National Anthem - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'v always hated that FOS dirge.telling the world we'v a chip on oor shoulder called England.We're more than that..oor anthem should be somin more traditional along the lines o Scotland the brave.A stirring tune like italy and france have.

I'v always hated that FOS dirge.telling the world we'v a chip on oor shoulder called England.We're more than that..oor anthem should be somin more traditional along the lines o Scotland the brave.A stirring tune like italy and france have.

I agree here, we should have an anthem which is about the positives of Scotland, not just about those bad english bastards !!

Never sung it on Saturday and never will again which is sad as it has been my favourite Scottish song for about 40 years; long before it became popular. The words just stick in my craw now.

I think this is the correct course of action. For the people who voted Yes at least.

Make the No's sing it instead (if that is their choice).

Me and my mates deliberately went 5 minutes late to miss the anthems.

We arrived in the ground just as the anthems were finishing. Couldn't have stood and sung that or listened to all the nawbags belting it out as if nothing has changed.

Sang it loud and enjoyed it, thought it was great. Its still pur anthem and it still has the same vasues, we can and will rise and be a nation, the 18th of September was just the first step towards that. Maybe not what we wanted but its not the end!!!