Scottish Cup weekend - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup weekend

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Interesting stat one of lads told me at work today was since 2012/2013 Rangers have played 2 out 3 cups games at Ibrox. No idea what relevance that has with this weekends cup games though I think I know what he was alluding to!!

Note: No idea if this is true or not.

Does this lad think the is a conspiracy amongst the SFA to maximise the blue pound for visiting clubs?

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Does this lad think the is a conspiracy amongst the SFA to maximise the blue pound for visiting clubs?

Certainly one point of view. TBH I think he is worried that it will beĀ old firm semi or final this year, the SFA in his opinion have givenĀ a helping hand to Rangers in cup competitions to make this happen, and that Rangers will win the tie thus being the final nail in Ronny's coffin...

45 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

Can Rangers get into Europe if they win the cup ?

Ā 

Imagine Aberdeen won the League and Rangers won the cup....

Ā 

Tims would be queued up to throw themselves off Dalmarnock bridge.

I think we can now, as the rule was around 3 years of audited accounts, I think.

I'm sure someone on here will know for sure.

52 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

Can Rangers get into Europe if they win the cup ?

Ā 

Imagine Aberdeen won the League and Rangers won the cup....

Ā 

Tims would be queued up to throw themselves off Dalmarnock bridge.

Yes mate although that's the only way we can. For example if we lose to the Tims in the final, if,we both get there, and they win the league, we wouldn't qualify for Europe.Ā 

10 hours ago, jock strap said:

Typical thread that gets invaded by the TAMB Aberdeen Mafia despite them not even being in the CupĀ :lol:

Is rossy now classed as the Aberdeen mafia?

Ā 

its really strange what people see on here

13 hours ago, shaggycoo said:

Interesting stat one of lads told me at work today was since 2012/2013 Rangers have played 2 out 3 cups games at Ibrox. No idea what relevance that has with this weekends cup games though I think I know what he was alluding to!!

Note: No idea if this is true or not.

Excluding the Challenge Cup we've had 9 away and 18 home ties over that period (not counting replays or neutral venues). There's no point in us going to all the effort of this masonic conspiracy if we're not going to get more home ties than away!

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Cant see us beating ICT today, think a draw our best chance and get Bartley and Cummings back for a replay. Ā ICT look very good value at 14/5 to win.

Sneckie can only score goals against Aberdeen, and even then their top scorer is Willie Collum.

2-0 Hibs.

11 minutes ago, giblet said:

Well ICT are rather agricultural in their approach to the game so far!

Better first half from Hibees. Dylan's groin held out for a full 20 mins but that change has appeared to help us.

Ā 

It's been poor from both teams in fairness. Decent start to the game too. Their keeper has had 3 excellent saves and you lot were unlucky not to get a penalty, although it's a hard one for the ref.Ā 

As I said, Sneckie are absolutely pish against anybody apart from Aberdeen.

Some of the football they're playing in this game so far is embarrassing.Ā 

Edited by Rossy