Revisiting 9/11? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Revisiting 9/11?

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Not true.

It is true, like a lot of folk on here you subcontract your thinking out to youtube videos. Dogma runs through you.

Show me where in Pythagorean theory you're espousing is the variable of atmospheric refraction accounted for? It isn't at all even though it directly effects what is seen, all you have is someone assuming the earth is a circle (not even a sphere) and applying maths that everyone learned when they were 13. 

The whole premise is based on being able to draw straight lines, but you can't cause of refraction. When you see the sun setting it has actually already set, it's an optical illusion.

Edited by phart

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we posting videos with the guy out of Big Bang to discuss mathematics, and also why are they slagging off Euler, who's equations were voted the most elegant (along with Maxwell)?

We citing films now?

look everyone time travel is possible dont believe me watch this.

got two separate sources here

4 hours ago, phart said:

Why are we posting videos with the guy out of Big Bang to discuss mathematics, and also why are they slagging off Euler, who's equations were voted the most elegant (along with Maxwell)?

{\displaystyle e^{i\pi }+1=0}

Anyone who can get that (and just that) into an equation is off the scale. Look at it! It is like E= MC^2 on acid.

edit: "...called "the most remarkable formula in mathematics" by Richard P. Feynman..."

Edited by thplinth

4 hours ago, phart said:

It is true, like a lot of folk on here you subcontract your thinking out to youtube videos. Dogma runs through you.

Show me where in Pythagorean theory you're espousing is the variable of atmospheric refraction accounted for? It isn't at all even though it directly effects what is seen, all you have is someone assuming the earth is a circle (not even a sphere) and applying maths that everyone learned when they were 13. 

The whole premise is based on being able to draw straight lines, but you can't cause of refraction. When you see the sun setting it has actually already set, it's an optical illusion.

I just want to know what the formula for the curvature of the earth is.

If it isn't 8 inches times miles squared then tell me what it is.

I want to know why we can see buildings that should be below the curvature of the earth.

4 hours ago, phart said:

We citing films now?

No, but the example still stands.

Most folk who see that movie will believe that man landed on the moon because of the math problem that they 'solved'.

You understand the theory, and you believe it to be true, but it doesn't and couldn't work in practicality. 

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

{\displaystyle e^{i\pi }+1=0}

Anyone who can get that (and just that) into an equation is off the scale. Look at it! It is like E= MC^2 on acid.

edit: "...called "the most remarkable formula in mathematics" by Richard P. Feynman..."

...called "the most remarkable formula in mathematics" by Richard P. Feynmanfor its single uses of the notions of addition, multiplication, exponentiation, and equality, and the single uses of the important constants 0, 1, e, i and π.[36] In 1988, readers of the Mathematical Intelligencer voted it "the Most Beautiful Mathematical Formula Ever".[37] In total, Euler was responsible for three of the top five formulae in that poll.[37].

If you simply re-expressed that formula above so it was i = ?  what would be the missing right hand side be? Any math(yeah no S) heads able to help?

7 minutes ago, Kirk said:

You wouldnt get a horizon if itmwas flat you would see forever 

Exactly

Human eyes dont have enough resolution to see the curvature

The existance of a horizon means it's not flat

Wasting our breath though - when someone wont accept empirical evidence because they dont like the answers they cant be helped

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

If you simply re-expressed that formula above so it was i = ?  what would be the missing right hand side be? Any math(yeah no S) heads able to help?

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question but i is the square root of -1. But you already know that, which is why I think I don't understand the question?

51 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

"Observable proofs" without any explanation whatsoever.

If the sun is that close how can it be midday in the north of Canada and the south of Chile simultaneously? 

"Not if Canada and Chile are a lot closer and a lot smaller than we have been led to believe..."

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's amazing to me that someone can question science so much, yet accept every word of a book that was written 1500+ years ago. 

Good old religion! It gives loads of folk false hope that when the inevitable happens, they won't end up as worm food like the rest of us!

11 hours ago, Kirk said:

You wouldnt get a horizon if itmwas flat you would see forever 

Our vision is limited.

They have a vanishing point.

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Exactly

:um-no:

Human eyes dont have enough resolution to see the curvature

Our vision is strong enough to see buildings that should be below the curvature of an earth that is 25,000 miles in circumference (but phart rejects the '8 inches times miles squared' formula and won't offer an alternative).

The existance of a horizon means it's not flat

No, it means that we can only see so far.

Wasting our breath though - when someone wont accept empirical evidence because they dont like the answers they cant be helped

You are once referring to examples as empirical when they are in fact not.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

It's amazing to me that someone can question science so much, yet accept every word of a book that was written 1500+ years ago. 

I question 'pseudo' science and 'faux' science to see if it really is science.

On 10/09/2017 at 0:57 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

Didn't take long for the thread to turn to shit

Dont bother saving the board :lol:

Just read page 1 thinking this is the old TAMB back, then got to page 2 and usual god fiddler pish again. 

Completely ruins anything and everything. I think Scotty is in on it, lunatics like him discredit people looking into stuff. 

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Our vision is limited.

They have a vanishing point.

Our eyes have the ability to see further than the horizon, but we can't, because there is a ..... horizon.

Edited by BlueGaz

22 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Just read page 1 thinking this is the old TAMB back, then got to page 2 and usual god fiddler pish again. 

Completely ruins anything and everything. I think Scotty is in on it, lunatics like him discredit people looking into stuff. 

It's a classic technique. But I don't think he is subtle enough to be very effective.