And So The Backlash Against Giving The Jocks More Pocket Money Begins.. - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

And So The Backlash Against Giving The Jocks More Pocket Money Begins..

my favourite bit :

James Gray, MP for North Wiltshire, said: “Talk about feeding an addiction. The more you give them, the more they want, and we would be back with calls for independence within a decade or sooner.” He added: “For too long the rights of 55m English have been subordinated to the shouting of 4.5m Scots. That must end."

oh Scotland what have we done?...

We'll get some new powers but it'll be a token gesture. The quicker the SNP and everyone else who supported No comes to terms with last night, the quicker we resolve to support DevoMax. I'll be f*cked if we let Labour get off with this. Massively important Labour are destroyed as an electoral force in Scotland.

It would be better to get no change than the half baked 'powers' on promise - emasculation of the parliament, reduction of budget, making up the shortfall by raising *some* income tax (why income, when other taxes are proportionally higher?)

How the media managed to sell that as devo max I've no idea. I guess people *wanted* to be conned.

Yeah, I think if the Tories get in at the next GE, Labour's credibility in Scotland will be very low.

Re the "new powers", Cameron realises he can only buy off his backbenchers with the "English Parliament" a proposal that could cripple a future Lab Gov, so Miliband will never back it. Obviously it'll be a big standoff and then kicked into the long grass - All this within hours of a No!

We'll get some new powers but it'll be a token gesture. The quicker the SNP and everyone else who supported No comes to terms with last night, the quicker we resolve to support DevoMax. I'll be f*cked if we let Labour get off with this. Massively important Labour are destroyed as an electoral force in Scotland.

I have to admit to not being as close to this referendum and the politics behind it but can someone explain to me the reason behind the vitriol towards Labour based on last nights result?

I have to admit to not being as close to this referendum and the politics behind it but can someone explain to me the reason behind the vitriol towards Labour based on last nights result?

Labour is meant to be the party of the workers, clue is in the name. They aligned themselves with big business, banks and the establisent in Westminster. They didn't give reasons from the point of view of the people they represent.

No voters are starting to wise up, albeit too late:

13:07: Get involved

BBC News website reader:

I voted No at the Scottish referendum. Listening to what I am now hearing post the 55/45 split. If the vote was today I would vote Yes. I listened and trusted the main UK leaders. This would appear to be a poor choice on my part.

No shit, sherlock.

If we go after them on the basis that they distorted the vote by making false promises on the eve of the vote that could force another vote.

But if they keep the promise they are fukked down south.

They have got some big problems ahead, their mouths were all writing cheques their arses could not cash.

We may be fukked but perhaps their cheating has set in motion their own downfall and perhaps, just a tiny maybe, our redemption.

BBC News website reader:

I voted No at the Scottish referendum. Listening to what I am now hearing post the 55/45 split. If the vote was today I would vote Yes. I listened and trusted the main UK leaders. This would appear to be a poor choice on my part.

"And today I found out that the word gullible is not in the dictionary. I was very surprised by this."

No voters are starting to wise up, albeit too late:

BBC News website reader:

No shit, sherlock.

No shit, Sherlock,

Very funny, 1st time I've smiled since the result

Labour is meant to be the party of the workers, clue is in the name. They aligned themselves with big business, banks and the establisent in Westminster. They didn't give reasons from the point of view of the people they represent.

That and the fact they joined forces with the Tories.

They need to be eradicated from scottish politics much in the same way as the Tories were.

After such a frenetic few weeks it's understandable to want answers immediately but this business is going to take months and move at a snail's pace.

The conference season is just beginning and Westminster isn't sitting again until mid October.

I'm prepared to give them time to sort this out properly but if the plans fall short or worse then the backlash at the 2015 GE will be even greater than it's going to be already...

After such a frenetic few weeks it's understandable to want answers immediately but this business is going to take months and move at a snail's pace.

The conference season is just beginning and Westminster isn't sitting again until mid October.

I'm prepared to give them time to sort this out properly but if the plans fall short or worse then the backlash at the 2015 GE will be even greater than it's going to be already...

No they made a VOW and probably swayed people towards NO.

No ifs or buts they stick to it or else.

We need to stop being so honest and nice and start playing dirty (they certainly do).