Slovakia - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Slovakia

Barney Rubble

think we are forgetting that England are more than a decent team with some very handy players, should through the group and the next round at the very least, then I think draw depending they could get the semis or beyond.

would not be surprised if they won the wales game reasonably comfortably 2-0 or so.

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

I've just noticed that head-to-head is superior to goal difference (odd given that teams only play each other once). But this means that Wales only need a point against England to qualify for the knockout stages, due to them beating Slovakia.

As toepoke says it's been head to head or a while now. What is new this time round (well I've never noticed it before), is the possibility of a penalty shoot out at the end of the last group game. That would be a good way to see England get knocked out:lol:. Especially as the commentators probably wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What is new this time round (well I've never noticed it before), is the possibility of a penalty shoot out at the end of the last group game. That would be a good way to see England get knocked out:lol:. Especially as the commentators probably wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

That appears to have replaced the old ultimate tie-break of drawing lots. In the highly unlikely event of the two teams who've just played being unable to be seperated on 6 different tie breakers.

I think in Italia 90 we were very close to going into a draw of lots (with Austria IIRC). You just know we'd have found a new way to be eliminated though :( ...

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

That appears to have replaced the old ultimate tie-break of drawing lots. In the highly unlikely event of the two teams who've just played being unable to be seperated on 6 different tie breakers.

I think in Italia 90 we were very close to going into a draw of lots (with Austria IIRC). You just know we'd have found a new way to be eliminated though :( ...

Need to get there first.:lol:

15 hours ago, Toepoke said:

It has replaced the drawing of lots but it has moved up a couple of notches. It s above "Fair play conduct" and "UEFA coefficient"

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

It has replaced the drawing of lots but it has moved up a couple of notches. It s above "Fair play conduct" and "UEFA coefficient"

I presume it goes to fair play if the penalty shoot out is unfeasible?