Weekend Scottish fitba - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish fitba

7 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Why did we take a quick free kick when Shinnie was helping Taylor with his cramp problem? That is worse than schoolboy stuff.

That whole 30 seconds was an utter joke.

McLean should have just booted the ball into his own net and saved a wee bit of time.

We do excel in conceding Coco the Clown goals. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're a competent 'keeper and a calm centre half away from winning the league. 

Every Aberdeen fan knew in January that if we had to play Scott Brown for the rest of the season, it'd cost us. And so it has proved. 

Hearts were worthy winners last night. A fantastic, frenetic, breathless game in a great atmosphere. Brilliant occasion from the off. 

We should've had the game won inside 15 mins and were made to pay. Gutting.

12 minutes ago, Rossy said:

We do excel in conceding Coco the Clown goals

And don't deserve to win anything if we can't cut that out ideally or to an absolute minimum. 

At times we must be a dream to play against.

I'll counter that by saying that when McGinn & Hayes are on song we're a bit of a nightmare to play against.

2 hours ago, Rossy said:

Any team that wins a league generally has a midfielder that can score 10 - 12 goals (I realise that might not apply to Celtic this season, I'm not sure).

I thought Kenny McLean might be that player, but McInnes still seems be playing him out of position more often than not. 

A better keeper should be high on our shopping list in the summer. A central defender to replace either Taylor or Reynolds would be nice as well.

If we can get Church to sign, that would be a bonus. His goals have kept us up there over the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Aside from that, McInnes needs to work out how to get the best of our big players....McGinn and Hayes...in 'big' games. McGinn on form is a joy to behold, but too often when it matters (such as last night) he's nowhere to be found. 

We're not far away, but it's frustrating that we can't take the final step in important games. 

I think McLean is potentially an excellent player and I agree, I think Mcinnes doesn't do enough to get the best out of him. In fact, me and a few mates where talking last week and we pretty much agreed, with much discussion that overall Aberdeens front four is better than ours.

Great atmosphere at Tynecastle last night, and a really good game. Aberdeen should have had the game sewn up well before half time, and in the match McGinn on his own had enough chances to win two or three games. Strangely though, over the full ninety minutes I thought Hearts just about deserved to win it. I mentioned at the time Strachan announced his squads recently that Walker was as deserving of a place as several who had been picked, and I'd stick to that. He has something about him, looks to me like he could go on to play at a much higher level. Poor, and brainless, as Aberdeen were in the build up for our second goal, Walker did really well in what proved to be the decisive moment in the game. With third place secured, it will be interesting to see if Neilson can keep the players going for the remaining games this season.

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

We're a competent 'keeper and a calm centre half away from winning the league. 

Every Aberdeen fan knew in January that if we had to play Scott Brown for the rest of the season, it'd cost us. And so it has proved. 

Hearts were worthy winners last night. A fantastic, frenetic, breathless game in a great atmosphere. Brilliant occasion from the off. 

We should've had the game won inside 15 mins and were made to pay. Gutting.

I think its a bit more than 2 players...