Sunday 15th May - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

29 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

The first 21st century boy to score in Scotland?

the year 2000 isn't the 21st century. The greatest illustration of collective human ignorance happened on Hogmany 1999-2000. When the "new millennium" was celebrated a year early.

EDIT: Unlike when we count normally there is no 0 (ZERO) so 1 to 101 is the first 100 years.

Edited by phart

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Aberdeens collapse has been quite impressive.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Apart from the first 8 games, the dons have had a shocking season, very surprised that McInnes job isn't being scrutinised a little more.

:lol::lol:

A hilarious, teenage girl-like over-reaction, given that Aberdeen have been in either 1st or 2nd place all season, and that Celtic only actually won the league a week ago.

Have either of you ever actually been to a football game ? 

I'm wondering. 

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

A hilarious, teenage girl-like over-reaction, given that Aberdeen have been in either 1st or 2nd place all season, and that Celtic only actually won the league a week ago.

I'm wondering. 

Steady on....'Collapsing' into 2nd place is a sacking offence as far as all the non-Dandies on here are concerned!

You really need to start keeping perspective out of your posts..... ;)

6 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I'm wondering. 

I went to a game once aye.

5 hours ago, phart said:

the year 2000 isn't the 21st century. The greatest illustration of collective human ignorance happened on Hogmany 1999-2000. When the "new millennium" was celebrated a year early.

EDIT: Unlike when we count normally there is no 0 (ZERO) so 1 to 101 is the first 100 years.

I can see the logic in that but the convention has always been that the 99 year is the last of the century. Made easier by the fact that there was never a year 0AD (or 1AD for that matter)...

Edited by Toepoke

Pretty disappointing stuff from Motherwell today.

Mcghee has started tinkering with the line up, which I suppose is fair enough given where he's gotten us and with an eye on next season, but feel sorry for the 280 'well fans that parted with £26 to watch that humiliation against a poor Celtic side.

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I can see the logic in that but the convention has always been that the 99 year is the last of the century. Made easier by the fact that there was never a year 0AD (or 1AD for that matter)...

A convention for folk that can't count or understand years maybe. Ir's not logic simple arithmetic. Horologists seem to not have that convention and they should know.

Even wiki has it " The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001, and will end on December 31, 2100"

Edited by phart

28 minutes ago, phart said:

A convention for folk that can't count or understand years maybe. Ir's not logic simple arithmetic. Horologists seem to not have that convention and they should know.

Even wiki has it " The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001, and will end on December 31, 2100"

Not the forum for this discussion so I'll leave it by saying I hope you had a banging Millennium party on Hogmanay 2000 :)

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Not the forum for this discussion so I'll leave it by saying I hope you had a banging Millennium party on Hogmanay 2000 :)

I was making the point in 2000. As i've said before and at the time in 2000. Pretty funny being in Edinburgh and everyone celebrating the millennium and it wasn't. Collective ignorance on a grand scale.

I'll need to look for my old post about it, it was the crowning achievement in human ignorance. hundreds of millions of folk celebrating a year early cause they use a calendar they actually don't understand but think they do. Our species in microcosm captured perfectly.

1 hour ago, phart said:

I was making the point in 2000. As i've said before and at the time in 2000. Pretty funny being in Edinburgh and everyone celebrating the millennium and it wasn't. Collective ignorance on a grand scale.

I'll need to look for my old post about it, it was the crowning achievement in human ignorance. hundreds of millions of folk celebrating a year early cause they use a calendar they actually don't understand but think they do. Our species in microcosm captured perfectly.

You are of course correct.

But I'd rather go to a cracking party a year early than a shite one a year late just to show how well I understand the Gregorian calendar!

Call us all ignorant, but what a blast we had all the same ???? whilst all the clever clogs had to wait a year for a damp squib ??

51 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

But I'd rather go to a cracking party a year early than a shite one a year late just to show how well I understand the Gregorian calendar!

Call us all ignorant, but what a blast we had all the same ???? whilst all the clever clogs had to wait a year for a damp squib ??

I also attended the party, just cause you know Santa isn't real doesn't mean you don't enjoy Christmas.

21 hours ago, Redz said:

Steady on....'Collapsing' into 2nd place is a sacking offence as far as all the non-Dandies on here are concerned!

You really need to start keeping perspective out of your posts..... ;)

I'd have been delighted if utds collapse had been into second place.

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

They could have called the party "The Pedants' Revolt"...

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

I'd have been delighted if utds collapse had been into second place.

I suspect there are plenty on here that will tell you Championship football is better than being liquidated ;)

Relegation means that at least your history is intact, and 'thankfully' you've no 'stars' to lose :P

I'll miss my trips to Tannadice next season - See you soon mucker! :wave:

Edited by Redz

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:30 PM, Redz said:

I suspect there are plenty on here that will tell you Championship football is better than being liquidated ;)

Relegation means that at least your history is intact, and 'thankfully' you've no 'stars' to lose :P

I'll miss my trips to Tannadice next season - See you soon mucker! :wave:

Thanks Redz, and good luck in the top div next year. hopefully we can get back up soon and get those special games v the dons back on.

very interested to see how we get on next year - more hopeful now with McKinnon in place, but if we don't come back up quickly it will be very tough on the club.