Next Poll - Page 18 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its 47% yes then that means Survation shows no change. Makes me more convinced yougov was herding to save face as they were so far out. With 3% margin of error though, it is basically a dead heat (would be same other way round).

Only concern is how this is jumped on by BBC/ITV/SKY etc as Yes stalling.

It essentially means there's been no change in the last couple of weeks which is very hard to believe. So either their data from weeks ago was wrong, or the data is wrong. There's no way support for both is unchanged.

Maybe they just used the same numbers to save themselves a bit of work. They knew what result they wanted anyway.

Hmmm, one way of looking at it, if you want to be an optimist...

No: 47.6

Yes: 42.4

DK: 9.9

are the figures

If undecideds really are favouring Yes by 2:1, then that becomes:

49% Yes

51% No

So, neck and neck really....

Some rough calculations I did on the tables of this poll (I posted this on SGP earlier):

First thing I check for is the 16-24 age group with Survation. This fluctuates like crazy in terms of voting intentions. Last poll had 42% Yes, 45% No. This poll its 32% Yes, 50% No. Every single poll they have for this age group is never even close to one another.

To make matters worse, as its been pointed out, this is up weighted by a factor of over 2.

Just goes to show that they dont really know what they are doing with this age group.

When it comes to the over 65s, however, the figures hardly change - they are stupidly similar.

Most of the other groups show a modest increase for Yes of a few % points. If you remove the 16-24 year olds from this sample, then you have Yes on 44%, No on 47% and DK on 9%.

Compared to the last poll, which showed the 4% increase for Yes, then excluding the 16-24 year olds you had figures of 41% for Yes, 47% for No, and DK on 12%.

Hold the phone guys and gals and breathe

CORRECTION Fieldwork for Survation/Record IndyRef poll was Sept 5 - 9. So early fieldwork was before S Times YouGov YES lead poll came out

Edited by Ally Bear

Unnamed MP from No tells @SkyNews that internal polling shows Yes lead. No are expecting to lose Aberdeen, Dundee and GLASGOW.

I assumed that they'd got some absolutely horrendous private poll data before they decided to have the three stooges head up here and to wheel out Fighting John Prescott and John 'Back to Basics (but don't tell the wife)' Major.