National Anthem - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

National Anthem

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When others had previously questioned singing FOS after a No vote i thought it was ridiculous, however now, like many others, feel as if i won't be able to sing it. My enthusiasm for all things Scotland, fitba included, has drained. Utterly devastating

As an Irishman I feel very sorry those of you that voted yes.

Your 'country' this morning stands for perpetual imperialist wars in the muslim world and future tory governments. I'd be incredibly embarrassed as a Scotsman today. No amount of devolution is going to make up for voting against your own independence. This promise of more devolution is merely tokenism at this stage. It's like being happy taking pocket money of daddy Westminster over earning your own wage. Sorry to rub salt in your wounds lads but the Irish sense of humour will be merciless at Parkhead in November in the wake of this no vote. Here was one of the chants suggested on our Irish football fans forum a week ago:

"They're drinking your oil

They're drinking your oil

Tory bastards are drinking your oil" :D

P.S. Hope ye see the funny side ;)

Edited by irish

its not the anthem that gets me mad, I can sing it as I still believe in it. Its the bunny rabbits that vote no that will belt it out that make me sick.

This.

I was of the opinion I couldn't sing the anthem, not sure I will be able too until the time comes, but I totally agree with this. We should do a poll as people enter the ground..'Which way did you vote? No?? Please make your way to the non-singing section over there thank you'

I've been restling with this question since the Germany game.

At first, and still to a degree, it would be embarrasing to sing about rising as a nation.

BUT - we did rise as a nation, over 1.6m voted for a better Scotland - up against everything the establishment could throw at us, so much so they are now rushing through powers for us...not the result we wanted but alas, a result none the less.

The union as we know it is over - and we have Scotland to thank for that.

Worst thing we could do now would be to stay silent and accept, we've got to fight for devo max/as much as we can get - prove to the neysayers what we are capable of...

I think we should sing it louder and prouder than we ever have before.

Failing that Highland Cathedral or Caledonia for me! :sing:

As an Irishman I feel very sorry those of you that voted yes.

Your 'country' this morning stands for perpetual imperialist wars in the muslim world and future tory governments. I'd be incredibly embarrassed as a Scotsman today

And your from the Republic of Ireland so don't make me laugh. Have you repaid your debt to Westminster yet?

And your from the Republic of Ireland so don't make me laugh. Have you repaid your debt to Westminster yet?

That the best you can come up with? :lol:

That's right I'm from the REPUBLIC (Do you know what that is?) of Ireland not some region of Britain that has the audacity to still call itself a country this morning.

I'm with the irishman here.They had the balls to genuinely fight off the british empire when it was an empire. We didn't have to lift a weapon, we had lift a pencil and just say NO and we couldn't even do that.

Two teams I do not want to play against right now are Ireland and England but we've got to play both within 2 months all in the space of four days.

That the best you can come up with? :lol:

That's right I'm from the REPUBLIC (Do you know what that is?) of Ireland not some region of Britain that has the audacity to still call itself a country this morning.

He's right.We are a disgrace,

I know I really shouldn't but can't help myself.

The Banana Republic owned by the Brits.

If anything it's Brussels that own us but you know what Dave the point is we were able to make our own mistakes. We don't have a Tory ruled Westminster led by that Eton pxxxk making them on our behalf. That's the difference between us my dear.

Anyway I'm not trying to gloat because Scottish Independence may have played a part in ending partition on our own Island by tearing down the imperialist union and consigning the pseudo 'country' of Northern Ireland to the history books. It's a bitter disappointment to Republicans over here. The knuckle dragger element of the unionist community are having the biggest victory they'll ever have today by Scotland voting no and it's sickening to be honest.

Edited by irish