Weekend Scottish fitba - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Scottish fitba

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit disappointed with the Motherwell result today.

On the one hand, poor finishing and several decent saves from Ripley kept us in it, but on the other, we didn't play as well as we can and almost nicked a point.

We had a good goal disallowed and the winner was a disaster from the keeper.

Confirmed my suspicion that Tierney was only in the Scotland squad because of who he plays for. (As someone said on the Motherwell forum, the great, uncapped Joe Wark should be spinning in his grave)

1 hour ago, black'n'tan said:

Gave up, picked up the ball to stop the game then walked off ! Hopefully never see the @&$#%€¥ again... got it large from crowd going off !

I can't make out from the video - what's the story ?

42 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Confirmed my suspicion that Tierney was only in the Scotland squad because of who he plays for. (As someone said on the Motherwell forum, the great, uncapped Joe Wark should be spinning in his grave)

Two assists not good enough?

Today was the first big mistake I can remember him making. He's probably been our 2nd best player since he came into the side. 

8 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Two assists not good enough?

Today was the first big mistake I can remember him making. He's probably been our 2nd best player since he came into the side. 

My point is more about his age and lack of experience.

If he'd played 100 games for Motherwell or Hamilton he wouldn't be near a Scotland squad.

Barely into double figures in appearances for a poor Celtic side and he's handed a cap.

On another note, what does Scott Brown have to do to get booked?

:lol:

I used to like Brown, but there seems to be little to his "game" these days other than swaggering about the park puffing his chest and acting the hard man.

41 minutes ago, fringo said:

I can't make out from the video - what's the story ?

Useless @$#%€ gave up , some chat with bench , picked up ball to give away a foul and tried to go off. Something said by Mixu so he went back on park and lay down pretending to be injured.....got hooked, got pelters, started applauding us going off. 

One of the laziest , useless xxxx players ever seen in my time, should never see a United jersey again, f e c kin liability .

Hopefully Mixu punched his .... In the street after in a square go ?

8 minutes ago, black'n'tan said:

Useless @$#%€ gave up , some chat with bench , picked up ball to give away a foul and tried to go off. Something said by Mixu so he went back on park and lay down pretending to be injured.....got hooked, got pelters, started applauding us going off. 

One of the laziest , useless xxxx players ever seen in my time, should never see a United jersey again, f e c kin liability .

Hopefully Mixu punched his .... In the street after in a square go ?

But who - I can't see from the vid and haven't heard the story?! My guess would be Gunning ?

Edited by fringo

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Should never work as a professional football player again.  A massive, massive arsehole. 

I agree mate, an utter tosser.

I actually commented on him a few weeks back during one of your games (possibly the Derby at Dens) Strolling around, lazy passes and generally displaying body language that said 'I'm too good for this'. Infuriating to watch. 

To have any chance of a quick return, you need idiots like that hunted out the door. 

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If we'd kept Danny Ward I think we'd be top. So it's really not IMO. 

Utter rubbish. You're 8 points behind and your team have shat it every time they've had the chance to turn the screw. Stewart Milne cost you the chance to win this title with his complete lack of ambition in January and I genuinely think that filtered through the whole club.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If he'd played 100 games for Motherwell or Hamilton he wouldn't be near a Scotland squad.

Barely into double figures in appearances for a poor Celtic side and he's handed a cap.

I used to like Brown, but there seems to be little to his "game" these days other than swaggering about the park puffing his chest and acting the hard man.

Dunno what's happened to Broony, he just looks done in. Him and Bitton are slower than a week on the jail!

I thought we played some good stuff in the first half especially today but kudos to Motherwell for their 2nd half and the disallowed goal was tight to say the least. It kinda reminded me of the Kilmarnock game earlier this season, where we could've won 8-2 but somehow drew 2-2 and could even have lost.

I think you're very harsh on KT. That's the first big mistake he's made and as well as setting up 2 goals I counted 4 other clear chances he set up....in short he's excellent. 

Anyway if we're analysing left backs, the sheep's great hope Shinnie was pretty rotten last night imo

The game at fir park earlier in the season was similar in that Celtic should've been out of sight, but ended up hanging on to their 1-0 lead towards the end.

Suppose Aberdeen had a similar failing that was more cruelly exploited. They tore Hearts to shreds  early on and McGinn should've had 2 goals to make it 3-0 after 20 minutes.

Neither team is ruthless enough.

I suspect Celtic might have another gear, but they've never had to find it, as Aberdeen just aren't strong enough to put them under pressure.

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Utter rubbish. You're 8 points behind and your team have shat it every time they've had the chance to turn the screw. Stewart Milne cost you the chance to win this title with his complete lack of ambition in January and I genuinely think that filtered through the whole club.

If Aberdeen "shat it" every time they had the chance to "turn the screw" then you are suggesting it was psychological and not down to ability. You then contradict yourself by implying they should have strengthened the team in January. You have also used "bottle" before - tends to be terms used by folks such as Derek Johnstone as they struggle to articulate any argument or discussion beyond a basic level. In keeping with that, Aberdeen just weren't good enough to sustain a run of beating teams they were only marginally better than. Nothing to do with shitting it or bottle. They did well to make it this close but ultimately were not good enough. 

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Agree re Brown but ask same re McDonald? Foul after foul...

8 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I agree mate, an utter tosser.

I actually commented on him a few weeks back during one of your games (possibly the Derby at Dens) Strolling around, lazy passes and generally displaying body language that said 'I'm too good for this'. Infuriating to watch. 

To have any chance of a quick return, you need idiots like that hunted out the door. 

He was an arsehole at Motherwell before we signed him first time.  He proved himself a bigger arsehole than we thought during that spell, culminating in his sprint from the pitch at the end of the 2014 cup final.  That we signed him again when he'd been run out of England for being an arsehole says how desperate we were to sign just anybody at all back in November.

And lo, he's actually becoming an even bigger arsehole than before, something I didn't think was possible. He looks like he's playing five a side with his mates on a Tuesday night - and even then, I've seen some Tuesday night footballers put in a far harder shift than that arsehole.

If I never see him again, it'll be too soon. 

Edited by adamntg