away tickets without a problem. except games like prague (3-2) where we got home end tickets. that was because of late bookings.