Scottish League Play Offs - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish League Play Offs

11 hours ago, giblet said:

May I take this opportunity to say that I wish no misfortune to Killie fans apart from that Bassa Scunnered.

:lol:  If it means anything, I sincerely hope you win the Scottish Cup :ok:.  Hopefully this will be enough to rekindle our friendship :)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Easter Road on Tuesday and watched most of last night's game too. Falkirk are a decent team, and awkward to play against. But there were times in both games when Hibs could, and probably should, have won it. Need to wait and see how many of the Hibs players move on, quite a few should probably be playing at a higher level, and there are obviously a couple of loan players too. No parachute payment next season, and a league containing Dundee Utd, Falkirk or Killie, and one or two other decent teams won't be easy to get out of. 

Edited by Pool Q

The two cup final runs will cover the parachute payment.

cant see McGinn now a Scottish international wanting another season in the Championship. Other than that Cummings will probably go and Henderson will go back to Celtic.

21 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Killie 4/7, Falkirk 5/4 according to McBookie.

Since being introduced Premiership playoffs have been bad news for the favourites though...

I could be wrong, and I often am, but I think that up until this season, the play offs have only resulted in only one team from a lower division getting promoted. Or, another way to look at it, only one team from the higher division has "Hibsed it".

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I could be wrong, and I often am, but I think that up until this season, the play offs have only resulted in only one team from a lower division getting promoted. Or, another way to look at it, only one team from the higher division has "Hibsed it".

Has there not only been 2 playoff years? Unless I'm missing one. 

The first division team has won one and the premier league team has won one.

37 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

They've been going, on and off, since the mid-90s.

3 hour que at Falkirk Stadium for tickets for Thursday nights game. Lots of season ticket holders missing out due to online sales crashing and unable to get to stadium yesterday. Only 800 left, going on sale at stadium only this morning. Club have announced season ticket holders given priority for return leg for what will be a huge game on Sunday.

21 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

3 hour que at Falkirk Stadium for tickets for Thursday nights game. Lots of season ticket holders missing out due to online sales crashing and unable to get to stadium yesterday. Only 800 left, going on sale at stadium only this morning. Club have announced season ticket holders given priority for return leg for what will be a huge game on Sunday.

Knowing lovely MJ and his pals, surely you'll get allocated more tickets if you sell out one of the stands behind the goal. Killie would have to find somewhere else to put the big banners behind the other goal right enough.

23 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

How many tickets have killie given you for rugby park ? 

8 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

How many tickets have killie given you for rugby park ? 

Club have not announced allocation, rumours that we are getting 4500. Killie will only get North stand at Falkirk Stadium approximately 2000

8 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

I was talking about the playoffs for all the divisions since the SPFL was formed. I think I read somewhere that Hibs were the only team from a higher division who have failed to win out in the playoffs. I couldn't be ersed checking it out though, so I could be havering mince.

2 hours ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Ayr up so potential derbies next year. I bet some Killie fans wouldn't be too bothered if they go down. Would have a lot more fun in the championship 

Was thinking that today 

Killie 4 times v Ayr

Killie 4 times v ST Mirren ( always a big crown home and away) 

Killie 4 times v Morton

and 4 times v Hibs....

or 4 times c ICT 

or 4 times v Hamilton

or 4 times v Ross County

or 4 times v motherwell 

Where would the bigger crowds be.

ok the Ugly sisters would not be coming to Rugby park, but loadsa Killie guys dont go those games anyhoo.

Would be interesting to compare next years crowds with this years( add in 2 Rangers games) , if Killie go doon.........

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I was talking about the playoffs for all the divisions since the SPFL was formed. I think I read somewhere that Hibs were the only team from a higher division who have failed to win out in the playoffs. I couldn't be ersed checking it out though, so I could be havering mince.

That could be true. Livingston went down this year as well.