Chilcot Report - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. There were no WMD of the type (Nuclear) that the West said existed.

2. That being said getting rid of Saddam Hussein was a good idea

3. Albeit a good idea nobody foresaw that after Saddam was ousted that a large proportion of Iraqis would start killing each other

4. In hindsight someone should have thought about 3 

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

1. There were no WMD of the type (Nuclear) that the West said existed.

2. That being said getting rid of Saddam Hussein was a good idea

3. Albeit a good idea nobody foresaw that after Saddam was ousted that a large proportion of Iraqis would start killing each other

4. In hindsight someone should have thought about 3 

2. No it wasn't, not if you were Iraqi.

3. Yes they did forsee and also engineered it to be that way.

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

2. No it wasn't, not if you were Iraqi.

3. Yes they did forsee and also engineered it to be that way.

2. Clearly you dont know the history of the Saddam regime

3. Nonsense

The whole shambles was engineered. Fake intelligence about a meeting between Atta and Iraqi intelligence in Prague to hand over Anthrax. Fake intelligence about "yellow cake".

An ambassador(Joseph Wilson) blew the whistle on the yellow cake, and his wife Valerie Plame was outed as a CIA agent in retribution. See the Plame Affair and bush on last day of office issuing pardons.

The Anthrax was actually made in Ames America and was destroyed by the FBI.

Douglas Feith office making up fake intelligence, see all the senate testimony on it.

I can't be fecked arguing it all again. Look up Oded Yinon plan.

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

2. Clearly you dont know the history of the Saddam regime

3. Nonsense

2. Not an expert that's for sure but it must've been fcuking bad if it's worse than whats going on now.

3. Yeah, cos invading other countries never results in civil wars and the the invading country fkucing off with their resources, totally new phenomenon only observed in Iraq, that must've been when the phrase 'divide and rule' was coined.

10 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

2. Not an expert that's for sure but it must've been fcuking bad if it's worse than whats going on now.

3. Yeah, cos invading other countries never results in civil wars and the the invading country fkucing off with their resources, totally new phenomenon only observed in Iraq, that must've been when the phrase 'divide and rule' was coined.

2. Yep - unless you want to defend tyranny

3. Invading other countries can result in an uprising against the invader yes but civil war of this type ?

What we are seeing is a war within Islam

What does it say about us when the argument that the only way that this war could have been kept under wraps was to keep Saddam in power is used ?

There is far more to the current situation in the middle east than the duplicity of Blair and Bush.

8 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Woah, how come when I say it was 'engineered', I get a 'nonsense', but when the 'cleverest man on the forum' says it was  'engineered' he gets a ' I think that's evidently clear', no fair, I object.

:lol:

The Iraq war was clearly engineered after the UN refused to give backing

Engineering the Islamic Civil war that we are seeing now is debatable - i apologise for saying nonsense never mind not using IMO after saying it.

Its undeniable that the West has been despicably playing Iraq and Iran against each other since the 60s but some blame must fall on the political and religious ongoings in these countries too - not forgetting Saudia Arabia. 

Edited by Ally Bongo

22 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Woah, how come when I say it was 'engineered', I get a 'nonsense', but when the 'cleverest man on the forum' says it was  'engineered' he gets a ' I think that's evidently clear', no fair, I object.

Don't hate the playa hate the game.

Also

- Bush and Blair acted like vigilantes - if there's a fox getting at the chickens you don't just let your teenager and his mates nick the gun to shoot it, even if people are happy to see the back of the fox

- so Bush and Blair weakened the UN and the sense the international community could take more legitimate action against other nations, ever since

- specifically Blair put our troops in danger just to help Bush in some domestic election (sorry can't remember which) - lives were lost due to vanity and personal friendship

- Blair by taking much of the 'left' (MPs) with him helped legitimised what would otherwise be seen as a gung-ho US expedition

- weapons used on the US/UK side

- rendition, torture, etc etc

- 7/7

Edited by exile