Northern Ireland v Poland - Page 4 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Northern Ireland v Poland

EddardStark

13 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Well done Northern Ireland.

Absolutely brilliant performance and well deserved winners. Defended well, attacked, and thoroughly deserved winners. Credit to O'Neill who was brave enough to make a lot of changes from the first game - would oor Gord be so bold? Michael O'Neill will surely be in demand for a big club side with the wonders he's done with his nation.

Still, just wish they would change that anthem. There are plenty of lovely songs about Northern Ireland they can choose from.

Brilliant stuff from N.I, must be great watching ur team win in a tournament

As for O'Neill he would have been hibs manager if (allegedly) one of Fenlons flunkies hadn't put it about he had a drink problem (which O'Neill strongly denies)

Instead we got a man who managed our worst ever result in Europe and lost a cup final to the whanks then admitted he wasn't up for the job. Bawbag

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm so your telling me that Scottish premier league players from outside the big two can play football on the big stage like this?

can someone call we Gordy and tell him please?

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I reckon if Germany win tonight then a victory for Ukraine over Poland by less than 3 goals will guarantee Northern Ireland 2nd place in the group no matter how they do v Germany...

Head to head - Poland beat NI.

Here's another one. If Poland get a point tonight, Ukraine are the first team out of the tournament. And some folk were trying to tell us Ukraine are a decent team.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Head to head - Poland beat NI.

All 3 would have 3 points. It then goes to a mini league with the results between N.I., Poland and Ukraine factored in. If Ukraine beat Poland 1-0 or 2-0, Northern Ireland would top that mini league.

All immaterial if Poland get something from Germany which looks highly possible here...

Edited by Toepoke

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

All 3 would have 3 points. It then goes to a mini league with the results between N.I., Poland and Ukraine factored in. If Ukraine beat Poland 1-0 or 2-0, Northern Ireland would top that mini league.

All immaterial if Poland get something from Germany which looks highly possible here...

Oh aye, right enough, that's when it starts to get complicated. Any chance of a penalty shoot out?

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Oh aye, right enough, that's when it starts to get complicated. Any chance of a penalty shoot out?

I'll wait til this game's bye before melting ma brain with further permutations!

Unbelievable night and atmosphere in the ground and there was a a fair few Scots in and around Lyon. One guy in an Aberdeen top actually asked my mate why he was wearing a Celtic scarf much to our amusement! More worryingly was that he was being serious as well.

Game wise the team was bit of a shock but it worked. Washington worked his socks off and the defensive was outstanding as it usually is. MON obviously learnt his lesson and started Ward and Dallas which was good to see and made the correct subs at the right time. mental scenes when the wee man rammed home the second. Onwards to Paris next Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, dave said:

Unbelievable night and atmosphere in the ground and there was a a fair few Scots in and around Lyon. One guy in an Aberdeen top actually asked my mate why he was wearing a Celtic scarf much to our amusement! More worryingly was that he was being serious as well.

Game wise the team was bit of a shock but it worked. Washington worked his socks off and the defensive was outstanding as it usually is. MON obviously learnt his lesson and started Ward and Dallas which was good to see and made the correct subs at the right time. mental scenes when the wee man rammed home the second. Onwards to Paris next Tuesday.

:lol: Brilliant and well done you guys.

Enjoy the trip. :ok:

14 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Probably true, but where would fitba fans be without hope?...

Full credit to NI on that one they worked their socks off ,  unfortunately the German v Poland result makes it twice as hard for the Irish as now Germany have to win to make sure they get through.

But as you say where would fans be without hope !!!!

It get even more complicated as the 4 best 3rd placed teams qualify as well. My heads busted this morning. Back home tonight to london, 2 nights with the fear and back to Paris on Monday morning. 

1 hour ago, dave said:

It get even more complicated as the 4 best 3rd placed teams qualify as well. My heads busted this morning. Back home tonight to london, 2 nights with the fear and back to Paris on Monday morning. 

Well, you definitely have 3rd place in your group. Ukraine can't catch you even if they put 10 past Poland. To get any better than 3rd you need to beat Germany. A draw won't get you any better than 3rd. But if you do draw with Germany that extra point could be crucial in getting one of the best 4 3rd place spots. It's a dilemma. 

Your group is the 3rd group to play your final games so you might have an idea of what is required before you kick off. But then again the other 3 groups play their final games after you so maybe you won't.:lol:

Best to just go for it, and try to beat Germany to avoid all doubt. ROI and Poland beat them so there is no reason why you can't. And, if you win the group you should get an easier draw in the last 16. Good luck anyway.:ok:

17 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Well done Northern Ireland.

Absolutely brilliant performance and well deserved winners. Defended well, attacked, and thoroughly deserved winners. Credit to O'Neill who was brave enough to make a lot of changes from the first game - would oor Gord be so bold? Michael O'Neill will surely be in demand for a big club side with the wonders he's done with his nation.

Still, just wish they would change that anthem. There are plenty of lovely songs about Northern Ireland they can choose from.

Are you a Hun now?

10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Are you a Hun now?

Aye, good ein.

They deserve credit for last night's performance and I even said 'yes' after McGinn's finisher as it was thoroughly deserved much like Hungary's second too.

The first match good lucks seem to come solely from Rangers fans, merely commenting on that, ya ken.

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

great result yesterday...... and listening to colin murray still fully cut on talk sport, sounds like it was a night in france reminiscent of '98 ........ enjoy enjoy enjoy

Aye hes suffrring today haha, saod he woke up with a traffic cone too.

8 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

The first match good lucks seem to come solely from Rangers fans, merely commenting on that, ya ken.

But you chose to use Huns as opposed to Rangers fans, that wasn't very nice was it?

Edited by Larky Masher