Junior Cup 2016/17 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Junior Cup 2016/17

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/10/2016 at 5:43 PM, Mox said:

Was at Pollok on Saturday to see them thump Glentaner 4 - 0. Huge gulf between the two sides and Glentaner were fortunate they didn't get beat by a lot more.

There were a few real thumping on Saturday, 11-0, 9-0, 8-1 and a few 6-o though my favourite was Musselburgh's 8-4 victory over Craigroyston (who I had to Google as I'd never heard of them before).

On 10/24/2016 at 5:43 PM, Mox said:

Was at Pollok on Saturday to see them thump Glentaner 4 - 0. Huge gulf between the two sides and Glentaner were fortunate they didn't get beat by a lot more.

Glentaner used to be a strong side but have went downhill in the last 5-10 years and are now struggling near the bottom of Div 1. Sunnybank looked to be heading the same way for a while but seemed to have turned a corner and now sit top of Div 1. The glory days of beating Albion and getting an away tie vs. Ayr are long gone but will be good to see them back in the Super league.

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

So disappointed yesterday Thistle were 1 up with 5 minutes to go and looking comfortable against a team 2 divisions above them and then they let in 2 ridiculously soft goals.

same old same old

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Away at Dunbar Utd for the Bens in the 4th round.. Decent draw.

You will probably beat Dunbar (my team, where I was born and brought up). Playing ok this season though and decent defensively. I was at Thornton Hibs v Dunbar a couple of rounds ago, a good game, Dunbar the better side and should have won on the day but ended a draw and Dunbar won replay on pens.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was at Kelty Hearts v Hill O'Beath yesterday, easy 5-0 win for Kelty, 4-0 up at HT. Look a very good side this season and could go close in Scottish. Very impressive crowd of 936 too.

Great win and achievement for Dunbar to make last 16 playing in bottom league in the East.

It  is when you consider there was 740 at Livi for a SC game. Well done Dunbar. Bens don't travel well.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:01 AM, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Was at Kelty Hearts v Hill O'Beath yesterday, easy 5-0 win for Kelty, 4-0 up at HT. Look a very good side this season and could go close in Scottish. Very impressive crowd of 936 too.

Great win and achievement for Dunbar to make last 16 playing in bottom league in the East.

You must have counted the 25 folk in the pie queue twice.....

14 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Ehh? Lost me. The pie queue was big but pies were rotten. 936 was announced at game and on Twitter.

936 less the 25 people in the pie queue that you counted twice means the attendance was actually 911.  :o  See above. (Never great when you have to explain jokes)

Shame about the pies!

Edited by SMcoolJ