Scottish League Play Offs - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish League Play Offs

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, deecie said:

Anybody got spares for the Killie end at Somerset?

I really, really, REALLY hate Ayr.

7 hours ago, deecie said:

Anybody got spares for the Killie end at Somerset?

I really, really, REALLY hate Ayr.

l used to like you gtf ?

Ref was utter pish tonight at Easter Road. Clear penalty along with McGinn getting booked when it was the Falkirk player who made the foul.

Houston has his side well drilled in killing the game, frustrating play. Hibs should have made more of the second half. Logan dived like a sack of tatties and was at fault for the Falkirk equaliser.  

Friday night is going to be some game!

9 hours ago, giblet said:

Ref was utter pish tonight at Easter Road. Clear penalty along with McGinn getting booked when it was the Falkirk player who made the foul.

Houston has his side well drilled in killing the game, frustrating play. Hibs should have made more of the second half. Logan dived like a sack of tatties and was at fault for the Falkirk equaliser.  

Friday night is going to be some game!

ref was awful, he also missed a clear foul by Gray on the edge of the box when he was last man and as for that handball in the second half :lol: reminded me of one by Duberry I think it was in a St Johnstone v Celtic game a few years ago.

Falkirk a bit lucky to come away on level terms but it sets up an exciting second leg on Friday

11 hours ago, Debian said:

How that handball was missed ill never know. ???

Always open to interpretation. Looked like it might have been unintentional in which case it's not a penalty.

That said he got a better hand on it than Logan did for the equaliser :-))

Edited by Toepoke

Cant believe the Ref missed the stonewall penalty for Hibs, if they had scored and went 3-1 up I think they would have went and scored another as they were well on top at that point.  Once again terrible referring costing teams in Scotland due to there incompetence.

52 minutes ago, Geed said:

Cant believe the Ref missed the stonewall penalty for Hibs, if they had scored and went 3-1 up I think they would have went and scored another as they were well on top at that point.  Once again terrible referring costing teams in Scotland due to there incompetence.

In the first 3 minutes of the game he gave a handball against Cummings when the ball hit his chest, and a goal kick to Hibs when it was obvious it was a corner for Falkirk.

The tone was set.

On the plus side, he gave Stubbs...never a man to turn down a whinge about something....a ready made excuse for the fact that Hibs didn't win a game that they dominated.

Edited by Rossy

36 minutes ago, Rossy said:

In the first 3 minutes of the game he gave a handball against Cummings when the ball hit his chest, and a goal kick to Hibs when it was obvious it was a corner for Falkirk.

The tone was set.

On the plus side, he gave Stubbs...never a man to turn down a whinge about something....a ready made excuse for the fact that Hibs didn't win a game that they dominated.

Hope Hibs goes through on Friday, think Stubbs has done great at Hibs and for everyone keep saying Hibsed it, well if Hibsed it means 2 national cup finals and chance of promotion success, I would bite hand of for that kind of season.

Think Falkirk will win on Friday though, Hibs will be knackered come Friday and Falkirk be a lot fresher than them so Falkirk defo favs for me to go through on Friday.

29 minutes ago, Geed said:

Hope Hibs goes through on Friday, think Stubbs has done great at Hibs and for everyone keep saying Hibsed it, well if Hibsed it means 2 national cup finals and chance of promotion success, I would bite hand of for that kind of season.

Think Falkirk will win on Friday though, Hibs will be knackered come Friday and Falkirk be a lot fresher than them so Falkirk defo favs for me to go through on Friday.

I think the cup runs are the reason why Stubbs is still in a job, finishing third in that league isn't 'great' for a club like Hibs

1 hour ago, Geed said:

Hibs were far the better team last night. A combination of not being able to convert chances and some pretty poor defending cost them.

They're a stick-on to win the cup as well. It's impossible to believe that the law of averages will let them down again.

45 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Hibs were far the better team last night. A combination of not being able to convert chances and some pretty poor defending cost them.

They're a stick-on to win the cup as well. It's impossible to believe that the law of averages will let them down again.

They were the better side but weren't 'exceptional' as Mutton described them.  Having seen both sides a few times this season I was expecting a bit more and it's certainly as poor as I've seen Falkirk. That said a lot at stake so it's understandable.  

Cup Final should be good and like any final can go either way. Many will have us as favourites after the semi final but our final league games showed just How poor we can be. Probably a good thing in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Geed said:

Personally think 'great' is pushing it a bit. The cup finals are sugar coating things. 3rd place in.the second tier for a club the size of Hibs, is failure  no matter how it's dressed up. 

Fancy you to sneak it on Friday FWIW.  You seemed have the beating of Falkirk in the games I've seen this season. 

Edited by Angus_Young

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Personally think 'great' is pushing it a bit. The cup finals are sugar coating things. 3rd place in.the second tier for a club the size of Hibs, is failure  no matter how it's dressed up. 

Fancy you to sneak it on Friday FWIW.  You seemed have the beating of Falkirk in the games I've seen this season. 

If Stubbs wins the cup and gets us promotion, it will go down as one of our greatest ever seasons (two national finals).  3rd in the league by goal difference was poor, however if we get the promotion, it will be what we targetted plus the addition of the finals appearances.

Concerned for Friday, we are unbeaten against Falkirk at their ground this season, always a worry when you go there again..

Aye I would probably agree in that scenario,  it would be a fantastic achievement. Lot of football to be played though. I think what happens in the coming weeks, doesn't only determine whether you have a good season but whether Stubbs keeps his job or not. 

20 hours ago, Geed said:

When's the game?