Voting - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, phart said:

It seems at least one Tory is a WATP dude. Interesting to have a protestant supremacist in Parliament.

2 (at least)

tomkinswatp

frasergstq

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

2 (at least)

tomkinswatp

frasergstq

Murdo Fraser i don't know about he just looks like a Rangers fan, Adam Tomkins is using loyalist slogans from Northern Ireland during the height of the troubles. Fraser is just asking the person who created the universe to save some ruler on a wee patch of land on one of the countless planets via Twitter. While ridiculous, it isn't the same.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I quite like wings journalism most of the time but this is a complete load of rubbish.  There is a majority of independence suporting MSP's. That is what we need for when the time is right, it doesn't matter if they are SNP or not. Patrick Harvie urges caution over a second referendum. So what! So does Nicola Sturgeon! She won't go for it until the time is right. And when that time is right Harvie would also support it.

The contrast with the last Holyrood election is jarring.

70 seats was amazing, exhilarating and I knew it meant a referendum had to happen. The whole day I was walking about with a buzz. Lasted days...

Can you imagine if the SNP had held off a referendum only to lose their majority now and the chance gone?

They did exactly the right thing by calling it (even when well behind in the polls). God bless the balls on Salmond.

This time the pro SNP vote is up but for reasons that bore me to death. The majority is lost and I could not give less of a shit. This is so dead it is amazing in contrast.

I had to laugh at the reports saying this means a new referendum is dead for at least 5 years...WTF did these clowns think it meant when they voted No.

Edited by thplinth

Never got into wings even during the referendum hysteria. (Honestly it was the fact he called himself Reverend that put me off.)

But reading all the endless stick he gets on here from mostly our Labour friends makes me think he must be all right. Like the Tories their hatred of him is a huge endorsement. Probably the best you can get.

Keep slagging him and in a few years he will be elected President of Scotland, Trump style.

Edited by thplinth

All this debating about who should have voted what on the list ,whilst interesting, is completely pointless. The average voter in this election probably didnt even realise they was 2 papers till they arrived at the polling station let alone understand how their vote could influence anything. To achieve some of the potential combinations on this thread,  the only way to have secured a larger and more varied  pro indy representation would have been for Nicola Sturgeon to go on TV every night and tell all SNp supporters to give the second vote to Greens, in the same manner Ruth Davidson kept banging on about the Tories being the only unionist party and to vote for them, which clearly worked judging by the swing from labour . Surely only the beautiful union would force labour supporters to sell their souls to their arch rival . But no one in their right mind would expect Nicola sturgeon to do that. 

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Never got into wings even during the referendum hysteria. (Honestly it was the fact he called himself Reverend that put me off.)

But reading all the endless stick he gets on here from mostly our Labour friends makes me think he must be all right. Like the Tories their hatred of him of his a huge endorsement. Probably the best you can get.

Keep slagging him and in a few years he will be elected President of Scotland, Trump style.

The problem with Wings, other than the obvious, is that he doesn't debunk like he claims he does... Ever! He spins, the truth is always found somewhere in between what the MSM say and what the good reverend says. It would be lovely to have an impartial alternative but that's impossible.

28 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

To think they used to bring Tomkins on the telly as a serious political commentator...

To be fair he's not your typical Billyboy...

"Professor Tomkins was a supporter of the group, Republic, a British republican organisation advocating the replacement of the monarchy with a democratically elected head of state,[5][6] Tomkins published Our Republican Constitution, a republican re-interpretation of the United Kingdom's constitution[2] which claims that the constitution is deeply influenced by republican principles, despite its monarchic nature.[7] "

Wings is a demagogue much like Galloway was/is.

Right about things, but the more exposure you get of them, they just come across as egomaniacs. His entire spiel today (one of the few i've read) is about how if everyone had just listened to him, blah di blah.

11 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

I never claimed to be. But I don't ask people to fund me thousands of pounds to spout my pish.

No but you are on here spouting your pish (just like Wings) all the time so I think it is a bit rich to be complaining about Wings spouting pish so much...ON HERE!

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

To be fair he's not your typical Billyboy...

"Professor Tomkins was a supporter of the group, Republic, a British republican organisation advocating the replacement of the monarchy with a democratically elected head of state,[5][6] Tomkins published Our Republican Constitution, a republican re-interpretation of the United Kingdom's constitution[2] which claims that the constitution is deeply influenced by republican principles, despite its monarchic nature.[7] "

He also didn't come to Scotland till he was 33. So he adopted the culture? Here is his take

"I am English and British, but I live in Scotland," he said. "My wife is Jewish and American, but lives in Britain as she would see it. My kids have dual US and UK nationality and they are Jewish: so multiple identities feel natural and normal. "

Why the feck is he tweeting loyalist supremacist slogans? Fecking Lawyers.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

I fear for Scotland if Davidson is going to spend the next 5 years doing nothing more than waving the Union flag and screaming 'no referendum' every 10 minutes.

She's only one step away from Northern Ireland style Loyalism as it is.

She Is Iain Paisley Re incarnated...