This Weekends Games - Page 126 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Superb defensive display today. Beerman and Bates were brilliant. Positive signs.

I thought Beerman had a very good game. Bates was very poor I thought - looked out of his depth.

Hilarious stuff from the sheep. How they couldn't take advantage of the boy Bates incompetence is beyond me. Hopefully this'll put an end to the constant whining about poor players like McLean, Jack and Considine not getting a cap. ?

16 minutes ago, GRBear said:

How did that go? :lol::lol::lol: 

Shite. I'm pragmatic about it all though. Still secure in 2nd.

Need a win next week to go in the semi on a high though. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Shite. I'm pragmatic about it all though. Still secure in 2nd.

Need a win next week to go in the semi on a high though. 

We get the same prize, I wouldn't get too hung up on finishing second. 

2 hours ago, GRBear said:

Aberdeens song book.

ibrox disaster.

Ian Durrant. 

Scum.

Firstly, well done Rangers. 

However, you've made that bit up. 

The Ian Durrant song is banter. A bit like 'you're only sheep shagging bastards' 

Go to the games clown.

For some reason I couldn't get rid of an old quote. 

Anyway, stopped watching after 65 odd mins and Aberdeen has been all over them for second half.

mciness one of the few managers who still plays with a fear against rangers. Touch of the Stuart McCall about it

Apologies Scotty, for some reason I had a historical quote of yours that I couldn't get rid of without posting it.

Very satisfying win today. I thought we were better in the first half and poor in the 2nd and gave away far too much possession. Thankfully, Aberdeen didn't really cause us too many problems, albeit Wes kept us in it with a couple of fine saves. Danny Wilson MOTM for me. He's been good for a few games now since coming back in. Bates had his errors but 180 minutes of first team football away from home and yet to concede a goal is good going. I like the look of Beerman - solid defensively with decent ball retention. Fantastic finish by Kenny for the first goal and a fantastic finish to the game generally. Very helpful in our quest for 3rd at worst. I suspect 2nd is beyond us but you never know.

In other news, Jonatan Johansson will be appointed imminently to fill the role of "guy who used to play for us/coach".

30 minutes ago, Redz said:

Firstly, well done Rangers. 

However, you've made that bit up. 

The Ian Durrant song is banter. A bit like 'you're only sheep shagging bastards' 

Go to the games clown.

I'm a season ticket holder sir. 

Your hurting eh? 3-0 ?

Some irony in that we dominated today and lost. Rooney nowhere near good enough yet again. Taylor a bomb scare. Shinnie Motm and must be sitting in the dressing room right now thinking WTF. 

Miller was very good. Great finish for first goal. Streets ahead of Griffiths, Fletcher and Martin.

6 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Some irony in that we dominated today and lost. Rooney nowhere near good enough yet again. Taylor a bomb scare. Shinnie Motm and must be sitting in the dressing room right now thinking WTF. 

Miller was very good. Great finish for first goal. Streets ahead of Griffiths, Fletcher and Martin.

Griffiths scored 40 goals last season. "Streets ahead".

hes a danger man but is also anonymous for large spells thus celtic punted him sharpish.

12 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Griffiths scored 40 goals last season. "Streets ahead".

hes a danger man but is also anonymous for large spells thus celtic punted him sharpish.

And Leigh Griffiths is the modern day Brian McClair. Totally incapable of scoring goals at international level. Unlike Kenny Miller.

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

Young Beerman, Danny Wilson or Kenny Miller were all worthy shouts for motm, certainly not Shinnie. Shay Logan was Aberdeen's best player and in the absence of Calum Paterson is probably the best right back in the country right now.