Czech Republic Vs Scotland On TV - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech Republic Vs Scotland On TV

OFlowerofScotland

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Overall, I am pretty encouraged by this performance tonight. Started slowly and tentatively, but we have grown into the game in the 2nd half and most of the guys have done well.

Looking forward to see what the other squad can come up with on Tuesday night now,... onwards and upwards:)Ā 

Spot on. Nobody has let us down. We have kept a clean sheet against a team technically better than us and have gotten better as the game has gone on. This will be a morale-boosting win and I'd say we've deserved it. Especially considering we should have had a pen.

Considering how pessimistic I was about this set of friendlies, I'm absolutely delighted to be eating humble pie after that performance :-) Thoroughly deserved win, could and should have been more with the penalty, all round a very good performance.Ā :spin:

Ā 

3 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Bannan, Snodgrass, Mccormack, Watt all impressive, and all happy with the ball.

Ā 

Ended up watching it on two different Czech streams (one kept crashing).

I now know that, worldwide, no commentator can say the word "Watt" without following it with the word "Barcelona" within the next two words !!

Good performance tonight. Happy with that.Ā 

26 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Bannan, Snodgrass, Mccormack, Watt all impressive, and all happy with the ball.

And these were exactly the type of players - on the fringe of the squad or coming back from long-term injury - that Strachan wanted to used this set a friendlies to look at!Ā B)Ā