George Square - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

George Square

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let them chase you away, Rangers needs decent supporters like any club.

Cheers pal! I guess from your user name you are from the other side! And judging by what you post you are like myself one of those who sees it how it should be, a gemme o fitba, nothing more nothing less, win lose or draw, it should be all about sporting fairness, being dignified in victory or defeat, having the balls to say fair dos when your rival wins? Am I right? But seeing scenes like tonights disillusion me as to what I am actually supporting, Rangers FC of Scotland, representing Scotland, doing their bit for the greater good of Scottish football! And not what we are seeing here, the Unionist/Loyalist knuckledragger element! I have at times questioned myself as to my decision as to why I have lived and worked abroad for 20 years or so now, seeing that tonight justified that! I feel sick in the pit of my stomach, and seriously don't know if I want to continue to be associated with that merely by the fact that I support the same football team!

Don't let them chase you away, Rangers needs decent supporters like any club.

I am yes and was a rangers fan, now aged 45. I have just thrown out my rangers tops and want nothing to do with them. It's a combination of mis-management & knuckle draggers for me. I understand where the other blue noses on here are coming from.

Now how do the shire songs go?!

If Yes had won there would have been tens of thousands of us in George Square, these kvnts are plastic hardmen, they wouldn't have came near us.[/quo

I agree with you in terms of tonight but there is no way these scum would not have rioted at some point in the coming days due to the political dismembering of their precious Union Jack if we had done the biz at the polls.

If Yes had won there would have been tens of thousands of us in George Square, these kvnts are plastic hardmen, they wouldn't have came near us.[/quo

I agree with you in terms of tonight but there is no way these scum would not have rioted at some point in the coming days due to the political dismembering of their precious Union Jack if we had done the biz at the polls.

They would have scuttled back under their rock. They can't handle defeat its all triumphulistic pish.

They are not hard men...jumping on folk when it's ten on one, don't thinks so some how, they are kicking out of students and poets etc, I grew up with these guys, only hard when they are team handed or on the bevvy

They really do shame that proud Scottish club they claim as theirs - that was like watching glasgow green as an 8 year old in 1975

Well there you have it from he BBC. Just a we tiff between rivals...

Scottish referendum: Police separate rival groups in Glasgow

Police have made three arrests after separating groups of rival Unionist and independence supporters in Glasgow.

Officers, some mounted on horses, lined up to divide a large number of people waving union jacks from a group of "Yes" supporters.

The trouble began when the Union supporters fired a flare and charged into George Square.

The square had hosted a pro-independence party ahead of Thursday's independence referendum.

BBC Scotland reporter Cameron Buttle, who was at the scene, said Friday evening's confrontation started quickly with flares being fired and a "co-ordinated" charge from the Unionist side, who were singing Rule Britannia.

Some of the pro-Union side were carrying banners featuring Loyalist imagery.

A spokeswoman for Police Scotland said there were about 100 people in each of the two groups, and although there had been some "minor disorder" it had been dealt with by officers.

She said investigations were under way, with officers conducting inquiries which could lead to further arrests.

There have been reports on social media of a "Yes" supporter being stabbed in George Square, but police said they had no record of any incident.

The square was closed to traffic with local diversions in place.

A number of people draped in union jacks later left the area and began spreading on to the nearby streets, with many marching down St Vincent Place as police followed.

Roads around the square were closed as police dealt with the incident.

A large group of Union supporters later gathered in George Square again, this time at the top of the square next to Queen Street Station.

They sang Rule Britannia and a flare was let off.

Police formed a human barrier to block off the route to Buchanan Street - where scuffles also broke out - and contain people in the square.

After 21:00 the crowd scattered but smaller groups remained along with the line of police officers.

Mounted officers also remained at the scene.

Given the dawn raids on football fans for fairly minor charges, that are generally dropped, is it safe to assume CCTV will be examined with a fine tooth comb to identify and punish any criminal behaviour in Glasgow tonight?

Or is that only when it's 30 teenage boys with a drum and some flags?

Polis claiming there have been three arrests and that "no-one told them" about any trouble on Buchanan St.

FFS are they deaf, dumb and blind ??? Someone dropped the ball and allowed these cretins to take over Buchanan St with no polis in sight stopping them.

They were obviously hard to see with their hundred or so Onion Jake flags

I've just asked a loyalist NO friend this question.

Others are saying it's not a celebration but punishment for Glasgow voting YES.

I despair and feel I might get my FB friends list down to under 50 by tomorrow night!

It's not all bad,does this mean you will have spaces in your fb friend list??

:D