National Anthem - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flower of scotland represents how all of us feel I know you feel down but it's a song about picking ourselves up "AND BE A NATION AGAIN" if you don't sing yourself hoarse singing it then you are allowing yourself to be downtrodden by unionists STAND TALL IF YOU VOTED YES as martin Luther King said "I have a dream"

Flower of scotland represents how all of us feel I know you feel down but it's a song about picking ourselves up "AND BE A NATION AGAIN" if you don't sing yourself hoarse singing it then you are allowing yourself to be downtrodden by unionists STAND TALL IF YOU VOTED YES as martin Luther King said "I have a dream"

Agree. I am one of the 45 (percent) and I love FOS. It will be painfull but the fight goes on until my last breath.

FOS for me, just out of curiosity what's the proper lyrics for Scotland the brave.

I think I have sang an unofficial version

"Scotland the small and mighty, england the BIG and shity, Scotland the brave"

Land of the purple heather.....land of the rotten weather....land where the midges gaither....Scotland the brave........you want me to go on.....

I would have thought it would be harder to sing FOS if we had won the yes vote..as the song looks forward to that time..and if we got independence the song would be obsolete...I would love to have a new anthem...get the top songwriters in Scotland to write some anthems and we could vote for the best one...surely we would get that vote right.....he he....

I would have thought it would be harder to sing FOS if we had won the yes vote..as the song looks forward to that time..and if we got independence the song would be obsolete...I would love to have a new anthem...get the top songwriters in Scotland to write some anthems and we could vote for the best one...surely we would get that vote right.....he he....

LOLthe only problem with that vote being we would probably end up with gstq

I agree with jcs... We need to sing it loud and proud

It's about us standing up against the no voters the unionists and Westminster...

I will admit it hurts worse than a kick in the baws today....but I am proud to be Scottish, I am proud to vote yes,I am proud to be a part of the tartan army, I am proud to sing Flower of Scotland and I am damn proud that I am one of the 45% that stood up for Scotland....Our Scotland...no one elses but OURS. Let them have their day with their hooligans and liars that they call politicians and a monarchy that does hee haw for us, and the shire they call engerland cos it will all fall around them sooner or later and We will rise and we will be the nation again.

ps did I mention I was proud ?

Will I sing FOS? Damn straight I will.

I'm as gutted as the next person at the referendum result. But FOS isn't about having risen - it's about working towards the day when we WILL rise again. We lost yesterday, true; however, look at the gains. Even 10 years ago, I could never have envisaged 45% of Scottish voters opting for independence. Even 12 months ago, everything predicted an absolute landslide for No. That didn't happen. We've made tremendous leaps forward, and having slept on it, I truly believe that we will achieve independence within the next 20 years. I'll keep campaigning for it, just as I have been, and so FOS doesn't change its' meaning for me.

As for not supporting Scotland anymore as we don't have the right to a national team... bollocks. OK, we're still in the Union, but we are one of four countries within that Union. I don't like it, you don't like it, but that's the facts. We're not a region like, say, Norfolk - we're a country. The No vote doesn't change that - all it does is tie us politically to other countries. By that same argument, you could say that any country who opts into the EU should forego their national team and just play as Europe - it's utter nonsense.

Come the Georgia game, I will be there, in my Scotland top & kilt, proudly belting out FOS. And I'm sure thousands of others will be too.

I know I really shouldn't but can't help myself.

The Banana Republic owned by the Brits.

Dave - just read this comment -

Westminister didnt bail out the Irish people - it bailed out the irish banks for the main reason that alot of the bond holders in them are german , french and BRITISH

"Owned by the Brits"....hahaha ...that gave me a giggle :ok:

Our people got our independence

Anyway I appreciate your dissappointed after last nights result so ill leave it that

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Will I sing FOS? Damn straight I will.

I'm as gutted as the next person at the referendum result. But FOS isn't about having risen - it's about working towards the day when we WILL rise again. We lost yesterday, true; however, look at the gains. Even 10 years ago, I could never have envisaged 45% of Scottish voters opting for independence. Even 12 months ago, everything predicted an absolute landslide for No. That didn't happen. We've made tremendous leaps forward, and having slept on it, I truly believe that we will achieve independence within the next 20 years. I'll keep campaigning for it, just as I have been, and so FOS doesn't change its' meaning for me.

As for not supporting Scotland anymore as we don't have the right to a national team... bollocks. OK, we're still in the Union, but we are one of four countries within that Union. I don't like it, you don't like it, but that's the facts. We're not a region like, say, Norfolk - we're a country. The No vote doesn't change that - all it does is tie us politically to other countries. By that same argument, you could say that any country who opts into the EU should forego their national team and just play as Europe - it's utter nonsense.

Come the Georgia game, I will be there, in my Scotland top & kilt, proudly belting out FOS. And I'm sure thousands of others will be too.

Good post mate.

Totally agree with all your points except singing flower of Scotland.

Made my decision months ago not sing it if a NO vote.

Thats only my point of view my two boys will not be influenced by me and can sign if they want as can anybody else for that matter I have no bad feeling to anyone that does.

Good post mate.

Totally agree with all your points except singing flower of Scotland.

Made my decision months ago not sing it if a NO vote.

Thats only my point of view my two boys will not be influenced by me and can sign if they want as can anybody else for that matter I have no bad feeling to anyone that does.

Im open to correction here mate - but do you not believe in the words of FoS anymore?

Obviously i realise its been a tough few days for ye lads on here and Im very conscious of that nor do I want to step on anyones toes over this matter which is obviously a sensitive one

But tbh im a bit bemused by the despondent attitude towards yere national team on here (by some) and ppl towards FoS since the vote has been decided

Just because the majority said NO - does that mean you have to go along with the Majority? Does that mean you have to stop wishing and believing that Scotland is no longer nation? That ye no longer can campaign and ultimately have yere independence? to stop believing in the FoS? ..does it F**K lad

If the roles were reversed and It was my country in Scotlands current shoes , it would make me even more determined.

TBH when Im in Parkhead in November ...ill be slightly dissappointed if i dont hear ye lot belt out FoS with the same passion ye always do

It hurts hard now in the immediate aftermath ....but time does heal lads....

Your nation will rise again....of that i have no doubt

GTR I suspect Dave wasn't disappointed at the result (and seems to have has a blind spot about the debt the UK is racking up daily spending it on things they cant afford :blush:)

ah cheers mate - didnt realise that - not familar with a lot of posters preferences on here due to my short time on the forum

Just thought he was been educationally ignorant towards Irelands economic situation

Still dont know if i will sing FOS yet, I have been thinking about it constantly for the last 2 days.Maybe i wont know till i am standing in Ibrox and the pipes start up.

Either way i respect everyone elses decision to sing or not to sing.

My Heart may be heavy,

But my conscience is clear,

I tried to free Scotland,

I showed no fear.

Im open to correction here mate - but do you not believe in the words of FoS anymore?

Obviously i realise its been a tough few days for ye lads on here and Im very conscious of that nor do I want to step on anyones toes over this matter which is obviously a sensitive one

But tbh im a bit bemused by the despondent attitude towards yere national team on here (by some) and ppl towards FoS since the vote has been decided

Just because the majority said NO - does that mean you have to go along with the Majority? Does that mean you have to stop wishing and believing that Scotland is no longer nation? That ye no longer can campaign and ultimately have yere independence? to stop believing in the FoS? ..does it F**K lad

If the roles were reversed and It was my country in Scotlands current shoes , it would make me even more determined.

TBH when Im in Parkhead in November ...ill be slightly dissappointed if i dont hear ye lot belt out FoS with the same passion ye always do

It hurts hard now in the immediate aftermath ....but time does heal lads....

Your nation will rise again....of that i have no doubt

Thanks for your response and your input from Ireland.

No this is no knee jerk reaction.

I have pounded the song out numerous times with meaning for the words over thirty years or more always in the back of my mind that it may happen.

But to keep it short at this moment I shall summarise.

I shall continue to support Scotland football national team with the same passion as I have always done.

BUT SHALL NOT SING FLOWER OF SCOTLAND.

No big loss to the side playing me not signing is there.

Still dont know if i will sing FOS yet, I have been thinking about it constantly for the last 2 days.Maybe i wont know till i am standing in Ibrox and the pipes start up.

Either way i respect everyone elses decision to sing or not to sing.

My Heart may be heavy,

But my conscience is clear,

I tried to free Scotland,

I showed no fear.

spot on mate