Scottish teams in Europe - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

12 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The board have had a massive hardon for the section since the hearts game, not surprised Lawell has pandered to the crowd, 25 quid in my back burner all the same.

We do need to be very careful though, that standing section is the envy of British Football and Ive no doubt Lawell etc would take great pleasure in shutting it down for good given the chance.

Just now, Reevesy said:

Fuk the board. I'll use my son's ticket for the upper tier so not really a problem for me personally but shite that the ground will probably be silent again

The clear collusion with the police at the game on Wednesday is what iritates me the most, sheer intimidation in a part of the ground that has seen no trouble what so ever since its inception last year.

I accept the concerns around the pyro at the hearts game, apart from that its been 90 minutes singing Celtic songs, no trouble, no violence, no sectarianism, yet theres the police in the section on wednesday acting like it was Dinamo against Red Star in 1990 at the behest of lawell and his cronies. 

My honest opinion of the Green Brigade is that they use the building of atmosphere in the ground as a vehicle to ingratiate themselves but it turns out to be a bit of trojan horse and what they always seem to revert to is driving wedges. I think they have a really ugly political agenda behind them and it is very thinly veiled. Celtic should get rid of them and face whatever fan backlash there is. They are no friends of the club IMHO. They are somewhat sinister.

53 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

He really doesn't. There's been good and bad on both sides but one wouldn't even have had to exist if it wasn't for the other's treatment of their land and people. 

Did they get everything right and always do good? No, of course they didn't. But I still respect those from a volunteer army who fought a foreign oppressor and believe they had every right to. They were absolutely necessary to protect the Catholic/nationalist community from the Brits and Loyalist terror groups.

Don't confuse that with me saying everything is so clear cut and one=good and the other= bad.

The UK deliberately prolonged the conflict by playing both sides off each other. Giving out names of peace-makers so they got murdered by their loyalist goons while ensuring the more bloodthirsty on both sides were left unmolested to grab power. UK had folk inside the IRA as well.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

The clear collusion with the police at the game on Wednesday is what iritates me the most, sheer intimidation in a part of the ground that has seen no trouble what so ever since its inception last year.

I accept the concerns around the pyro at the hearts game, apart from that its been 90 minutes singing Celtic songs, no trouble, no violence, no sectarianism, yet theres the police in the section on wednesday acting like it was Dinamo against Red Star in 1990 at the behest of lawell and his cronies. 

Agree about the police. There was obscene amount of them there on Wednesday.

Some coincidence that this should come the day after we sell out all the season tickets. They never even mentioned the flare against Hearts until now.

13 minutes ago, thplinth said:

My honest opinion of the Green Brigade is that they use the building of atmosphere in the ground as a vehicle to ingratiate themselves but it turns out to be a bit of trojan horse and what they always seem to revert to is driving wedges. I think they have a really ugly political agenda behind them and it is very thinly veiled. Celtic should get rid of them and face whatever fan backlash there is. They are no friends of the club IMHO. They are somewhat sinister.

They may not be a friend of the board, but they are backed by the vast majority of match going fans and that's who the club is. Not a bunch of suits.

42 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by suggesting you were a troll. I was hoping you weren't trying to be genuine. 

I see you've upgraded McInnes to "ok" now though!

(Just FYI, I didn't say he was "excellent" - your statements are now mirroring your opinions - fantasist!). 

Well, I'm definitely saying that he is excellent. :)

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Would you like to make a Sunshine Appeal bet that you won't win every game against us in 2017-18?

Well?

Put your money where your mouth is for charity?

You say that Celtic will WIN every game against Aberdeen and their 'ok' manager in 2017-18, and I say you won't.

Deal?

(You can even set the wager up to 100 squid.)

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

No, but did he not get banned under a previous guise for trying to start a poll on your favourite IRA mass shooting?

You're being deliberately awkward.

I'm really not. Just don't think it's right to put words in someone's mouth. Plus, I agree with his views on the British army but I most certainly don't agree with the words you were ascribing to him. 

2 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Is the troll for real?

Yeah. He's just thick as :lol: 

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

They may not be a friend of the board, but they are backed by the vast majority of match going fans and that's who the club is. Not a bunch of suits.

Don't trust them, there is something really not right about them.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I pretty much agree with his views on the British Army and i'm not from the west of Scotland. 

One of my biggest reasons for voting Yes was to live in a country that made ethical and compassionate foreign policy decisions, rather than one that can't wait to start slaughtering brown people or who's biggest weapons export market is Saudi Arabia. 

I'm another who agrees with Reevesy's views on the British Army. Murderous shower of shiite to be perfectly honest. 

2 hours ago, Mox said:

There has been "trouble" - overcrowding, pyro etc.

There has also been sectarianism - on Wednesday past most recently

See this sheep European record that they are glowing about under Del???? Has that included making it to the group stages at all? 

That team they put out this week were they mid way through their season and running at a totally different fitness level?

4 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Lol - too funny. Never even noticed that!!!

Your not the only one!

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

See this sheep European record that they are glowing about under Del???? Has that included making it to the group stages at all? 

Not yet.

Del has taken us from a team that constantly finished 8th and 9th, to regularly playing in Europe in a very short time (so we remain optimistically hopeful of getting to the Group Stages).

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

That team they put out this week were they mid way through their season and running at a totally different fitness level?

No.

There were 2 vital competitive games ahead of us (which is our explanation for our performance in the 1-1 home draw).

14 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Who's "glowing about" it? 

2 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Why has the flares only been mentioned now? 

Hope the games on tv on Wednesday now.

Exactly. If the flares had been an issue then it would have been mentioned before the Linfield match.

I presume we're getting the price of the Hearts match reimbursed?