England v russia - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England v russia

Mee

Was in the middle of typing Russia are cack and wouldnt be surprised if they dont score in their next 2 games

Well thats my first fiver free bet if England win doon the swanny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ridiculous group format means that a country can lose their first 2 games yet still qualify easily.

There's a false sense of tension being created by Russia's equalizer. 

England will stroll through the next 2 games.

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

The ridiculous group format means that a country can lose their first 2 games yet still qualify easily.

There's a false sense of tension being created by Russia's equalizer. 

England will stroll through the next 2 games.

how so?

Joe Hart is a real liability at times.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Not really easily, you'll still be relying on the results of other groups, like happened to us in 1990...

Edited by Toepoke

2 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not really easily, you'll still be relying on the results of other groups, like happened to us in 1990...

OK, fair enough, but I'll hazard a fair guess that 3 points will get most teams through.

Anyway, late goal aside, England were easily the best team on show today. I'd be stunned if they don't win against both Wales and Slovakia. 

Just now, Boynze said:

what is the ridiculous format you spoke of?

The fact that there are 24 teams there, and only 8 lose out after the first round of games. 

I find that a ridiculous format.

Its crystal clear now that red socks have been the reason Scotland are jinxed at finals

Still wouldnt be without them though

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

The fact that there are 24 teams there, and only 8 lose out after the first round of games. 

I find that a ridiculous format.

i did not realise that. so the bottom placed team in each group plus the worst 2 third placed?