Scottish Cup weekend - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup weekend

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, giblet said:

Premier league standard is pish this year.

This year ?

Did you not notice that when Hibs in the Premier League were regularly getting pumped by lower league clubs ?

For around 15 years now, there's been little difference in one-off games between most of the Premiership and Championship clubs. I'm surprised that anyone that watches football can't see that.

We were brilliant today. Great attitude from all of our boys (perhaps in part due to Gary Harkins' pre-match team talk...) and we were clinical too which was a pleasant change from recent weeks. Defensively solid too which has been a significant improvement recently.

Really, really pleasing performance. Delighted with that. ?

Well chuffed with the result today.

thought the worst when down to 10 but clearly there is some spirit left in the players.

would swap the spot in the semi for more league points :ok:

what date we playing Celtic if they get through ! 

I've spent the afternoon boozing thanks to the joy I feel after this result and performance. I'm not preparing for my mate's wife's 30th party in Williamwood with some posh folk where I will almost certainly be too pished and fall out with the fiancée whilst making an arse of myself. Thanks Dundee. ?

21 minutes ago, Rossy said:

On paper, yes....:lol:

Totally agree mate, it's pretty factual that we have a better chance of winning the Scottish Cup than you ! :D

If I'm honest, I would rather not have the inevitable semi final match v Celtic and concentrate on the league. 

Being even more honest, it doesn't make a bloody difference anyway.....we're gubbed in the league ! :lol:

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There's a fair chance that could be the best it got for you this season. 

I can understand your delight at managing to beat a big team though.

3 minutes ago, Rossy said:

There's a fair chance that could be the best it got for you this season. 

I can understand your delight at managing to beat a big team though.

It's not the first time we've pumped you lot from down here 

I might have took two attempts but we beat a big team in the end, the savilles are still seething from it going by today's events :wave:

Edited by DoonTheSlope

2 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It's not the first time we've pumped you lot from down here 

Queens Park also beat us in the League Cup.

And Stenhousemuir beat us in the Scottish. 

Like we give a that teams like them and Hibs managed a one-off result against us. Good luck in your fight to get in a play-off to get out of a lower league :ok:

1 minute ago, Rossy said:

Queens Park also beat us in the League Cup.

And Stenhousemuir beat us in the Scottish. 

Like we give a that teams like them and Hibs managed a one-off result against us. Good luck in your fight to get in a play-off to get out of a lower league :ok:

We also beat you's two years on the trot in the cup in the two years prior to being relegated, you boys sure know how to Dons it in style when you's are up against big time bottlers Hibs

Good luck on holding onto second place, your bottles as fragile as Dylan McGeouch's groin :ok:

Interesting stat one of lads told me at work today was since 2012/2013 Rangers have played 2 out 3 cups games at Ibrox. No idea what relevance that has with this weekends cup games though I think I know what he was alluding to!!

Note: No idea if this is true or not.