National Anthem - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

Yes sing flower of Scotland, princess Anne sings it at every Scotland rugby game. if its good enough for annie its good enough for me. I sing it even though I am not Scottish. I live in this nation if it had been a yes vote the other day this would have made me a foreign national either way it would not have made me feel any different I still would have followed Scotland as a football fan, an ssc member, . passionate for my team to perform to the best of their ability, Any of you guys who were at the german game recently will most likely will have hummed or even sang the German National anthem because not what the germans did in the past but for your respect for their anthem ,their players and their passion ( also have to admit its a good N A). people should be able to sing what they want whenever they want and wherever they want. I am no different from the man next to me lets hear you sing with the passion we know we have and get right behind OUR team and nation!

Com on Scotland

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sing flower of Scotland, princess Anne sings it at every Scotland rugby game. if its good enough for annie its good enough for me. I sing it even though I am not Scottish. I live in this nation if it had been a yes vote the other day this would have made me a foreign national either way it would not have made me feel any different I still would have followed Scotland as a football fan, an ssc member, . passionate for my team to perform to the best of their ability, Any of you guys who were at the german game recently will most likely will have hummed or even sang the German National anthem because not what the germans did in the past but for your respect for their anthem ,their players and their passion ( also have to admit its a good N A). people should be able to sing what they want whenever they want and wherever they want. I am no different from the man next to me lets hear you sing with the passion we know we have and get right behind OUR team and nation!

Com on Scotland

Respect your opinion here.

Yes was in Dortmund Had no reaction to German anthem positive or negative just stood there with respect.

Have been singing FOS since first attending Scotland v England at Wembley in 1975 and at every Scotland game i have been at since. Never before has bloody politics been involved with our National team so I will carry on singing this song as long as I am alive........sad day if we drag our national sport into the gutter ................Lets stand up and get on with the footie and look forward to France 2016.............

I initially said yesterday in the aftermath of the vote that for me the lyrics were no longer relevant. Having thought about it and seen the "45" reaction on social media , we aren't going to lie down and die. The actions off this Westminster government will eventually cause some off the NO voters to see the error of their ways and most of these old selfish bastards that voted NO will die off to be replaced with younger more savvy voters.

So in essence FOS lyrics have become more applicable and can be sung proudly in anger. We can still rise now and be a nation again. the Unionist bas tards who seek to quell us.

Its our fukking song, we voted for freedom, and we lost because some toothless/frightened/lied to folks voted the other way. Not our fault nor is it the fault of the team.

By NOT singing you are just giving up and saying "OK you won".

Fuk sake sing it with more passion than ever before.

Stop being so defeatist , we will rise and be that nation again.

Jesus. Reading some of the stuff on here is ridiculous

FOS is our song and I think I am right to say the vast majority of Scotland fans voted YES. So we should be singing it loud and clear.

Therefore we will sing it until we finally are free.....the fight lives on. I will not roll over and go I to my box

Its our fukking song, we voted for freedom, and we lost because some toothless/frightened/lied to folks voted the other way. Not our fault nor is it the fault of the team.

I love you!!!

As an Irishman I feel very sorry those of you that voted yes.

Your 'country' this morning stands for perpetual imperialist wars in the muslim world and future tory governments. I'd be incredibly embarrassed as a Scotsman today. No amount of devolution is going to make up for voting against your own independence. This promise of more devolution is merely tokenism at this stage. It's like being happy taking pocket money of daddy Westminster over earning your own wage. Sorry to rub salt in your wounds lads but the Irish sense of humour will be merciless at Parkhead in November in the wake of this no vote. Here was one of the chants suggested on our Irish football fans forum a week ago:

"They're drinking your oil

They're drinking your oil

Tory bastards are drinking your oil" :D

P.S. Hope ye see the funny side ;)

That's fine with me pal as I will not be at Parkhead and while you are laughing at us the SFA will be pissin themselves laughing at you and all the others paying the unacceptable ticket prices.

I could well belt out this song in Dublin right enough 'they're drinking our oil' .....................

we wont, that was our one and only chance

they did win

the song sounds daft now

Dave - just read this comment -

Westminister didnt bail out the Irish people - it bailed out the irish banks for the main reason that alot of the bond holders in them are german , french and BRITISH

"Owned by the Brits"....hahaha ...that gave me a giggle :ok:

Our people got our independence

Anyway I appreciate your dissappointed after last nights result so ill leave it that

3/4 of your people got their independence as Eamonn DV bottled it

the leftover part is a mess

Didn't word that well. Meant stay silent during the anthem at the Georgia game but sing it again in future.

Or perhaps sing it at the 45th minute for the 45%

Ah, got you :lol: I disagree though. Raise the fuckin roof at unionist central with FoS to send the message that we haven't been cowed. If I believed in fate I'd say we were meant to be at Ibrox for this game.

3/4 of your people got their independence as Eamonn DV bottled it

the leftover part is a mess

Eamonn DV made agreements some sides in the fight for independence didnt agree with it....absolutely.

But too put our indepence solely down to that is naively stupid or ignorant....not sure which.

Maybe its an attempted dig at my countrys indepence. ....which is quite bitter and sad....if that's the case