Slovakia - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia

Barney Rubble

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Will absolutely destroy us in the forthcoming qualifiers.

Don't worry, Wee Gordy's got a few disguises lined up and we can all sing Doe-a-Deer.

In Gord we trust.

After their performance v Wales I thought we had a chance.... going by their performance v Russia today alone I think they will come a clear 2nd in our group and Hamsik could beat us on his own

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

After their performance v Wales I thought we had a chance.... going by their performance v Russia today alone I think they will come a clear 2nd in our group and Hamsik could beat us on his own

From what I've seen in this tournament so far, I think Slovakia might be better than England.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

From what I've seen in this tournament so far, I think Slovakia might be better than England.

I would agree with that, but saying that, England under Roy Hodgson though seem to be able to get them through qualifying campaign without breaking a sweat (as they showed in their last two campaigns), yet they seem to chuck that form out the window once they get to the finals.

23 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I would agree with that, but saying that, England under Roy Hodgson though seem to be able to get them through qualifying campaign without breaking a sweat (as they showed in their last two campaigns), yet they seem to chuck that form out the window once they get to the finals.

As this currently stands it's not a great result for England.  If they don't get out the group, then Roy Hodgson will be getting his jotters. 

4 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Weiss was known to some as "Vlad the Timpaler" during his time at Ibrox. Thought you might all want to know that.

Ach dinae start that min. That's just asking for some daft sheepie to start banging about ex dons players.;) 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

As this currently stands it's not a great result for England.  If they don't get out the group, then Roy Hodgson will be getting his jotters. 

The only saving grace for him, is that four of the 3rd placed teams will reach the knockout phase.

Russia have just scored, as well though.

I try to block out these two commentating but did they mention fireworks after the Russian goal?   "How do they get them in?" or something along those lines? 

Aye - just mentioned a flare again. 

Edited by OLAS

Just now, Orraloon said:

England will beat Wales, I think.

Not so sure.  I mean, they will be strong favourites but I don't think they've really showed anything so far to justify that.

Their weakness is at the back - especially against pace - and we've seen what Bale can do if he gets the space.

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

Good result for Slovakia.  They deserved a point against Wales and will give England a decent game.

Could be a very interesting game depending how England v Wales goes. Slovakia really just need a point now...

I've just noticed that head-to-head is superior to goal difference (odd given that teams only play each other once). But this means that Wales only need a point against England to qualify for the knockout stages, due to them beating Slovakia.

Edited by Clyde1998

21 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I've just noticed that head-to-head is superior to goal difference (odd given that teams only play each other once). But this means that Wales only need a point against England to qualify for the knockout stages, due to them beating Slovakia.

Head to head's been the primary tie breaker for a while now. I think it dawned on us during Euro 96 when we realised that we actually wanted England to win a game!

Wales could still go out if Russia pump them and three teams end up on 4 points. Although with the 4 best third place teams going through you'd have to be hugely unlucky to go out on 4 points...

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Wales could still go out if Russia pump them and three teams end up on 4 points. Although with the 4 best third place teams going through you'd have to be hugely unlucky to go out on 4 points...

That would be a good because it would mean England are out. I think? The only way for 3 of the teams to end up on 4 points, with Wales being one of them, is if England end up on 3 points.