Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers - Page 73 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Final - Hibs v Rangers

22 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

A few days after the final there was a post on fibs.net about someone starting a fund me page for people to donate towards the inevitable fine coming our way who ran on the pitch. I'd certainly donate towards it

edited to add that I wasn't on the pitch :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Do the SFA accept welfare tokens?

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Hibs up before the beaks  4th October 

Rangers 5th October 

Sure;y Rangers should be there at the same time as Hibs in order to protect their players. 

Rangers fans asking Sturgeon on twitter if she will be making a statement about Rangers players being assaulted

There are no words really

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Rangers fans asking Sturgeon on twitter if she will be making a statement about Rangers players being assaulted

There are no words really

I'd like to he to think she's got more important things to deal with.

:lol:

RANGERS’ Directors are shocked at the charges issued by the Scottish FA’s Compliance Officer in the wake of the pitch invasion at the end of the Scottish Cup final last May.

It is alarming that the governance of Scottish football is so lacking that it is impossible for the Scottish FA to guarantee the safety of footballers at the country’s showpiece event. The SFA is either unwilling or is powerless when it comes to taking the appropriate punitive action against the offenders.

A number of Rangers players were assaulted by Hibernian supporters in broad daylight on the Hampden surface and a repeat of this must be avoided at all costs. That should have been the priority of the SFA. Yet, the governing body insists it is not within its remit to issue any charges let alone punishments for such violent and dangerous misconduct. Instead of player and supporter safety they have placed all their emphasis and importance on the monetary value of a set of goalposts, pieces of turf, and advertising boards.

Rangers Directors will take time to consider an appropriate and more comprehensive response to redress our grievances but for the moment the board fully endorses the incredulity and anger of all Rangers supporters.

30 minutes ago, Ormond said:

A number of players? :rollsmile:

Courts seem to think so.

Edit: not followed this, but was one not jailed for Halliday (4 months, maybe?) and the other accepted a suspended sentence for Fortheringham (bingham, or somthing?)

Edited by Stu101

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

Courts seem to think so.

And surely it's the job of the courts to deal with such matters as assault rather than the SFA?

Although I do agree with Rangers that the SFA need to accept some responsibility for their shortcomings on policing and security.

Ironically Rangers are criticising the SFA for their whitewash, while attempting their own whitewash. 

Just now, sbcmfc said:

And surely it's the job of the courts to deal with such matters as assault rather than the SFA?

Although I do agree with Rangers that the SFA need to accept some responsibility for their shortcomings on policing and security.

Ironically Rangers are criticising the SFA for their whitewash, while attempting their own whitewash. 

Agree exactly on the first point. I was wondering this earlier - do clubs have responsibility for what their own fans do?  Is that what the strict liability point is about? Not followed this closely enough. 

In terms of Rangers "whitewash" I think we have banned every fan charged (as have hibs). In terms of our arguments here though, those daft kneejerk statements after the game wont help.

After the motherwell invasion and what happened at Hampden though, it does appear though pitch invasions aren't taken very seriously now.

They were very critical of the security arrangements at fir park, and Motherwell are on probation and have a series of changes to implement to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Which makes the SFA Accepting no responsibility ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They were very critical of the security arrangements at fir park, and Motherwell are on probation and have a series of changes to implement to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Edit- this is impossible by phone.

Edited by Stu101

39 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Exactly, as it was their cup final they are completely responsible for security.

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

And they are very unlikely to punish themselves despite being a bunch of idiotic twats.

They should at least hold their hands up to some lapses in their part.

Youre right though, theyre not going to be too damning on themselves. Or damning at all actually.

The utter shite coming out of Rangers in their statements though.  Jeezo.

No excuses for anyone that assaulted players, book should be thrown at them.

HOWEVER (instead of whataboutery ;)), its been timed that Rangers fans were on the pitch within 11 seconds of Hibs fans being on the pitch.  Utter pish they went on to protect their players.   The last sentence from Rangers there is pandering to the Orc wing of their fans who are busily carrying out sash singing fundraisers to pay for their fans who have been charged (and it will be interesting to see what the breakdown of Hibs/Rangers that have been charged).  

Even when Rangers do have a point about player safety, its lost in the utter jingoistic, we are the people pish.  They have comeback  like a scorned former partner and are at offended levels much higher than their other cheek of the arse in the East End.

13 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

True RB. But some honesty around responsibility would be refreshing.

Totally agree but I'm not holding my breath. They'd much rather charge Rangers and Hibs with not controlling their fans even though they weren't responsible for security at their game.

Their hypocrisy really knows no bounds.